Brent talks to the BBC | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent talks to the BBC

Womble":2gve2yue said:
IJN":2gve2yue said:
I note Tin Tin used the word 'amazing' and Womble used the same word just after.

Other than that, no one said anything was 'amazing'.

It's amazing how many times this happens on the Internet.

I am truly amazed!

I have edited my post accordingly O Wise One

I have NOT - just to be DIFFERENT and AWKWARD O xxxxxxxx One !!!!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Oct 5, 2013
Personally I like James Brent's approach in general.
Looking at the future, I don't see that criticising what he does or doesn't do is going to get anywhere, simply because it's his football club to run as he wishes. If we don't like it, the only thing we can do is not go to matches to make our point (the same as if we didn't like what a manager was coming up with).
For me, pointing out inadequacies in a manager is a different matter, because we might as dissatisfied fans actually be able to influence the chairman's decision-making there (and I believe this is what did occur over the course of last season, leading to JS's eventual leaving).

Jan 27, 2012
Brent is a great talker, but this is Argyle's longest ever spell in the bottom division of the league and the attendances have been some of the lowest I can remember.

Its not been that great with him in charge, has it?

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":8fagi6je said:
Brent is a great talker, but this is Argyle's longest ever spell in the bottom division of the league and the attendances have been some of the lowest I can remember.

No but we had no alternative. Brent or possible extinction. I choose the former.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
gaspargomez":1j47auad said:

You have an extremely short memory. For me he is one of the greatest owners in our history. Without him we would have no club.it really is that simple.

It's a long way back from where we were and we ate now breaking even which is nothing short of miraculous.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
monkeywrench":1sya8pl1 said:
gaspargomez":1sya8pl1 said:

You have an extremely short memory. For me he is one of the greatest owners in our history. Without him we would have no club.it really is that simple.

It's a long way back from where we were and we ate now breaking even which is nothing short of miraculous.
Quite right. I cannot recall an owner/chairman who inherited the reins with the club at such a low ebb. As the Australians put it, we were lower than a snake's belly in a wheel rut".

Jun 18, 2015
With the talk about the apparent low budget and the failed grandstand attempts and his own failed business plans just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the chairman.
Just interested I havent been a poster for long but have been reading this site for years and it seems that James Brent divides opinion and seems to be a lot that dont want him here. Just want to know is there any on here that wants James Brent out of the club as chairman and there reasons why they want him out of the club? Im not a James Brent hater at all just been intrigued to know the reasons why some dont like what he is doing?

stewthenoo

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
TinTin":2mia1k95 said:
After reading these 3 pages, thank God for "The amazing Brit" !! :cool:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Here's to the Bay Window Boys. When are you back, Paul?