Awards night (NOW CANCELLED) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Awards night (NOW CANCELLED)

Sep 20, 2003
PL2 3DQ":2kx5ppkq said:
Aside from cost I think the biggest issue is fans (and staff and players) having to make arrangements and a special trip to attend the event.
It needs to be when everyone is all together, like straight after the last home match of the season. Start at 6pm and finish by 8pm at a venue near Home Park. Nobody is then really inconvenienced.

Finish by 8?

That counts the Green Taverners organising it out then.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
This is not the first time that the end of the season awards evening has had to be cancelled. A while ago a similar event was cancelled at the holiday inn because of lack of support. FFS its a fans evening not a dicky bow evening.The club should take a look at how the GT's organise their fans fests and follow their act. But the club dont, as those in power,(THE DIRECTORS) dont seem to be in touch with the fan base.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":14sn0869 said:
This is not the first time that the end of the season awards evening has had to be cancelled. A while ago a similar event was cancelled at the holiday inn because of lack of support. FFS its a fans evening not a dicky bow evening.The club should take a look at how the GT's organise their fans fests and follow their act. But the club dont, as those in power,(THE DIRECTORS) dont seem to be in touch with the fan base.

You can be a strange bunch at times. Tonight sees award evenings for Palace, Liverpool, Birmingham City and even Brimsdown Rovers. Even as a kid playing Sunday footy, my club had an end of season awards night.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ian, but then we aren't all like you either.Its too expensive for your average fan it would seem else why would they cancel it.As for cabman he can obviously afford it fair enough,a lot cannot.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He used the word 'strange' Alan.

£35 for a 'do' like this was certainly not OTT.

In my opinion it was badly marketed, not though through and last minute, but expensive it aint.

However, I try to talk only about football these days.

:thumbs:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
If its not expensive then why didn't PASOTI buy a table or indeed the senior greens,or the green taverners,or the cornwall branch,or the plymouth branch,or the north devon greens or the london branch,or the argyle fans trust. I'd be interested to read the views of those supporters groups.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pasoti was about to, the GT's already had Alan. I can't talk on behalf of the others.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
IJN":1eyujiix said:

In my opinion it was badly marketed, not though through and last minute, but expensive it aint.

Agree with this, my wife's family host a charity night every year at the Duke of Cornwall and their tickets are normally £40 a head for the same meal etc.

The event should have been promoted earlier than it had been to have had a chance to sell all tickets.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Glynn":1dgstmqe said:
IJN":1dgstmqe said:

Agree with this, my wife's family host a charity night every year at the Duke of Cornwall and their tickets are normally £40 a head for the same meal etc.

The event should have been promoted earlier than it had been to have had a chance to sell all tickets.

Glynn
Lee Jameson's post on this is dated 16 April nearly three weeks before the actual date plus I suspect that various supporters groups who were to present prizes were aware of this event long before 16 April as well. So to say it should have been marketed earlier is a poor excuse.Pretty poor show from supporters groups all the same,that the event was cancelled due to lack of numbers.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
oddball":1m4hofg6 said:
Glynn":1m4hofg6 said:
IJN":1m4hofg6 said:

Glynn
Lee Jameson's post on this is dated 16 April nearly three weeks before the actual date plus I suspect that various supporters groups who were to present prizes were aware of this event long before 16 April as well. So to say it should have been marketed earlier is a poor excuse.Pretty poor show from supporters groups all the same,that the event was cancelled due to lack of numbers.

I know what you're saying Al but 3 weeks isn't much time for the amount of tickets available for the venue. For the charity ball we hold we have to sell tickets 2-3 months before in order to sell out and that's in the same venue.

If they were going to give 3 weeks notice it should have just been held in the GT's tent like last year.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":2a1w2rbd said:
Glynn":2a1w2rbd said:
IJN":2a1w2rbd said:

Glynn

It seems that it is not an established event. If a sponsor could be found for a few seasons to cover losses, then once established, fans will be used to having their night out at the end of each year.