Best Argyle player in the last 10 years? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best Argyle player in the last 10 years?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
samjones":j3jmmdem said:
Akos by a country mile. pure class.
Scott Sinclair's brief spell was amazing and changed the team dynamics but I don't count him as a full argyle player

I agree that Scott Sinclair was the best player for Argyle over recent years. His effectiveness of the period of the loan was fantastic. Akos was brilliant too but his actual effectiveness per game played did not match Sinclair's.

I don't think we saw enough of Mpenza for him to top the pile. I recall him being brilliant in a match at home to Cardiff but that was a rare flash. Sinclair didn't play that many more games but scored two exceptional goals. Well, one, but he did the same thing twice away at Barnet and home to Palace. Gallagher kept us up with his goals one season but I'd say Halmosi or Akos for me. If Jason Puncheon had towed the line and made more than 6 appearances, maybe we'd be talking about him too?

M

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I never got the Akos love in. He was OK but vastly overrated in my book.

Elliot Ward and Paul Gallagher for me, but as loanees I suppose that's not right really.

David Norris and Lillian Nallis then, not bad where they?

Mind you, I think we could have a couple in this team we have now, but only time will tell.

A pal said to me on yesterday, that this team is the most entertaining since Shilton's, he could well be right.

I certainly love watching them, even if it was only for 45 minutes last night! :doh: Saying that, I saw the right 45 minutes. :lol:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
beregreen":1sksbw8r said:
Emile Empenza for me . Didn't see enough of him granted but the best player I've seen in an argyle shirt.
Halmosi second .

His cameo late goal against Charlton was special to snatch an unlikely draw.

From the bench, first or second touch and GOAL in the last few minutes!!

Nov 18, 2011
Tugboat":2zig4aks said:
beregreen":2zig4aks said:
Emile Empenza for me . Didn't see enough of him granted but the best player I've seen in an argyle shirt.
Halmosi second .

His cameo late goal against Charlton was special to snatch an unlikely draw.

From the bench, first or second touch and GOAL in the last few minutes!!

I still remember being in the Devonport and it nearly exploding when Mpenza smacked that volley in.
Made all the sweeter as I knew a couple of Charlton fans in the away end who had been texting me greif in the lead up to that equaliser!