Brent talks to the BBC | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent talks to the BBC

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Ade the green":1zvtwgcg said:
X Isle":1zvtwgcg said:
Ade the green":1zvtwgcg said:
Greenford":1zvtwgcg said:
With the talk about the apparent low budget and the failed grandstand attempts and his own failed business plans just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the chairman.
Just interested I havent been a poster for long but have been reading this site for years and it seems that James Brent divides opinion and seems to be a lot that dont want him here maybe just me. Just want to know is there any on here that wants James Brent out of the club as chairman and there reasons why they want him out of the club? Im not a James Brent hater at all just been intrigued to know the reasons why some dont like what he is doing?

Opinions of JB are less divided than you'd like obviously.

On here maybe. There is a wide divide of opinion on the subject, flip side views can be found elsewhere however.

I'm sort of with Spo's assessment albeit slightly more on the favourable side. JB's tenure was and remains essential to the very existence of Argyle, time will not change my gratitude for him stepping in, and avoiding oblivion or the clusterf**k that would've existed if AFC Heaney/Ridsdale had gone through. The short term memory of others is for others to justify, not me.

Also you say 'unambitious' about the grandstand, I say sufficient for the apathetic fan base.

Other than that the summary is the same, his tenure is necessary. Unspectacular but wholly necessary.

Probably correct X but as I have no idea about any other sites views on JB I'll abstain from voicing that the poster I quoted might be better off elsewhere. :whistle:

Oh dear. Pitch fork at the ready? "We don't like your type round 'ere". All views welcome, as long as they fit in line with my beliefs. :roll:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Has Greenford even offered an opinion of which anybody could disagree with? As I see it he's prodded for a response and then sat back and watched. Not a case of "we don't want your views round 'ere" more "we want to hear your views, stop stirring...round 'ere" :thumbs:

Jul 29, 2010
Ollieargyle9":i3ib7s04 said:
Has Greenford even offered an opinion of which anybody could disagree with? As I see it he's prodded for a response and then sat back and watched. Not a case of "we don't want your views round 'ere" more "we want to hear your views, stop stirring...round 'ere" :thumbs:

Which is pretty much the same thing is it not... 50 shades of 'get orf my laand'.

Let him prod away if he likes, it's easy enough to filter in or out if folk want to.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
spowell92":3717j3tb said:
Ade the green":3717j3tb said:
X Isle":3717j3tb said:
Ade the green":3717j3tb said:
Greenford":3717j3tb said:
With the talk about the apparent low budget and the failed grandstand attempts and his own failed business plans just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the chairman.
Just interested I havent been a poster for long but have been reading this site for years and it seems that James Brent divides opinion and seems to be a lot that dont want him here maybe just me. Just want to know is there any on here that wants James Brent out of the club as chairman and there reasons why they want him out of the club? Im not a James Brent hater at all just been intrigued to know the reasons why some dont like what he is doing?

Opinions of JB are less divided than you'd like obviously.

On here maybe. There is a wide divide of opinion on the subject, flip side views can be found elsewhere however.

I'm sort of with Spo's assessment albeit slightly more on the favourable side. JB's tenure was and remains essential to the very existence of Argyle, time will not change my gratitude for him stepping in, and avoiding oblivion or the clusterf**k that would've existed if AFC Heaney/Ridsdale had gone through. The short term memory of others is for others to justify, not me.

Also you say 'unambitious' about the grandstand, I say sufficient for the apathetic fan base.

Other than that the summary is the same, his tenure is necessary. Unspectacular but wholly necessary.

Probably correct X but as I have no idea about any other sites views on JB I'll abstain from voicing that the poster I quoted might be better off elsewhere. :whistle:

Oh dear. Pitch fork at the ready? "We don't like your type round 'ere". All views welcome, as long as they fit in line with my beliefs. :roll:

Depends how his post is read apparently but to me it's just stirring for stirring's sake. I've not said for him to leave have I? I've implied he might find more confederates elsewhere, like Exweb for example.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
just_ste":295q43wa said:
Wouldnt be a club if it wasnt for him

True, and thanks to him there will be a club post-Brent (he won't be chairman forever afterall, he state that himself). But it's a fair question to ask how far we can go under his command. Promotion from League Two certainly seems possible, our relative size in the division will allow our sustainable methods to be competitive - even without the grandstand development I believe. However League One will be a far more difficult venture and I don't have the confidence that Brent has either the ambition or ability to lead us beyond.

J

just_ste

spowell92":24rbtdg5 said:
just_ste":24rbtdg5 said:

True, and thanks to him there will be a club post-Brent (he won't be chairman forever afterall, he state that himself). But it's a fair question to ask how far we can go under his command. Promotion from League Two certainly seems possible, our relative size in the division will allow our sustainable methods to be competitive - even without the grandstand development I believe. However League One will be a far more difficult venture and I don't have the confidence that Brent has either the ambition or ability to lead us beyond.

Im not sure really,I hear what your saying but was Stapleton any richer then Brent?
Who knows he may get some more finacial backing from somewhere when we go up,sometimes lots of money isnt needed,a manager who uses it wisely can be more important and fingers crossed that man is Adams :)

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
just_ste":3fiscs2c said:
spowell92":3fiscs2c said:
just_ste":3fiscs2c said:

Im not sure really,I hear what your saying but was Stapleton any richer then Brent?
Who knows he may get some more finacial backing from somewhere when we go up,sometimes lots of money isnt needed,a manager who uses it wisely can be more important and fingers crossed that man is Adams :)

We had several directors on Stapleton's board though didn't we? Whereas, I think, at current its Brent with a 95% stake in the club and Tony Wrathall with the remaining 5%. The other current "directors" don't actually have any investment within the club, only supposedly offering expertise. Brent's sustainable tag is sensible and it could work, but League One competitiveness would largely depend upon a Grandstand development being complete - he's absolutely right that conferencing and other seven day a week facilities are required. Sure we don't need loads of money to be competitive, but it usually helps rather than hinder.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think you you'll find that's not strictly true Sam. Haven't a couple of the others put up some money albeit small amounts? I agree as we are we can get out of this division, no doubt about when you consider the largely small fry with half our gates or less but I think any sort of challenge in League 1 would be much more difficult than 12 years ago.