Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Official Tweets v Exeter

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Cobi Budge.":37ogcszz said:
Don't get me wrong I give the club twitter credit because it's certainly improved lately, I just wish they'd be more professional in the way they deal with criticism, either take it on board or ignore it, don't retweet it to try and show supporters up, it's looks pathetic.

Retweeting abuse from rival supporters to show them up is fine by me, but to try and ridicule and turn on your own (whether you disagree with their opinions or not) isn't the kind of attitude I feel the club should be making. It only serves to divide the fan base further, its unnecessary. Amusing or otherwise, I feel its best saved for personal accounts not the official platform.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You're both possibly right, but it still amuses me.

Plus of course I declare a bias, it is my opinion that the man is completely up his own backside and makes up stories on constant basis.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I dont really get twitter but if you're going to tweet something then you shouldn't complain when it's retweeted. Maybe it will lake people stop and think what they post.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It's poo like this that makes me real glad that I don't "do" twitter!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No mate, this one belongs to Amsterdam Green, he's never collected it.

It's 'mine' until he does.

:thumbs:

Feb 18, 2015
We should expect to beat Exeter. It does look so small minded and unambitious however after today maybe that is the highlight of the season.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Andrew Owen":1i4c4rb1 said:
OK, now it's become a little bit ridiculous.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-7_nrJWsAAUVZG.jpg

£10 for a DVD of the game? Really? When did beating Exeter City become such an achievement that it needs to be commemorated like this?

Agree. Small time and saaaaad. I was happy for a couple of days but then life moved on and other things came along to be enjoyed.quite cringeworthy to revel in beating a football minnow so much. Still it'll be summat to relish in that long play-off-less summer

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":2waulo9d said:
Still it'll be summat to relish in that long play-off-less summer

:clap:

What a man. :facepalm:

Can I ask, what does summat mean?

Being a Plymothian and all.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":1ftofyf4 said:
up_the_line":1ftofyf4 said:
Still it'll be summat to relish in that long play-off-less summer

:clap:

What a man. :facepalm:

Can I ask, what does summat mean?

Being a Plymothian and all.

Its a colloquialism...sorry, didn't know I was writing in the presence of a professor of English...I'll try better next time Chaucer
The point remains beating Exeter really shouldn't be celebrated like we've actually achieved something remarkable and I'll only be interested in DVDs and triumphalist merchandise when we actually win something meaningful like say, promotion.
Still, if lording it over powerhouses like Exeter for weeks on end gets you through another season of actually being in the same division as them then go bask in the warmth. Who needs games against Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest eh?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Best not to use Northern ones down here though you know what us Janners are like we get easily confused.

I like you can't wait until we leave the six toes to languish in the league they love, but why the 'play off less summer' jibe, it just seems like you're relishing in our misery again.

Very strange behaviour to me, I must admit.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":vom4w37m said:
Best not to use Northern ones down here though you know what us Janners are like we get easily confused.

I like you can't wait until we leave the six toes to languish in the league they love, but why the 'play off less summer' jibe, it just seems like you're relishing in our misery again.

Very strange behaviour to me, I must admit.

Not relishing, pointing out to people who thought promotion was an inevitably after beating them lot that they'll have the last laugh if we're stuck with them on our fixture list next season...the same kind of people who think that a loss against a playoff rival is nothing to worry about (talk about defeatist) even when it exposes the troubling dearth of options after Reuben Reid and shows that, in all likelihood, we'd be second best in any playoff encounter.