Brief synopsis (Col Utd) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis (Col Utd)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Welwyn Pilgrim":2a0fopc7 said:
Ha ha UTL I'm on your train ..5:30 from Colchester ..

Exactly. A sober train. In previous promotion seasons there'd have been uproar. Today I'm talking about what shade of magnolia we're going for when we decorate. That's Adams' glorious Argyle

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Promoted with 3 games to go and now in with a shot at the title, not enough for some people though, no idea what they expect.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge":2ois1ur4 said:
Promoted with 3 games to go and now in with a shot at the title, not enough for some people though, no idea what they expect.

Put it this way. This afternoon's 'entertainment' has put new off bothering with the crewe game. Joyless. Atmosphere was almost funereal which normally wouldn't be the case for a promoted side. Ask yourself why?

Mar 14, 2009
We surely have to take into account two things.

1. Colchester have a fabulous home record

2. The players only went back into training on Thursday.

I've been critical of the way they play. Yet against the 3 best home teams we have picked up 5 points from 9 and are still the only side to beat Doncaster on their own patch.

So overall you really you have to be happy with the result, if not the performance.

Feb 2, 2007
up_the_line":avczj3ej said:
Cobi Budge":avczj3ej said:

Put it this way. This afternoon's 'entertainment' has put new off bothering with the crewe game. Joyless. Atmosphere was almost funereal which normally wouldn't be the case for a promoted side. Ask yourself why?

Another sign of today's "instant gratification" society!

Joyless?- Newport at home, Exeter both games, Liverpool games, Stevenage home, Donny both games, Yeovil home, Blackpool away, Newport away league, Wycombe home, Carlisle home, Pompey, and that's off the top of my head.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Metal_Green_Mickey":6ets5r3m said:

I've been critical of the way they play. Yet against the 3 best home teams we have picked up 5 points from 9 and are still the only side to beat Doncaster on their own patch.

So overall you really you have to be happy with the result, if not the performance.

Agree with your sentiment but Blackpool won at the Keepmoat last weekend too.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
nick_PASTIE":2jdf2mhz said:
up_the_line":2jdf2mhz said:
Cobi Budge":2jdf2mhz said:

Joyless?- Newport at home, Exeter both games, Liverpool games, Stevenage home, Donny both games, Yeovil home, Blackpool away, Newport away league, Wycombe home, Carlisle home, Pompey, and that's off the top of my head.

Newport and Exeter. The rest were as dull as today and frankly Liverpool were there for the taking as wolves showed but we were just delighted to have a home park full of people who will never go again... If that's a precious moment for you fair enough. Personally I remember moments from the Shilton and Holloway seasons right now when Argyle came onto the pitch with the sole intent to score more than the opposition, and I've have already forgotten this afternoon. In fact I wish I'd stayed in London for the afternoon and before you snipe my voice is hoarse from trying to encourage the team, moreso than the vast majority of the away end today, but I don't blane them for their lack of noise

Aug 15, 2008
Janner apathy. We cannot win 6-1 every week!!!

Remember where we have come from in recent times.

Remember we nearly got deleted from the League roster and relegated.

Remember Gardener et al trying to force us bankrupt.

Remember HMRC wanted to do us in and set an example.

Remember Ridsdale, Heaney and Guilfoyle trying to milk PAFC when we were vulnerable.

Remember the fans rallied! We would not lay down and die.

Remember how many people suffered and lost money and were not paid.

I could go on - my point is that this season will draw a line under all the above. We have survived, rebuilt and progressed. Its time to write better chapters in the Argyle history book.

The past is now the past. It cannot be used as mitigation after this season. Onwards and upwards and lets get that title that I believe we deserve!!!!

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":3r8tijit said:
nick_PASTIE":3r8tijit said:
up_the_line":3r8tijit said:
Cobi Budge":3r8tijit said:

Newport and Exeter. The rest were as dull as today and frankly Liverpool were there for the taking as wolves showed but we were just delighted to have a home park full of people who will never go again... If that's a precious moment for you fair enough. Personally I remember moments from the Shilton and Holloway seasons right now when Argyle came onto the pitch with the sole intent to score more than the opposition, and I've have already forgotten this afternoon. In fact I wish I'd stayed in London for the afternoon

But you made the effort to go, so good for you I say. Already promoted, been crap most the season, 6-1 win last week to seal it, but you still went. Lots of lesser people able to go, knowing how pants we are, would have not bothered, they'd just have been glad to have acheived the seasons main aim.

up_the_line":12m4iz6k said:
nick_PASTIE":12m4iz6k said:
up_the_line":12m4iz6k said:
Cobi Budge":12m4iz6k said:

Newport and Exeter. The rest were as dull as today and frankly Liverpool were there for the taking as wolves showed but we were just delighted to have a home park full of people who will never go again... If that's a precious moment for you fair enough. Personally I remember moments from the Shilton and Holloway seasons right now when Argyle came onto the pitch with the sole intent to score more than the opposition, and I've have already forgotten this afternoon. In fact I wish I'd stayed in London for the afternoon and before you snipe my voice is hoarse from trying to encourage the team, moreso than the vast majority of the away end today, but I don't blane them for their lack of noise

Lack of noise? What a load of borrox. I sat amongst a very friendly section of the home crowd on the half way line, and they said the GA was the noisiest away support all season, which must include Pompey.

Mar 14, 2009
cheshiregreen":32ijdhto said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":32ijdhto said:

Agree with your sentiment but Blackpool won at the Keepmoat last weekend too.

Lol, l went brain dead there for a minute.. of course they did...

I think Doncaster haven't lost 3 in a row this season. Come on Exeter...

May 16, 2016
mervyn":1v98asl2 said:
up_the_line":1v98asl2 said:
nick_PASTIE":1v98asl2 said:
up_the_line":1v98asl2 said:
Cobi Budge":1v98asl2 said:

Lack of noise? What a load of borrox. I sat amongst a very friendly section of the home crowd on the half way line, and they said the GA was the noisiest away support all season, which must include Pompey.

It was good from where I was. Don't worry about it. He's sniggering as he posts, plays to the gallery somewhat.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
mervyn":1vecnvg2 said:
up_the_line":1vecnvg2 said:
nick_PASTIE":1vecnvg2 said:
up_the_line":1vecnvg2 said:
Cobi Budge":1vecnvg2 said:

Well whatever. I think I've been to better atmospheres for meaningless games. Went to a game in Poland last week. Meaningless for the home team. Had barely 6000 at the game. Far far louder and more passionate than today

Nov 4, 2012
up_the_line":1pqpgh0v said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1pqpgh0v said:
Ha ha UTL I'm on your train ..5:30 from Colchester ..

Exactly. A sober train. In previous promotion seasons there'd have been uproar. Today I'm talking about what shade of magnolia we're going for when we decorate. That's Adams' glorious Argyle

:facepalm:

What a mam.