Awards night (NOW CANCELLED) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Awards night (NOW CANCELLED)

Aug 7, 2013
I am absoloutley gutted. This is a shambles and a disgrace from the fans who can not be bothered. £36.00 per head is fine. Its a one night event to show support and congratulate the players and staff on their hard work this season. I live in Hull and cant make it down but i know i wouldnt have thought twice if i was living in Plymouth. SHOCKING!!!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A little bit dramatic. With transport and drinks(unless that's included) it's a £100 night out for a couple. It's not as if the team has set the world alight or done anything to warrant even mild adulation or got any big name players that anyone might want to hob nob around. Plenty of people have works presentation nights especially in a sales environment but I doubt if many outsiders would pay £36 a head to watch. This is league 2 we are talking about and a non eventful season at that.

Dec 3, 2005
jbeale1986":13mjc3vb said:
I am absoloutley gutted. This is a shambles and a disgrace from the fans who can not be bothered. £36.00 per head is fine. Its a one night event to show support and congratulate the players and staff on their hard work this season. I live in Hull and cant make it down but i know i wouldnt have thought twice if i was living in Plymouth. SHOCKING!!!

LOL :funny:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Confirmed as lack of ticket sales:

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/canc ... 18328.aspx

They also add:

Also, as part of the new fan-engagement practices announced recently, we will be consulting with supporters during the coming months on how best to ensure that an Awards Night/end-of-season party returns to the Argyle calendar next year.

Any suggestions? Personally I would prefer a less formal affair in the GT suite (or its replacement if development work will be in place).

B

Burdo

I mentioned nearly a couple of weeks ago that I thought this event may be cancelled.

Loyal fans have paid good money to watch very average football at HP this season.

Who in their right mind would pay 36 quid to attend this event and celebrate what ? If we had been promoted that would be a different story.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I'd go for a nice £10 evening in the GT Suite, with all the management and players there, then have a compere talk to Sheridan, the PotS and possibly others, and cook up some chilli or a curry for people to eat. A decent but cheap evening, nothing too formal and the place would be packed.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
soccerpilgrim":30b0veoo said:
I'd go for a nice £10 evening in the GT Suite, with all the management and players there, then have a compere talk to Sheridan, the PotS and possibly others, and cook up some chilli or a curry for people to eat. A decent but cheap evening, nothing too formal and the place would be packed.
I agree. They'd raise so so much more money out of a nice, chilled out evening like this (even for £15-£20) then they would for these over-formal dos which nobody can justify paying for.

Anyone would think we were in a massive cost of living crisis or something-£36 is no mean amount and it's hardly the shock of the century that not enough people can afford it. A decent, inexpensive evening and as you say it'd pack the place out. It'd certainly raise a lot more than the big fat zero that's been raised from this year's cancellation.

Dec 3, 2005
soccerpilgrim":1frnodua said:

Good idea - also could add it to the Season Ticket package :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Aside from cost I think the biggest issue is fans (and staff and players) having to make arrangements and a special trip to attend the event.
It needs to be when everyone is all together, like straight after the last home match of the season. Start at 6pm and finish by 8pm at a venue near Home Park. Nobody is then really inconvenienced.

Dec 3, 2005
At the end of the day - you wil NOT please everyone all the time, no matter where or when you have it.

Maybe it's also a sign of how many supporters actually live in Plymouth.

And the after match idea, maybe good for some, it will not please those who catch trains after the match or have to travel by car any distance.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":st58bkun said:
Aside from cost I think the biggest issue is fans (and staff and players) having to make arrangements and a special trip to attend the event.
It needs to be when everyone is all together, like straight after the last home match of the season. Start at 6pm and finish by 8pm at a venue near Home Park. Nobody is then really inconvenienced.

Do you attend football dressed the same as you do when going out to dinner, especially if it is held at one of the more upmarket hotels of Plymouth? I know I don't.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":2svom9p9 said:
PL2 3DQ":2svom9p9 said:

Do you attend football dressed the same as you do when going out to dinner, especially if it is held at one of the more upmarket hotels of Plymouth? I know I don't.

How does your club handle end of season award ceremonies?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
PL2 3DQ":4pd7qdbl said:
Lundan Cabbie":4pd7qdbl said:
PL2 3DQ":4pd7qdbl said:

I suspect it is bigger and better than Argyle could ever hope to imagine Ian. :D ;)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2tfffz20 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2tfffz20 said:
PL2 3DQ":2tfffz20 said:

Until two years ago a dinner, dance and award ceremony was held on the pitch in a massive Marquee that seated about 1,200 people and had a stage and dancefloor. The cost at the last one was £800 for a table of ten or £85 individually. It always sold out and was a great night. Even for poor seasons which most of them were. It was normally on a Saturday night but I always went even though it meant an overnight hotel on top of the ticket price.

The awards did sometimes drag on a bit I'll admit because even academy kids got their moment in the spotlight as well as staff awards for those behind the scenes.

Last season the pitch was replaced and therefore they had to move to a new location and it went to the local theatre but just simply the awards only. No meal, no live band, no dancing and no Lundan Cabbie. It was a long way to go for a two hour event.

This season the pitch is once again being dug up because we have to have undersoil heating for next season now that we have confirmed our Premier League status so it is back once again to the Fairfield Halls. Whether the pitch marquee will return in future, I don't know but I sure do hope so.