Argyle v Newport matchday thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Newport matchday thread

Apr 4, 2015
i wished i had stayed away today like so many others (5500 attendance) truly awful performance except the first 20 mins. DA needs to change things up and quickly as we are defo going in the same direction as last season.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Martyn":21ksohad said:
up_the_line":21ksohad said:
Emu":21ksohad said:
up_the_line":21ksohad said:
Time to go Adams

Attention seeker rises to the fore...again.

He has no other strategy and he refuses to adapt even against a 10 man bottom of the league side. Put it down to attention seeking it makes you see past the obvious
Other people are saying it whilst stopping themselves slightly short, but I think I might be getting it in the neck more for having the bllks to say it was poo even when we were banging in deflected winners against Colchester.

The obvious is that you have a one agenda topic, you want the manager to go.

The results may be not be good at the moment, but look where he has taken us post Sheridan

Keep going DA, we will get over this blip, and will progress, don't listen to numpties like utl

Actually where he has taken us is a Play off final defeat, rather than a Play off Semi final defeat! Also DA took over a top 7 finishing team, Sheridan took over a team in danger of dropping out of the league.

I'm not saying he should go, it would be crazy to dismiss a manager when a team is top of the league, but the inconsistency of his teams is very puzzling. Was never like this in previous promotion years; the Sturrock 2001-02 team would have wiped the floor with this year's lot.

Feb 28, 2009
Torquay
They never got going today and once County went down to 10 men, I feared we'd struggle to break down the white bus.

Carey was poor with the exception of one inviting ball he played in from the left in the second half that nobody got on the end of. Many invisible players today and Goodwillie looks lost when he plays alone up front.

Having said that, we're not out, we still have a chance of progressing to the 3rd round and talk of kicking out DA is ridiculous. The team are going through a blip but isn't this what happened at the start of the season? All the moaners were in their element back in August until we started to win..........then they disappeared for a couple of months. Lo and behold, they're back again!

Keep the faith people!

PS. Wish there had been a bigger crowd today, it was too windy in the Lyndhurst.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

May 1, 2011
Martyn":1srb9vvo said:
Cult Of Personality":1srb9vvo said:
Adams starting to lose my faith in him. The fact he plays 1 upfront and just no attacking intent from the team
He does not play with just one up front, when we attack, we attack with just one player do we ????

Yeah you're right, and 1 goal in 4 games really proves our attacking prowesse. Today we played against 10 men for 70 mins with 1 upfront and 2 holding midfielders and had one shot on target. Yet you can't see an issue with the formation?

It is a fact that we play most games with one centre forward at best.

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":1zox92yc said:
Cult Of Personality":1zox92yc said:
Adams starting to lose my faith in him. The fact he plays 1 upfront and just no attacking intent from the team

Woah. Questioning the manager. Careful you might be called 'pathetic and embarrassing'

You did that all by yourself by asking for the manager's resignation.

Incredible really. The modern football fan who can't tolerate a sticky spell, who demands attacking winning football and has no consideration for budgets.

Our star striker is David Goodwillie, probably our highest paid forward and Exeter are probably paying more per week for Reuben Reid. That is what Derek Adams is trying to work with.

When he went 16 unbeaten it pushed us high up the table. He's got a back four now that barely recognise each other, an out of form keeper and strikers that aren't producing goals like their credentials suggested.

With time I'm sure he will get us back on track but with his budget why do fans always expect the win and a scintillating performance? Do you think the managers job here and the circumstances are easy?

There are ups and down in a season and we are definitely in a down.

I would be lying if I said your posts, your negativity, your ridicule of the manager, your lack empathy for his budgetary position, your expectation that entertaining football and a win are to be expected on a weekly basis, that all of the above did anything other than grate.

Try giving him Adams some respect, a little patience and some understanding. Ask yourself why Cambridge and Newport aren't 7 points clear of fourth on similar to DA's budget. Factor in a poo ton of injuries and you find yourself where Derek Adams is at oresent.

C

Charles Plym

nick_PASTIE":45b39pyy said:
Knibbsworth":45b39pyy said:
up_the_line":45b39pyy said:
Time to go Adams

Your support is disgraceful and embarrassing.

The only time I ever felt like that about a Manager was David Kemp.

Adams has one of the best win ratios of any Argyle manager and deserves loyalty and support for quite some time to come.

This ...
Only somebody with absolutely no brains or understanding of football would say differently .

C

Charles Plym

up_the_line":291nbmsz said:
PAFC94":291nbmsz said:
Truly one of the most pathetic showings I've ever seen from an Argyle team.

This. Inept, one dimensional, negative nonsense

Your posting?
It's ok we will give you time to turn it around :wave:

Feb 2, 2007
Charles.plym":j5huu5va said:
nick_PASTIE":j5huu5va said:
Knibbsworth":j5huu5va said:
up_the_line":j5huu5va said:
Time to go Adams

Adams has one of the best win ratios of any Argyle manager and deserves loyalty and support for quite some time to come.

This ...
Only somebody with absolutely no brains or understanding of football would say differently .

I think some think we are Barca and Real and are so disconnected from the reality of lower league football that they forget L2 clubs always have "flawed" players with fragile confidence and one game away from a bad performance or mistake. The fact Adams has got us where we are with the players we have is pretty much a miracle.

When all are fit and confident we are a top 7 team.

And for those who say we are Argyle we should be run away Champions- look at Portsmouth, possibly Luton who have spent big on wages, get decent crowds and are "struggling" more than us.

For once and for all get a grip, get behind the team, and leave your unconditional, destructive negativity in your tiny brain.

Nov 4, 2012
Charles.plym":1b5fv2tk said:
up_the_line":1b5fv2tk said:
PAFC94":1b5fv2tk said:
Truly one of the most pathetic showings I've ever seen from an Argyle team.

This. Inept, one dimensional, negative nonsense

Your posting?
It's ok we will give you time to turn it around :wave:

:lol:

Shuddered when I saw UTL agreeing with me.

Jul 12, 2016
Last week when we lost to Morecambe the excuse was we were down to 10 men. Today we couldn't beat 10 men in a patched up side.Whatever is happening in training this past fortnight needs changing. Seems DA prefers to stick to the same tactics at home regardless of the players available to him.

May 1, 2011
nick_PASTIE":5gv22z1z said:
Charles.plym":5gv22z1z said:
nick_PASTIE":5gv22z1z said:
Knibbsworth":5gv22z1z said:
up_the_line":5gv22z1z said:
Time to go Adams

This ...

I think some think we are Barca and Real and are so disconnected from the reality of lower league football that they forget L2 clubs always have "flawed" players with fragile confidence and one game away from a bad performance or mistake. The fact Adams has got us where we are with the players we have is pretty much a miracle.

And for those who say we are Argyle we should be run away Champions- look at Portsmouth, possibly Luton who have spent big on wages, get decent crowds and are "struggling" more than us.

For once and for all get a grip, get behind the team, and leave your unconditional, destructive negativity in your tiny brain.

Stop being so sanctimonious. It is OK to question the tactics after 4 very poor results. If you're not asking questions perhaps it's you who has the small brain.

By the way Adams himself said last year we were the best team in the league......

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bristol Rich":2iodvaik said:
nick_PASTIE":2iodvaik said:
Charles.plym":2iodvaik said:
nick_PASTIE":2iodvaik said:
Knibbsworth":2iodvaik said:
up_the_line":2iodvaik said:
Time to go Adams

This ...

Stop being so sanctimonious. It is OK to question the tactics after 4 very poor results. If you're not asking questions perhaps it's you who has the small brain.

By the way Adams himself said last year we were the best team in the league......

'unconditional, destructive negativity'. You mean analysis of 4 dreadful performances? I mean you could be referring to Adams' choice of tactics

Feb 2, 2007
Sorry I didn't see any analysis in your original statement.

I agree that tactics are currently somewhat limited, maybe by the personnel or maybe by the management team and I would like to see different systems tried but I'm not a football manager and wouldn't have the first clue on how to train this into a group of players in a limited timeframe.

But why would a manager resign (what you are proposing) when he's ahead of points target, still in FA Cup, managing under budget constraints, likely to lose best player in January, etc. Why would Brent or the club or 99% of fans want that.

Newcastle went on a similar winning run to us and now have lost two on the trot. Should Rafa go, just fall on sword because that is totally unacceptable.

Most Argyle fans would have happily accepted the position we are in now if offered at the start of the season, which doesn't make it great we have had a poor 4 games but I think you and a few others quickly lose sight of the "bigger picture".

Finally, if suggesting Adams gets out then who do you propose comes in? How long do you give them and what are your minimum expectation for season end of this ridiculous scenario played out?

May 1, 2011
nick_PASTIE":33tiqmag said:
Sorry I didn't see any analysis in your original statement.

I agree that tactics are currently somewhat limited, maybe by the personnel or maybe by the management team and I would like to see different systems tried but I'm not a football manager and wouldn't have the first clue on how to train this into a group of players in a limited timeframe.

But why would a manager resign (what you are proposing) when he's ahead of points target, still in FA Cup, managing under budget constraints, likely to lose best player in January, etc. Why would Brent or the club or 99% of fans want that.

Newcastle went on a similar winning run to us and now have lost two on the trot. Should Rafa go, just fall on sword because that is totally unacceptable.

Most Argyle fans would have happily accepted the position we are in now if offered at the start of the season, which doesn't make it great we have had a poor 4 games but I think you and a few others quickly lose sight of the "bigger picture".

Finally, if suggesting Adams gets out then who do you propose comes in? How long do you give them and what are your minimum expectation for season end of this ridiculous scenario played out?

Sorry I'm not a manager is a ridiculous comment. This is an opinion board. I've never been a politican but I'm pretty sure HM leader of the opposition is doing a poo job.

So for my 2 cents that was a very poor performance today to cap a poor month. Adams got all the praise a few weeks ago and now he deserves questioning.