Argyle v Weymouth | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Weymouth

Apr 1, 2009
The Sheridan/Errington relationship is an interesting one. I like the way that Sheridan does his transfer business quietly and presents his signings without them being preceded by strong rumours. However the fanbase is always looking for gossip, and it is Errington's job to write up the gossip in a way that contributes to selling his newspaper. If he is not fed titbits, and cannot get to the manager, he has a lack of material and his current frustration is apparent.

If the relationship between Argyle and the Herald is to be a little more edgy, I'm all in favour. At times recently the paper has seemed little more than a PR vehicle for the club, and I'd rather see it keeping the club on its toes by asking the occasional searching question. The two need each other, but too close a relationship is not healthy.

I don't think Sheridan has cause for complaint against the local media - many provincial clubs are given a harder time by local hacks. Chris Errington is hardly fearsome, and Gordon Sparks is a lapdog compared to some some local radio journalists. Sheridan would be silly to alienate such a compliant press.

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't think Sheridan has a 'responsibility' to take time out of his job to talk to local newspapers, some managers are happy to do it, other's aren't. If you ask me Sheridan often seems uncomfortable in front of a camera.

I like the way Sheridan operates, all signings are a complete surprise, which is why talking about rumours while Sheridan is manager is actually rather pointless, I don't think many, if any have come true, appears he's running a very tight ship in that respect.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge.":20gajfaa said:
all signings are a complete surprise
I can only remember Bittner being a surprise so far? And that wasn't completely secret as someone on here told me about it before it happened

C

Cobi Budge.

Argy1e":12min049 said:
Cobi Budge.":12min049 said:
all signings are a complete surprise
I can only remember Bittner being a surprise so far? And that wasn't completely secret as someone on here told me about it before it happened

I knew nothing about the signings of Mellor, Hartley, McHugh, Smalley & Bittner, but I'll admitt to knowing about Cox, usually I at least hear a whisper before most signings are confirmed.

Under Fletcher, every signing was pretty much confirmed on Pasoti days before it was actually announced.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Thanks for the report, much appreciated.