Argyle v Newport matchday thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Newport matchday thread

Feb 2, 2007
Knibbsworth":38ffe0ki said:
up_the_line":38ffe0ki said:
Time to go Adams

Your support is disgraceful and embarrassing.

The only time I ever felt like that about a Manager was David Kemp.

Adams has one of the best win ratios of any Argyle manager and deserves loyalty and support for quite some time to come.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Pilgrim_Joe":3lqgwzv2 said:
Forest of Dean Green":3lqgwzv2 said:
Pilgrim_Joe":3lqgwzv2 said:
Forest of Dean Green":3lqgwzv2 said:
up_the_line":3lqgwzv2 said:
Time to go Adams

Dearie, dearie me. We had 2 losses and 2 draws before Christmas last year and everyone thought the sky was falling on our heads and Adams was a busted flush, and then we went on a 4 game winning run and Adams was the dogs again. This board is the most lily livered place to spend a Saturday sometimes. Time to go ffs

Your assumption is that things have changed from last year.

After unfortunately enduring that gut wrenching defeat at Wembley I see parallels to last season.

I genuinely pray I'm wrong, but the similarity is uncanny.

Yep. I get that. But we are in a promotion spot and 7 points better than the next team. I don't know if we will prevail, but now isn't the time for an inquisition about Adams. That I do know. Now is the time to rally around the team.

I will always be behind the team, but after 45 years of this sometimes it grates.

I WANT DA to prove me wrong. I really do.

But lets not put lipstick on a pig. We are a mirror image of last season.

That's my realistic concern.

Best 11 last year better than best 11 this year for sure. Let's see what Santa brings and then the January window. There is life in this season yet

Sep 25, 2010
up_the_line":1dnupjw5 said:
Emu":1dnupjw5 said:
up_the_line":1dnupjw5 said:
Time to go Adams

Attention seeker rises to the fore...again.

He has no other strategy and he refuses to adapt even against a 10 man bottom of the league side. Put it down to attention seeking it makes you see past the obvious
Other people are saying it whilst stopping themselves slightly short, but I think I might be getting it in the neck more for having the bllks to say it was poo even when we were banging in deflected winners against Colchester.

The obvious is that you have a one agenda topic, you want the manager to go.

The results may be not be good at the moment, but look where he has taken us post Sheridan

Keep going DA, we will get over this blip, and will progress, don't listen to numpties like utl

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Knibbsworth":axamkg1h said:
up_the_line":axamkg1h said:
Time to go Adams

Your support is disgraceful and embarrassing.

No, yours is. I actually want us to win which is why I'm so angry at Adams. Being happy to meekly watch another season crumble, giving utter blind deity status to Adams at the expense of the of 3 home matches on the trot sans goals, with a Newport keeper barely having to lift his arms, does not in my book equal great support. Its just the sane old acceptance of crap. Which is the same as giving him a golden contract after the abysmal 2nd half of last season.
I actually want us to progress, I'd call thar supporting the club rather than the blind faith you place in adams over and above all else.
If support of Adams is your thing well you're top of the league.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Something drastic must have happened in the dressing room.

Tactically inept, woefully lacking in creativity and void of ideas.

We've gone from a high petfornryng league challengers to relegation fodder in performances within 6 weeks

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Martyn":2dexkoa4 said:
The midfield players support the front people. When we defend we defend with the defence and midfield

Therein lies some of our problems, as this leaves too much room in the middle as when attacking we have 5 up front leaving us short when they break & a back line of 8 when defending letting them walk the ball into our box & leaves us short if we break or having no option but to lump it up to an isolated front man to try to hold up play till they get forward.

C

Cult Of Personality

Adams starting to lose my faith in him. The fact he plays 1 upfront and just no attacking intent from the team

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cult Of Personality":37hkcxjk said:
Adams starting to lose my faith in him. The fact he plays 1 upfront and just no attacking intent from the team

Woah. Questioning the manager. Careful you might be called 'pathetic and embarrassing'

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
PAFC94 - trust me it can be much worse.

Got a few years on you i guess, but i've seen us outclassed and outplayed to a degree that i thought about crying - but somehow managed to smile through it. i'm not talking about good sides either, i'm thinking Lincoln on a cold Tuesday in February, Barnet under the lights at Underhill, trust me as an Argyle fan, just when you think it cant get worse it does!

But turning this all on its head just for a moment, if you heard a fellow League 2 or 1 team, got rid of their manager whilst in a promotion place, with the best away record in the division, people would be talking about how pathetic football is and inept Chairmen. Frustrating yes, end of the road - not even close.

Sep 25, 2010
Cult Of Personality":1qshgbzm said:
He does not play with just one up front, when we attack, we attack with just one player do we ????