Barring an 8 goal spread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barring an 8 goal spread

A

Alderney Green

If any Argyle fan is worried in the slightest you can back Luton at 66/1 to make the top 7.

At least you would get something out of it if it happened.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
If you are an Argyle fan .. you can back Luton? Really??!! :shock:
dam that echo . o . o . o . o . o . o . co . co . co

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Andrew Owen":2cpejslo said:
Don't worry, you're not.

That Hartlepool game has been brought up about seventeen times this week, but it's not relevant. Hartlepool were conceding goals at an alarming rate (they lost 7-0 to Rotherham only a few weeks previously), they were already relegated and had essentially given up. Argyle were scoring goals for fun all season. That result wasn't actually much of a shock.

There is absolutely no similarity between that situation and this. There is nothing to suggest that Luton will go goal crazy, or that Stevenage will lie down and give a local rival an easy game. Shrewsbury don't need to win big, they just need to win.

...nothing, other than the fact that if they want that 7th spot, they need to score a lot of goals. They won't get there without trying.

Squeaky bum time.......

O

ogwellmike

Pogleswoody wrote:

It's not all that difficult to understand. Just read my post and engage all of your brain cells.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
The Shrews could go goal crazy and hit 5 and Luton could hit 3 quite easily.....

Feb 25, 2008
The good thing is that the margin of victory tomorrow is irrelevant to Shrewsbury.

If they win and Burton lose, they are champions by 1 point.

If they win and Burton draw, it's goal difference but Shrewsbury's GD is already massively superior to Burton's.

So if Shrewsbury get up 1-0 what incentive do they have to keep committing players forward and gambling with 2 points for the title race? With our defensive record and them playing safe we should have little to fear at that point.

I predict 1-0 Shrewsbury, and Luton v Stevenage to be won by the odd goal either way or draw.

So no danger!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
A couple of 1-0 scorelines would be a bit boring. Let's have Luton 4-0 up at half time with Shrewsbury having a two goal lead. Late into the second half, news comes through that Luton have hit six but Argyle get a penalty in the last minute. In the absence of Reuben Reid, Alessandra steps up to the spot...... and puts it over the bar. Full time it's 2-0 and the GA have ears glued to radios to hear a Luton defender putting through his own goal in the sixth minute of injury time to send Argyle into the play-offs. I will enjoy listening to a scenario like that whilst working tomorrow. :greensmile:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
smithy1902":2ks6jyr9 said:
So if Shrewsbury get up 1-0 what incentive do they have to keep committing players forward and gambling with 2 points for the title race? With our defensive record and them playing safe we should have little to fear at that point.
So no danger!

So they'll go one up and then it's Austria vs West Germany for the remainder?

And either of the two old men playing boxing in Vegas tonight will go a couple points up and then dash around avoiding contact for the remainder, to gleefully raise aims aloft at the end? Glad I'm not paying a hundred bucks pay per view for that farce.

Oct 24, 2010
I don't think we can take anything for granted. A big crowd, the final game of the season and the championship to play for they will be giving it evrtything for ninety minutes, we need a good performance and the players staying focussed and giving 100%. We are not there yet