Best Away Days | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best Away Days

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
IJN":37tbocd6 said:
Great day I won £500 from a group of Reading fans.

I can still remember Rufus crossing it sublimely for the Ginger Ninja to score with seconds to go.
I remember that...

They battered us from start to finish

Then we got a deflected goal to win.. :scarf: Perfect

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
My best are

Wembley, I will never forget that one

Darlington to clinch promotion

Reading

& Finally Bristol Rovers season before last 2 nill down at Half time & came back to win 3-2.

It was Aarons 1st proper away game (I don’t include Torqueers & Excretia as away games) We were in the Rovers stand with Aarons Granddad he was wearing his Argyle top the whole time whilst I was trying to be as subdued as possible but when the 3rd went in both me & Aaron went wild. On the way out people were patting us on the back saying well done.

Jul 24, 2009
Realistically it has to be Wembley but the Sheffield Wednesday win from the promotion season and 3.0 at Forest the following year, which have both been mentioned, were great. As was Chadwick's late late winner at Reading

I did enjoy the 3.2 at Swindon when Marino Keith grabbed the winner in the last minute - '2.0 and you f****ed it up turned to 2.2 and you f***ed it up'

And whilst I am no longer bitter the 1.0 win over Holloway's Leicester a couple of months after he'd walked was pretty sweet!

C

Cobi Budge.

Can't believe I missed out the 3 2 win at Rovers (under Fletcher), singing Ashley Hemmings name all the way home. That was when Chadders & Feeney formed a really decent partnership.

I never gave Fletcher much credit but whatever he said at half time that day was worthy of a champions league final team talk.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Another of my memorable away days was the 3-0 defeat at Birmingham.

We worked out that the bench at St Andrews that day, contained players that cost more than all the Argyle player EVER bought by PAFC.

We were outplayed, outpace and frankly mullered BUT the large (2,000 I'd guess) Green Army sang for about an hour, not that we celebrating how crap we were (far from it) just that we knew we were beaten by a soon to be Premier side with loads of (dodgy) money.

C

Cobi Budge.

I remember that one Ian, one of the games in which I came back on the team coach with the players, some glum faces on that bus. We were outplayed in every way.

Second time I went to Birmingham was for the 1 1 draw, in which Barnes (I think) scored a late winner for us to make it 2 1 but it was wrongly disallowed for offside, still bitter about that :lol: Many fans didn't make it that day due to motorway problems.