Best Opposition Players You Ever Saw at Argyle? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best Opposition Players You Ever Saw at Argyle?

C

Cobi Budge.

Andy Carroll (Newcastle)
Adam Lallana (Southampton)
Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea)
Ben Foster (Watford)

At this level:

Lucas Akins (Burton)
Dean Cox (Orient)

Aug 15, 2008
Oh Botafogo the brazilian side - cant name any of them but watching their warm up I was like ... " we are doomed" and we lost 3-0...

S

Sam Phillips

Victor Moses had a great game for Crystal Palace at home park in our last season in the championship if I remember rightly?! in my early days it was always Kevin Francis.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
there have been many in all my years but barry hayles when he was at bristol rovers "murdered" us.also,years ago duncan shearer for swindon.he scored a hat trick against us at home park and,if my memory serves me correctly,against an abysmal ken brown argyle "team".he was voted man of the match by our sponsors.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
justanotherfan":3mr3756b said:
Pele and the rest of Santos
George Best, Bobby Moore, Gazza.

Is that the Fulham 4-0 game? Bobby Moore was well past his sell-by date in that game though.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Gascoigne and also Chris Waddle (Wednesday) who did a great 'showboat' display in a pre season friendly. Looked slow but could we get the ball off him? (No we couldn't!! :nworthy: ) :lol:

Remember Kevin Phillips looking a much better all round player than I thought/expected.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Speedie for Blackburn - sad day.

Hoddle for Swindon - 3 pitch length passes 3 goals (I think?)

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Whilst on the subject of misery......

John Barnes (in conjunction with George Reilly)

Apr 4, 2015
in div 2 it is windass, overall Gazza. Too young to have seen pele unfortunately. I didnt realise best or moore played down here but that would have been something else as well. Does anyone have any idea who is the most expensive player ever to have appeared at HP, dont mean to go off topic im just intrigued.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
freddie2greens":1qp1cv29 said:
in div 2 it is windass, overall Gazza. Too young to have seen pele unfortunately. I didnt realise best or moore played down here but that would have been something else as well. Does anyone have any idea who is the most expensive player ever to have appeared at HP, dont mean to go off topic im just intrigued.
george best didn't play down 'ere for fulham.he only played home matches and didn't have to train.bobby moore was subbed at half time when the score was 'gyles 4 fulham 0.

C

CADMAN

Stuart McCall.Also scored the best goal I have ever seen that day.