Argyle v Newport matchday thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Newport matchday thread

Aug 11, 2013
Things can only get better. No meaningful shot I can remember. Ball achingly cold and yet another half baked excuse of a performance. Not really sure what our set up is. Often 4 across the fromt but each too isolated. Can't see where next goal is coming from let alone a win. A Carey wonder goal has saved us in similar situations but even he's overplaying things when there's something simple on. God that was bad.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Forest of Dean Green":1o0sl7vp said:
up_the_line":1o0sl7vp said:
Time to go Adams

Dearie, dearie me. We had 2 losses and 2 draws before Christmas last year and everyone thought the sky was falling on our heads and Adams was a busted flush, and then we went on a 4 game winning run and Adams was the dogs again. This board is the most lily livered place to spend a Saturday sometimes. Time to go ffs

Your assumption is that things have changed from last year.

After unfortunately enduring that gut wrenching defeat at Wembley I see parallels to last season.

I genuinely pray I'm wrong, but the similarity is uncanny.

Feb 2, 2007
Forest of Dean Green":3i4nl28d said:
up_the_line":3i4nl28d said:
Time to go Adams

Dearie, dearie me. We had 2 losses and 2 draws before Christmas last year and everyone thought the sky was falling on our heads and Adams was a busted flush, and then we went on a 4 game winning run and Adams was the dogs again. This board is the most lily livered place to spend a Saturday sometimes. Time to go ffs

Last season turned out fine didn't it.

Not sure many of these players believe they could compete in L1- Jervis, Fox, Miller, Songo'o, Donaldson barely able to compete in L2 let alone L1

The last 4 games has proven we are a one system pony and that system has been well and truly "found out".

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Pilgrim_Joe":2af8hih7 said:
Forest of Dean Green":2af8hih7 said:
up_the_line":2af8hih7 said:
Time to go Adams

After unfortunately enduring that gut wrenching defeat at Wembley I see parallels to last season.

Yep. I get that. But we are in a promotion spot and 7 points better than the next team. I don't know if we will prevail, but now isn't the time for an inquisition about Adams. That I do know. Now is the time to rally around the team.

Jul 6, 2011
Classic, if Carey doesnt play argyle don't play, time to give him a rest? Last year Carey went through a dour time and it seems he's doing it again.
Today's effort shows to me how important players like Purrington and Spencer are, we at least need Purrington back asap.
A quick word for Louis Rooney and Alex fletcher who I think done well considering the fray they entered into.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
How much deeper can we play Carey? Behind the Devonport end next week?

Adams, a manager destroying Goodwillies confidence and making him look naff by REPEATEDLY playing him in a ludicrous lone striker role.
Even today, against bottom of the league, against 10 men, at home, in a cup tie, Adams was too cowardly to play any other way

Sep 25, 2010
Where do people get this one front crap all the time from.

When we attack, we don't just attack with one player do we.

The midfield players support the front people. When we defend we defend with the defence and midfield

Get real, people give the impression, we only go forward with one attacker

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Forest of Dean Green":1kakcini said:
Pilgrim_Joe":1kakcini said:
Forest of Dean Green":1kakcini said:
up_the_line":1kakcini said:
Time to go Adams

Yep. I get that. But we are in a promotion spot and 7 points better than the next team. I don't know if we will prevail, but now isn't the time for an inquisition about Adams. That I do know. Now is the time to rally around the team.

I will always be behind the team, but after 45 years of this sometimes it grates.

I WANT DA to prove me wrong. I really do.

But lets not put lipstick on a pig. We are a mirror image of last season.

That's my realistic concern.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Emu":3ik31610 said:
up_the_line":3ik31610 said:
Time to go Adams

Attention seeker rises to the fore...again.

He has no other strategy and he refuses to adapt even against a 10 man bottom of the league side. Put it down to attention seeking it makes you see past the obvious
Other people are saying it whilst stopping themselves slightly short, but I think I might be getting it in the neck more for having the bllks to say it was poo even when we were banging in deflected winners against Colchester.