Brief synopsis (Col Utd) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis (Col Utd)

Mar 23, 2008
We both had tricky away games and today we gained a point on Donny, so a good day. Beat Crewe next week and we go into the final day with a chance of being champions, regardless of Donnys result which would be great.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Actually I do find myself agreeing with UTL--most of the home matches I have been to have been poor. I think where I differ (and probably many others) is that I take a pragmatic view i.e. it's rarely entertaining but if it gets us out of League 2 I'll accept it. I hope for more days like Newport, and I hope DA and his team are already out scouting for the players who can provide both the results and a modicum of entertainment.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
IJN":axjqdiik said:
Some very good football played by both sides.

Problem is Patrick you are obviously surrounding yourself with people who are as negative as you are!

Cobi, I thought Foxy played very well indeed.

The Col U guys said we were far far better than Donny!!

The good thing is, football is all about opinions.

Yes indeed, I was at a similar match Ian, & thankfully a very different one to UTL, whose attention-seeking, & sometimes quiite rude, posts result in 4 pages so far that offer very little by the way of sypnosis.
A Colchester friend of mine joined the GA Army for the day, despite his desperation that Col U get to the play-offs.
He was also at the same match as me!, which we thought was skilful & entertaining & thoroughly enjoyable.Dave also thought it was one of best Col U performances he'd seen this season.
Drey Wright (7) & Elokobi both had strong games( the latter a bit robust at times!)
Despite their "better stats" & attempts, they were rarely composed enough to be on target, let alone score, down to our organised "bodies behind the ball"'defensive efforts & Luke's composure & safe handling. For those reasons Dave was never expecting all three points.

For me, strong performances by Oscar( for the most part, albeit some mistakes) , Songo'o & Sokolik, Sarcevic ( a lot of box-to-box being in the right place regularly), Foxy ( not flawless, but generally read the game well & played that role that many of us rate him so highly for) , GC10, who works so hard ( as with others, some misplaced passes & mis-Reading, but still made a good contribution) .
Defeat for Donny helps make that a good point, against a good side , who displayed quite clearly why they have such a good home record.
Looking forward to the final two matches & next season & to how DA approaches it, which I certainly couldn't second-guess!
What he's done this season clearly reflects his recognition that "promotion had to be achieved at all costs" & hasn't he done that well?! I would say "impressively"!
Yes, bring it on! Let the adventure continue!

IJN":mf599ay8 said:
Some very good football played by both sides.

Problem is Patrick you are obviously surrounding yourself with people who are as negative as you are!

Cobi, I thought Foxy played very well indeed.

The Col U guys said we were far far better than Donny!!

The good thing is, football is all about opinions.
The proverbial game of two halves, first half we were all over united, the second half they were all over us, Luke kept us in the game second half.
What was good to see was how much better the passing is compared to last season.
A draw was a fair result.

Biggs":25ydhn9e said:
I really, really didn't like the stadium, I'm afraid. Is it possible for a football stadium to have less character than that? And to be that far away from the actual town it represents is a real shame.

Also hard to create an atmosphere with the open corners. Give me an away day at Wimbledon or Luton any day.
They do at least have four new sides to their stadium, and compared to Accrington Stanley is an absolute palace. Home Park is hardly in the middle of Plymouth.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The SKY generation's fixation with the simplicity of 'points' totals dictating what makes for good value entertainment is still a head scratcher for me.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
saffronwalden green":2so0f373 said:
Biggs":2so0f373 said:
I really, really didn't like the stadium, I'm afraid. Is it possible for a football stadium to have less character than that? And to be that far away from the actual town it represents is a real shame.

Also hard to create an atmosphere with the open corners. Give me an away day at Wimbledon or Luton any day.
They do at least have four new sides to their stadium, and compared to Accrington Stanley is an absolute palace. Home Park is hardly in the middle of Plymouth.

I can only assume that if you live in Plymouth you live in Staddiscombe.

Nov 4, 2012
saffronwalden green":3nszb480 said:
Biggs":3nszb480 said:

Home park isn't in the middle of Plymouth???

Literally in the centre hence the name Central Park :lol:

Mar 8, 2016
Up the lines head is up his arse. It was a Good point today. Exeter will beat donny and we will beat Crewe, let's see how many are on here moaning then. On our way we're in our way.

I quite enjoyed the game today, thought it was pretty tight for 60 minutes and Colchester defended quite deep which surprised me as they desperately needed to win.

The game opened up in the last 20 mins or so and could have gone either way with better finishing.

Decent away point I think.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In defence of UTL, we once had an idiot called Tring Green, he never attended, never intended to and yet he came on here and wound people up. He was banned (quite rightly) as a Troll.

UTL goes to matches, I often see him and his Dad, and it's only right that he can say what he says of the game.

He might be a miserable sod (to some of us) but he has to say it as he sees it. It's only fair and this site is more balanced than any other I have ever seen.

C

Cult Of Personality

up_the_line":1icewbnk said:
nick_PASTIE":1icewbnk said:
up_the_line":1icewbnk said:
Cobi Budge":1icewbnk said:
Promoted with 3 games to go and now in with a shot at the title, not enough for some people though, no idea what they expect.

Put it this way. This afternoon's 'entertainment' has put new off bothering with the crewe game. Joyless. Atmosphere was almost funereal which normally wouldn't be the case for a promoted side. Ask yourself why?

Another sign of today's "instant gratification" society!

Joyless?- Newport at home, Exeter both games, Liverpool games, Stevenage home, Donny both games, Yeovil home, Blackpool away, Newport away league, Wycombe home, Carlisle home, Pompey, and that's off the top of my head.

Newport and Exeter. The rest were as dull as today and frankly Liverpool were there for the taking as wolves showed but we were just delighted to have a home park full of people who will never go again... If that's a precious moment for you fair enough. Personally I remember moments from the Shilton and Holloway seasons right now when Argyle came onto the pitch with the sole intent to score more than the opposition, and I've have already forgotten this afternoon. In fact I wish I'd stayed in London for the afternoon and before you snipe my voice is hoarse from trying to encourage the team, moreso than the vast majority of the away end today, but I don't blane them for their lack of noise

Lack of noise.... Rubbish I was sat behind Mrs Adams I think and she was giving it all the whole game which was great to see. Also the fans were singing all game..

Why don't you stay in London next time Argyle play

Mar 8, 2016
IJN":1hm2aetz said:
In defence of UTL, we once had an idiot called Tring Green, he never attended, never intended to and yet he came on here and wound people up. He was banned (quite rightly) as a Troll.

UTL goes to matches, I often see him and his Dad, and it's only right that he can say what he says of the game.

He might be a miserable sod (to some of us) but he has to say it as he sees it. It's only fair and this site is more balanced than any other I have ever seen.

Yeah Fair enough, a positive post every now and then would probably help his cause though. Look we are all on this forum because we are massive argyle fans, opinions will differ. Personally I find it hard to be negative towards our team at a time when they deserve so much praise, we've achieved our aim at the end of the day. Oh and the title is still on by the way. Come on Exeter.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":1frq3yc6 said:

Cheers. And sorry. I do feel slightly bad because I feel like I'm dragging people down on a day when a lot of people were having a ball. I dearly wish they gave me more positive stuff to say, I actually don't want to be negative believe it or not