Argyle v Weymouth | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Weymouth

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I hope we aren't going to go through the process of trying 50 different formations before the season kicks off.

4-1-3-2 makes my teeth itch.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Argy1e":3m20nu05 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2C-ZFbIivg

highlights
Thanks for that. Brief but enjoyable,well when we scored,looked like sloppy defending on our part though......

C

Cobi Budge.

The defending for both goals is dreadful, two very good finishes but they've been gifted possession in a dangerous area on both occasions, a tad worrying.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The away strip is a lot better than I expected it to be I must admit.

Jul 6, 2011
Well it may be only a friendly, but let's not use that as some kind of an excuse for a performance that was sadly lacking. I would say Weymouth wanted it more than Argyle, there were ex-Argyle players there like Copp, Laird and Yetton who have something to prove and they looked good, especially the midfield and the first goal was a cracker.
Think today's effort proves what a big player Cox is for us and how much we miss him.

Btw Allen was no worse than anyone else, he just made a mistake that made his performance stand out. Thomas must start at Cambridge

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
briangreen":1743djt2 said:
Well it may be only a friendly, but let's not use that as some kind of an excuse for a performance that was sadly lacking. I would say Weymouth wanted it more than Argyle, there were ex-Argyle players there like Copp, Laird and Yetton who have something to prove and they looked good, especially the midfield and the first goal was a cracker.
Think today's effort proves what a big player Cox is for us and how much we miss him.

Btw Allen was no worse than anyone else, he just made a mistake that made his performance stand out. Thomas must start at Cambridge
I agree the first half was sadly lacking but we were much improved in the second half (when we had more of the first team squad on the pitch) and, with better finishing, could have ended up scoring 4 or 5.

I think the fact that Thomas played 90 minutes at Tavistock and a big chunk of this game shows that he figures high up in Sheridans plans for the season. I hope so anyway.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Keepitgreen":1s5fv0z4 said:
briangreen":1s5fv0z4 said:

I agree the first half was sadly lacking but we were much improved in the second half (when we had more of the first team squad on the pitch) and, with better finishing, could have ended up scoring 4 or 5.

I think the fact that Thomas played 90 minutes at Tavistock and a big chunk of this game shows that he figures high up in Sheridans plans for the season. I hope so anyway.

I think the opposite. Thomas needs game time and experience - he won't figure in the starting 11 for some time. Cox and Blizzard injured meant we were light in defensive midfield. It was only a friendly and in a league game I think he'd have played Nelson in there.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cornish Chris":1n0xkxli said:
It's the first pre-season game - people are going to make silly mistakes that they wouldn't in a competitive game. It's all about players getting minutes at this stage.

Hey Chris - that was the second. Crucifixion to follow I'm guessing. :silent: