Big green lottery (merged x 3) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big green lottery (merged x 3)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Old Gunner":3ur51zku said:
Just been 'telemarketed' by a firm working with the Big Green Lottery. I'm always reluctant to give out financial details over the phone---can someone just confirm that the BGL are using a telemarketing firm to drum up numbers. I want to support this but will probably do it online.

I have checked with the BGL team and they have confirmed that, working with their lottery provider, PAFC is using 'telemarketing' to try to encourage more supporters to join the BGL. I am advised that, to date, this initiative, along with the email campaign to all members, has been very successful. They are aware that other clubs, including Burnley and Portsmouth, have been very successful with this initiative.

I would suggest that, if anyone is concerned about providing personal information over the phone, they should email the BGL team direct (bgl@pafc.co.uk).

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The BGL rollover draw did not produce a £400 winner in week 5. The maximum rollover amount is £500 so, if there is no winner after 10 numbers are drawn in week 6 (this week), the procedure will continue until a winning series of numbers is identified. There should also be a draw for the £500 monthly prize. So 2 chances of winning £500 this month. See announcement on Academy website.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Patrik":2bs85f7u said:
Can anyone from the lottery confirm if it's anyone associated with you or the club that have been cold calling people asking them to sign up to the lottery to help the academy.?
They have called a number of people asking for direct debit details.
See page 7 of this thread.
I have checked with the BGL team and they have confirmed that, working with their lottery provider, PAFC is using 'telemarketing' to try to encourage more supporters to join the BGL. I am advised that, to date, this initiative, along with the email campaign to all members, has been very successful. They are aware that other clubs, including Burnley and Portsmouth, have been very successful with this initiative.
I would suggest that, if anyone is concerned about providing personal information over the phone, they should email the BGL team direct (bgl@pafc.co.uk).
I hope that this helps you and any others who are concerned. Certainly, if you are concerned about giving bank details over the phone you should email the BGL team.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The 2nd weekly rollover winner, after 5 rollover weeks, is Mr MacDougall from Yelverton who wins £500.

The monthly £500 winner for July should be announced soon.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mr James from Chudleigh has won £500 in the July monthly draw.

There is no winner in the week 7 rollover draw so the prize will be £200 if there is a winner in week 8.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stew the Noo wins AGAIN!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
IJN":30bdlngm said:
Stew the Noo wins AGAIN!!! :facepalm:

As you well know, Ian, you've got to be in it to win it. When I opened the hand written envelope (usually correspondence from Argyle), I said to my wife, "It looks like I've won another £10 from Argyle". Imagine my surprise when I saw that the amount was for £500 :greensmile: Quick as a flash, Mrs Mac said, "So that's you paying for a holiday for us, then" :funny: I don't even think the ink was dry on the cheque.

PS, I took the liberty of removing a couple of your facepalm emojis, Ian. This :thumbs: would have been more complimentary.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Good to see that a Pasoti-ite has won a £500 prize. Congratulations, 'stewthenoo'!!!
No more £10 prizes with the new rollover.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
stewthenoo":2ubmmm2n said:
IJN":2ubmmm2n said:
Stew the Noo wins AGAIN!!!

As you well know, Ian, you've got to be in it to win it. When I opened the hand written envelope (usually correspondence from Argyle), I said to my wife, "It looks like I've won another £10 from Argyle". Imagine my surprise when I saw that the amount was for £500 :greensmile: Quick as a flash, Mrs Mac said, "So that's you paying for a holiday for us, then" :funny: I don't even think the ink was dry on the cheque.

PS, I took the liberty of removing a couple of your facepalm emojis, Ian. This :thumbs: would have been more complimentary.

Or this! :clap:

Aug 9, 2014
Hi all. Save me a call to Argyle but I've had missed calls on the mobile all week from 01752 943109 and just had a call on the landline showing as 'International Calls' from a lad claiming to be from Argyle. I asked why he was showing as International and said there was a problem with the lines. His first question was to ask how long I supported the club and when I asked if he had my season ticket number he said he didn't and that the person who had those details have gone home. He did quote my date of birth though. When asked what he was calling for he said it was to ask how I thought Argyle were doing and something else which I didnt quite hear. I weren't happy to carry on and although he offered me the chance to call him on the 01752 number I decided against it. Is this a genuine Argyle thing. Apologies if this has already been posted.

Aug 9, 2014
Cheers mate. Just found a previous thread now. He never mentioned lottery this time. Same thing though by the looks of it, lad sounded like a Brummie, sounded like he knew little about the club, and probably not calling from the city. Bit of a cheek really. Never mind but bit miffed Argyle have shared my date of birth, mobile and home numbers.