Bray Update? - 6 Months Out confirmed. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bray Update? - 6 Months Out confirmed.

Apr 28, 2013
I hope it's not too bad, I really want to see him play for us and think he could be a real asset! He's a premier league youngster after all..

G

Green_since_73

Physio advised him to go off on the first occasion - told Physio he was okay.

He's gone back to Swansea ( for the weekend ) and will go to the hospital on Monday.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Paven":1l60mgcx said:
Would hazard a guess that it's a pulled something more than anything else, if it was cruciates or a break then he wouldn't have been able to walk. We'll see soon I guess. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Don't be so sure. I once broke my left knee-cap - a clean break horizontally across the bone - whilst joining in with my daughter's football training ~10 years ago (I fell over and the gym floor tackled my knee) and I managed to walk to my car and drive home. Every time I went to put my foot on the clutch pedal I had to steel myself for the intense jab of pain that I knew was ahead.

Jun 8, 2014
The Doctor":acesrmt9 said:
Paven":acesrmt9 said:
Would hazard a guess that it's a pulled something more than anything else, if it was cruciates or a break then he wouldn't have been able to walk. We'll see soon I guess. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Don't be so sure. I once broke my left knee-cap - a clean break horizontally across the bone - whilst joining in with my daughter's football training ~10 years ago (I fell over and the gym floor tackled my knee) and I managed to walk to my car and drive home. Every time I went to put my foot on the clutch pedal I had to steel myself for the intense jab of pain that I knew was ahead.

There is a chance it could be something like that I guess, I don't quite understand the medics of it but I'm sure he'll have a scan and we'll get the green light. Hoping.

Out of interest, how long were you out for? Sounds quite nasty.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I don't think we saw enough from Bray to really know either way whether he'll be a good signing for us or not.

Let's just hope it isn't too serious and we get to see him back shortly.

C

Cobi Budge.

A weird cameo.

He was lively and skilful but at the same time flustered, overwhelmed & as has been said, tried too hard to impress.

Thought Smalley did well when on, intelligent player strong in the air.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Should have gone off after the first incident.

How a young inexperienced lad can tell an experienced physio that he's ok to play on after an awkward knee twist is beyond me.

Decision should have been taken out of his hands by the information given and witnessing his reaction after the first fall.

Can't see Swansea being too happy.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Paven":3flstb4y said:
The Doctor":3flstb4y said:
Paven":3flstb4y said:

There is a chance it could be something like that I guess, I don't quite understand the medics of it but I'm sure he'll have a scan and we'll get the green light. Hoping.

Out of interest, how long were you out for? Sounds quite nasty.

From memory I had a full length leg plaster for 8 weeks (which didn't stop me going to see Argyle lose 4-0 at Oldham in our last promotion season) and then I was in a brace which restricted the amount my knee could bend for some weeks (with the amount of bend being gradually increased). Then I had just crutches for a bit. I had some physio at the hospital but they chucked me out as quickly as they could and I can't say that I was at all impressed with that part. I think it was several months rehab in total. I can still generate a pretty intense pain in my knee if I bend it when loaded to a certain position and it grinds every step I take (loud enough for me to hear it if I am listening carefully), It doesn't stop me running now though at all (zero running induced pain).

My injury was an impact injury - I landed knee-first (directly on my knee-cap) on a hard gym floor with my full body weight on the knee-cap. I had managed somehow to trip myself up trying to roll the ball back with one foot. It was a really freak accident.

I very much doubt that Alex Bray's injury (if he has one) will be broken bone. It'll be something to do with a ligament somewhere in the joint I reckon. But hopefully not.

Feb 24, 2008
Broke my tib and fib, as a kid but could still move my toes as apparently I shouldn't have been able to. Mind you looking back on it i could feel the bones rubbing against each other.

Aug 15, 2008
I think it's a bad injury he has definitely done some ligament damage it's just what grade it is.

The exuberance of youth got him off the deck the first time when he should have left the pitch.

I hope I'm wrong and it's soft tissue or something minor.