Blanchard has apologised... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blanchard has apologised...

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Blanchard is poor. Even at this level. As had been said brings nothing to the team. Especially out of position.

C

Cobi Budge.

He's no world beater but hes a much more consistent, solid & clever defender than Trotman.

Feb 21, 2011
Cobi Budge.":1yfl8t2m said:
He's no world beater but hes a much more consistent, solid & clever defender than Trotman.
Neither is a world beater, Trotman wins more headers than Blanchard, Blanchard tackles better both are functional in league two but I doubt many clubs are looking at them with envy, Nelson on the other hand is probably on a few clubs shopping lists.

May 1, 2011
Sheridan is right on this one, it was pathetic by Blanchard.

Second point is I don't think I have ever seen him complete a pass to a green shirt anyway!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Bottom line is that an Oxford player went past him twice with relative ease and twice he fouled them and picked up a yellow cards and hence the red. He never even needed to foul Kitson as Trotman was behind him.

As was the case for the first yellow card, he tends to get himself squared up when players run at him which is a cardinal sin for a defender, your body should be on the angle to show a forward away from goal. That is why it is important to play people on their stronger side.

He is frequently beaten in one on one situations and is a bit of a liability. His distribution is absolutely shocking, I really cannot think of an Argyle player who has been more prone to giving the ball away, often quite needlessly.

It's probably unfair on him, but because of where he is from you expect him to be more technically competent and more intelligent than other run of the mill Division 4 players but once again, he has shown that is not the case.

Against those negatives, he is a great trier and has always struck me as being quite a nice guy.

I think he would do well for Torquay the Conference next year.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
BadBoy":24a9d3if said:
Cobi Budge.":24a9d3if said:
Neither is a world beater, Trotman wins more headers than Blanchard, Blanchard tackles better both are functional in league two but I doubt many clubs are looking at them with envy, Nelson on the other hand is probably on a few clubs shopping lists.

Blanchard also got sent off in the critical last day game at Rochdale which could have been disastrous for us.

Ten times better than Trotman in defence......now come on Cobi. I know you like to post a lot and some are a bit knee jerk but really...

Mar 21, 2008
You'd have to say after Sheridans comments that he isn't overly enamoured with Blanchard right now, and frankly I never have been, I cringe every time the ball goes anywhere near him, with only 3 games left to play after his ban and the possibility that Sheridan may not put him back in again Blanchards chances of getting a new contract when it expires in the summer do not luck good, along with quite a few other players expiring this summer I might add.

It'll be actually quite refreshing to see a good clearout of the decks of many useless players that we've managed to accrue, as for Blanchard, his best bet may well be a move to Torquay.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
You wouldn't think this was the same player who was voted by near enough everyone for player of the year 2 years ago...personally I don't mind Blanchard, his distribution might be poo but its League 2, there isn't going to be a complete center back, there probably is better out there but probably worst as well.

I think as a centre-back in a 4-4-2 he's more than capable. Blanchard and Nelson would be a good partnership. He is not a right centre-back in a 3-5-2 - he's just too slow and clumsy.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'd keep him: don't think it's as clear-cut as some are making it out to be.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Steve.PAFC2012":fl7cr08z said:
You wouldn't think this was the same player who was voted by near enough everyone for player of the year 2 years ago...personally I don't mind Blanchard, his distribution might be poo but its League 2, there isn't going to be a complete center back, there probably is better out there but probably worst as well.

That award was based on his CB performances, where he is safer, provided the defence do not play a high line. At the moment, I cannot see him breaking up the Nelson/Trotman partnership. He does provide more height in defence, and he gets well off the ground, but I must admit, Berry does provide a better attacking focus to the team.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Quintrell_Green":1najs4mb said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1najs4mb said:

That award was based on his CB performances, where he is safer, provided the defence do not play a high line. At the moment, I cannot see him breaking up the Nelson/Trotman partnership. He does provide more height in defence, and he gets well off the ground, but I must admit, Berry does provide a better attacking focus to the team.

I can't either. But why? Trotman's had so many poor games and he makes stupid mistakes far too frequently. I'd play 4 at the back; Berry, Blanchard, Nelson and Purrington, then renew Blanchard's and Nelson's contracts and look at good quality full-backs, one of whom might be Matt Parsons.

C

Cobi Budge.

The Trotman - Nelson parnership isn't that good, the reason being Nelson is often having to do all the work himself, and bycause he's such a good player, he lets Trotman off the hook.

As I've said, without Trotmans unforced errors this season we'd probably be in the play offs.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Without Trotman's goal and quite frankly heroic display at Mansfield (he was head and shoulders the best player on the park that day), the manager could well have lost his job.

Its hard to lose faith in someone who you know saved your job.

Nov 16, 2006
Cobi Budge.":wto3k7q3 said:
The Trotman - Nelson parnership isn't that good, the reason being Nelson is often having to do all the work himself, and bycause he's such a good player, he lets Trotman off the hook.

As I've said, without Trotmans unforced errors this season we'd probably be in the play offs.

You may have mentioned it, yes :whistle: