Argyle sign Graham Carey | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle sign Graham Carey

G

Greenskin

Steve.PAFC2012":2qppjjg8 said:
Finally the replacement for Hourihane?
Really excited to see what he can do! And he can take a set piece :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

He'll need to greatly increase his previous goal scoring record to match that of Hourihane's over the past two seasons.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Seems another good addition based on some comments and his videos. Welcome aboard Graham let's see you light up league 2.

Still think we need 1 or 2 strong CM's, I appreciate we have Cox but a couple more strong players would be good.

Mar 23, 2008
Looks another astute and potentially excellent signing. Very impressed with the calibre of the new signings thus far.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
monkeywrench":3sw8mewe said:
Where's Argyle-sy when you need him.......what's he like Sy?

Good player mate, surprised me he never really kicked on at Celtic, in my opinion he was good enough to make their first team, and I know that Rangers had him watched a few times back in 2006. Talented lad, usually played as a winger but can play in an attacking midfield role as well. He has a wicked left foot and is a great crosser, on the basis of what I have seen of Carey and Wylde I would think that Carey would get the starting berth. Another shrewd signing by DA, he's bringing in some real quality players.

I know people on other threads have been saying about the quality of the SPL and comparing it to league 2, even the weaker SPL clubs last season(St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell) would beat Argyle and most league 1 clubs in my opinion. This is another cracking wee signing in my opinion. If we can bring in one or two central midfielders to compliment what we have already bought in then we will be in good shape for next season.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Captains Log":2xkubtki said:
Bermudian Green":2xkubtki said:
ArgyleMatty1991":2xkubtki said:
Adams doesn't seem to be having much issue with signing players from far away! Maybe there is a difference in culture in Scottish football. "A jobs a job they say" This is also dispelling the talk that players dont like Derek Adams as another former player wants to play for him again!

Welcome Graham. I hope your time down here is a good one :)

True. It seems that it's just the English who don't want to come to Plymouth.

This is shaping up to be a very, very exciting season. So many parallels with the first Sturrock era.

Scottish players are the only ones we can afford. We have been here before with Bobby Williamson. There is a reason they are cheap.

What a ridiculous comment. There are some very talented players that play in Scotland, just look at players like Wanyama, Forster, Naysmith who are thriving in the premier league at the moment. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys, hence why some of the players we signed from Scotland weren't of the greatest quality.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Cheers Sy. Wonder if Adams is thinking 4-3-3 to accommodate both or perhaps playing him in the hole.

C

Cobi Budge.

What I think is quite positive is despite all the bluster about him being a horrible bloke and his players hating him, players who have worked under him before are relocating (large distances) to play under him again.

Jan 7, 2013
Potentially another decent signing, like what I read from the St Mirren site good stuff, welcome aboard.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wouldn't surprise me if Adams is thinking of doing what Luggy did first time round. 4-4-2 at home and a 4-5-1/4-3-3 away.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
monkeywrench":3o9ybo2o said:
Cheers Sy. Wonder if Adams is thinking 4-3-3 to accommodate both or perhaps playing him in the hole.

I think it will be a 4-3-3 with Carey on the left, saw a bit of him last season and he predominantly played on the left wing so I can see him starting there ahead of Wylde(Carey is the better player in my opinion). We could play him in a central midfield role if the need arises though, just as long as he has support around him cuz he can be a wee bit lightweight.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Cobi Budge.":2g3p51kp said:
What I think is quite positive is despite all the bluster about him being a horrible bloke and his players hating him, players who have worked under him before are relocating (large distances) to play under him again.

I'd say he 'seems' a really nice bloke so far, who was it that said he interrupted a phone conversation to talk to them? Was it you, Cobi?

Sep 8, 2013
Now, with the addition of a competitive and play-making CM, we are looking close to getting ready for the new season. But we do need one more strong CM imo.