Awards night (NOW CANCELLED) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Awards night (NOW CANCELLED)

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
PL2 3DQ":3soql6d8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3soql6d8 said:
pilgrimmike1":3soql6d8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3soql6d8 said:
oddball":3soql6d8 said:
Lee ...£36 a head seems a bit steep to me(strictly limited to the more wealthier supporter it would seem)

You're having a laugh. £36 is extremly reasonable. I have paid as much as £85 for similar dinner and presentation evenings with Palace.

London prices don't go hand in hand with Plymouth wages but £36 does'nt seem out of the way depending on fare on offer of course.

I've never bought this lower wages than in London stuff. There are more people on lower incomes in London than there are in Plymouth.

As a taxi driver now I will ask why is there such a strong taxi culture down here? People must have more money than their London counterparts to travel like this so often. I get customers from all walks of life but my son who still lives up there wouldn't dream of getting a taxi unless it was a special occasion because it would eat into his disposable income.

Your manor has the tube and plenty of buses, Plymouth doesn't, hence the need for taxis. Besides, is there any evidence of a "strong taxi culture" in Plymouth?
Most taxi drivers iv'e ever spoken to always moan it's hard to scratch a living out of it but pleased to hear you find the opposite LC.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Lundan Cabbie":h2bovkhz said:
pilgrimmike1":h2bovkhz said:
Lundan Cabbie":h2bovkhz said:
oddball":h2bovkhz said:
Lee ...£36 a head seems a bit steep to me(strictly limited to the more wealthier supporter it would seem)

You're having a laugh. £36 is extremly reasonable. I have paid as much as £85 for similar dinner and presentation evenings with Palace.

London prices don't go hand in hand with Plymouth wages but £36 does'nt seem out of the way depending on fare on offer of course.

I've never bought this lower wages than in London stuff. There are more people on lower incomes in London than there are in Plymouth.

As a taxi driver now I will ask why is there such a strong taxi culture down here? People must have more money than their London counterparts to travel like this so often. I get customers from all walks of life but my son who still lives up there wouldn't dream of getting a taxi unless it was a special occasion because it would eat into his disposable income.

You're not trying to wind up a few of the locals again are you LC? ;-)

L

lambanog

Any body prepared to tell me why Anyone should spend so much money on an awards night. Are any of the awardees worth half that. Spend good hard earned money to award garbage. No thanks. Sorry for being Frank open and honest this is just a sad pr money spinner.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
lambanog":1zzysydz said:
Any body prepared to tell me why Anyone should spend so much money on an awards night. Are any of the awardees worth half that. Spend good hard earned money to award garbage. No thanks. Sorry for being Frank open and honest this is just a sad pr money spinner.

...and how much money will be made after you take into account the hiring of the venue, costs of food, wages of catering staff and the entertainment is calculated?

Feb 15, 2005
Awards for what? A mid table side and we have improved this season but not worth an evening to celebrate. Hand them out at last home game FFS

B

Burdo

This might be cancelled due to a lack of interest. I'm sure that has been the case in previous seasons.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
buck197":3a3pgajf said:
Awards for what? A mid table side and we have improved this season but not worth an evening to celebrate. Hand them out at last home game FFS

If an award if worth giving then it is worth giving properly.

I'm sure there will be lots of other awards to be handed out too. Things like employee of the year and maybe a lifetime award, if given out on the pitch in an "oh by the way" manner, it gets lost.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This has now been cancelled, due to lack of interest I would have thought.

You see, some ex player steals the Pasoti trophy and it all goes to pot.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pilgrimmike1":1o73dbti said:
PL2 3DQ":1o73dbti said:
Lundan Cabbie":1o73dbti said:
pilgrimmike1":1o73dbti said:
Lundan Cabbie":1o73dbti said:
oddball":1o73dbti said:

Your manor has the tube and plenty of buses, Plymouth doesn't, hence the need for taxis. Besides, is there any evidence of a "strong taxi culture" in Plymouth?
Most taxi drivers iv'e ever spoken to always moan it's hard to scratch a living out of it but pleased to hear you find the opposite LC.

Mrs Pogle is a Tax Adviser and I can tell you that taxi drivers earn beggar all .. most of them make a loss over a year!! :shock: :whistle:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Burdo":31xir4qi said:
This might be cancelled due to a lack of interest. I'm sure that has been the case in previous seasons.
Psychic.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cornish Chris":2vr99wx4 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2vr99wx4 said:
oddball":2vr99wx4 said:

More fool you.

They were great nights. Wonderful food and live music that continued well into the night. Even worth the overnight stay on top of the ticket price. Shame we don't have them anymore. Last year and this it has been held in a theatre which is not so worth the travel for a two hour event.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
The last 3 seasons we have kept the price for Lostwithiel FC presentation night at £25 a ticket. includes 3 course meal and evenings entertainment (Johnny Cowling a couple of years ago was our most successful evening).

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Cornish Chris":148fm6x3 said:
Good old Johnny Cowling, is he still copying jokes off the internet and pretending he thought them up himself?

And singing Elvis songs.