Argyle sign Graham Carey | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle sign Graham Carey

Dec 18, 2008
Everything I'm reading about Carey says he is a wide left midfielder. The same as Wylde. They are maybe in competition for one place. From what I've seen on highlight reels, he isn't fast enough to be viable to play in a midfield two. Adams made a point of saying square pegs in square holes. Intrigued.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Misco":28zzmqfi said:
Everything I'm reading about Carey says he is a wide left midfielder. The same as Wylde. They are maybe in competition for one place. From what I've seen on highlight reels, he isn't fast enough to be viable to play in a midfield two. Adams made a point of saying square pegs in square holes. Intrigued.

Or it could be 4-3-3 with Carey left of a midfield three and Wylde wide left up front. It's gonna be interesting.

Aug 10, 2006
Paven":2tpxlvua said:
loyal1970":2tpxlvua said:
Quizmike":2tpxlvua said:
Back with our friends at St Mirren, it seems they were linked with resigning him. They are a bit more complimentary about Carey than they were about Wylde.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums ... ham-carey/
funny when a player leaves your club he's sh1te still supporter's are the same all over I suppose.

Weird - it's almost as if clubs don't renew the contracts of players they don't think are very good!

Football's gone mad! :crazy:
club's don't call them poo though do they.

Jun 8, 2014
loyal1970":35wwdpe3 said:
Paven":35wwdpe3 said:
loyal1970":35wwdpe3 said:
Quizmike":35wwdpe3 said:
Back with our friends at St Mirren, it seems they were linked with resigning him. They are a bit more complimentary about Carey than they were about Wylde.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums ... ham-carey/
funny when a player leaves your club he's sh1te still supporter's are the same all over I suppose.

Weird - it's almost as if clubs don't renew the contracts of players they don't think are very good!

Football's gone mad! :crazy:
club's don't call them sh1te though do they.

Because that would be unprofessional. They can think it though..

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
According to Adams he can play left , right, off the top and also in a middle 2 or 3.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Adams comes across well in interviews no doubt about that,but thats all it is...interviews....I'll judge him and his signings come October after we've played the Portsmouths, Stevenages, Wycombes and Lutons of this league...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's what we all have to do Alan.

Until then allow some of us to get excited when a player talks about his manager in a way which suggest we're going to attack, attack attack at home, with wingers at pace.

Jun 11, 2012
Something else which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned:

This signing also allows us to play 3 at the back, with Carey & Mellor as wing-backs.

It's certainly good to at least have the option of it -- I can't see McHugh and Hartley playing in the same side otherwise. Both really should be starting every game at this level.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The cliched 'at this level' presumably means playing well enough week on week to be promotion material.

Maybe those two are.

Having seen how poor Mellor was at times last season I'd be concerned if he was assumed by DA as at that level.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
At the start of the season, and even up until Christmas, he was one of the contenders for Player of the Season. If I remember right, Mellor was also playing with an injury towards the end of the season. Not sure how you can not think Mellor's a good enough player.

P

pafcstafford

HarlHM":1ddedwb7 said:

This signing also allows us to play 3 at the back, with Carey & Mellor as wing-backs.

It's certainly good to at least have the option of it -- I can't see McHugh and Hartley playing in the same side otherwise. Both really should be starting every game at this level.

I've don't think its impossible for them to play together, no-one ever mentions it if we were to play two right footed centre backs so why should being left footed matter any more if it works and they feel comfortable? Obviously a right and left is what people desire but if your best two options happen to both be left footed so what.

Jun 11, 2012
pafcstafford":1sppz84d said:
HarlHM":1sppz84d said:

I've don't think its impossible for them to play together, no-one ever mentions it if we were to play two right footed centre backs so why should being left footed matter any more if it works and they feel comfortable? Obviously a right and left is what people desire but if your best two options happen to both be left footed so what.
I expected that.

In a 2, left-footed centre backs will have played 99% of their games growing up, at least, as the left centre back. Right-footers have far more experience on the unnatural side as there are obviously a lot more of them.

You just don't see it and likely never will. It'd be awkward. Plus, Nelson's RCB.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Let us hope Carey is given the number 11 shirt, one that has seen some particularly good and exciting players over the years. Starting with Sammy Black it was passed down through the generations to the likes of Alex Govan, Harry Penk, Ken Maloy (on his good days), Nicky Jennings, Alan Rogers, Don Hutchins, Hugh McAuley, Andy Rogers, Paul Dalton, Tony Capaldi and Peter Halmosi.