Brief synopsis (Col Utd) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis (Col Utd)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
PAFC94":27o99t3h said:
up_the_line":27o99t3h said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":27o99t3h said:
Ha ha UTL I'm on your train ..5:30 from Colchester ..

Exactly. A sober train. In previous promotion seasons there'd have been uproar. Today I'm talking about what shade of magnolia we're going for when we decorate. That's Adams' glorious Argyle

:facepalm:

What a mam.

Back again after a week off! Rubbing his hands with glee because a draw means he has something to moan about. Absolutely pathetic.

May 16, 2016
GreenThing":5ksr39l7 said:
PAFC94":5ksr39l7 said:
up_the_line":5ksr39l7 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":5ksr39l7 said:

Exactly. A sober train. In previous promotion seasons there'd have been uproar. Today I'm talking about what shade of magnolia we're going for when we decorate. That's Adams' glorious Argyle

What a mam.

Back again after a week off! Rubbing his hands with glee because a draw means he has something to moan about. Absolutely pathetic.

...and so predictable , but he's not actually that upset, just playing the self-cast role.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":360m8unc said:
PAFC94":360m8unc said:
up_the_line":360m8unc said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":360m8unc said:

What a mam.

Whatever. I was at the Newport game. It was great. I was there today. It was poo. What do you want me to do?, come on and say I thought it was amazing.. When I dont? Do you want me to lie about how I feel we performed just so you're happy that everyone thinks it was awesome?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":id7j4gue said:
GreenThing":id7j4gue said:
PAFC94":id7j4gue said:
up_the_line":id7j4gue said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":id7j4gue said:

What a mam.

Whatever. I was at the Newport game. It was great. I was there today. It was poo. What do you want me to do?, come on and say I thought it was amazing.. When I dont? Do you want me to lie about how I feel we performed just so you're happy that everyone thinks it was awesome?

Feel free to tell it as you see it, however you are a prolific poster when you think we're shyte and we don't hear a peep out of you when you think we're fantastic. Just an attention seeker and I've fallen into the trap of responding to you again.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I really, really didn't like the stadium, I'm afraid. Is it possible for a football stadium to have less character than that? And to be that far away from the actual town it represents is a real shame.

Also hard to create an atmosphere with the open corners. Give me an away day at Wimbledon or Luton any day.

G

Greenskin

up_the_line":1a8sk142 said:
nick_PASTIE":1a8sk142 said:
up_the_line":1a8sk142 said:
Cobi Budge":1a8sk142 said:
Promoted with 3 games to go and now in with a shot at the title, not enough for some people though, no idea what they expect.

Put it this way. This afternoon's 'entertainment' has put new off bothering with the crewe game. Joyless. Atmosphere was almost funereal which normally wouldn't be the case for a promoted side. Ask yourself why?

Another sign of today's "instant gratification" society!

Joyless?- Newport at home, Exeter both games, Liverpool games, Stevenage home, Donny both games, Yeovil home, Blackpool away, Newport away league, Wycombe home, Carlisle home, Pompey, and that's off the top of my head.

Newport and Exeter. The rest were as dull as today and frankly Liverpool were there for the taking as wolves showed but we were just delighted to have a home park full of people who will never go again... If that's a precious moment for you fair enough. Personally I remember moments from the Shilton and Holloway seasons right now when Argyle came onto the pitch with the sole intent to score more than the opposition, and I've have already forgotten this afternoon. In fact I wish I'd stayed in London for the afternoon and before you snipe my voice is hoarse from trying to encourage the team, moreso than the vast majority of the away end today, but I don't blane them for their lack of noise

Most of the people at the Liverpool game seemed to have turned out against Newport last week-subtract the away support figures and there wouldn't be much difference in how many Argyle fans were there, which would seem to blow a bit of a hole in your theory. Know what your saying about the Shilton and Holloway seasons [although the best performances under the latter came away from home, there was some pretty stodgy stuff at times at HP] but when it boils down to it, nothing was actually achieved during them.Personally,i would rather an Argyle team came back with at least something to show for their efforts than receiving patronising plaudits from opposition managers after a 3-2 defeat and an away point against a play off chasing team which keeps Argyle at least in with a sniff of winning a rare championship would seem to be a reasonable one but each to their own.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
up_the_line":3vrcgx0x said:
Sorry I know a few of you will need a big box of kleenex nearby for any negative comments but that was utter utter poo.
I mean is this it now for us? Even with nothing to lose when we're already promoted we muster a couple of half chances.
And before the sniping I'm on a train back to London and its the general concensus. We're a promoted team and there is absolutely no joy amongst the people on this train. It's very very muted

You can always tell when we haven't won because you become a prolific poster. Cheer up!

The team knows how to get points whether playing well or playing poor and we often don't get beaten which leaves us with a shot at the title.

Biggs":10cmcfp8 said:
I really, really didn't like the stadium, I'm afraid. Is it possible for a football stadium to have less character than that? And to be that far away from the actual town it represents is a real shame.

Also hard to create an atmosphere with the open corners. Give me an away day at Wimbledon or Luton any day.
Agree. There are now a number of clubs who have this bog-standard four sides design, and it's so lacking in character. From memory we'll see the same thing at millwall and scunthorpe next season, and I'm sure there'll be others.

Feb 2, 2007
Shilton's boys were the biggest bottlers of all time and what happened the following season was a pathetic shambles, where most weren't fit to wear the shirt. Both literally and methaphorically. He did nothing but bad things for Argyle save for several entertaining games which ultimately achieved nothing. He was backed with decent money too, not to mention his own inflated wages and ego.

I'm not even going to start in Hollowords but some are very quick to forget the manner in which he left the club and the total stitch up that took place, mainly attributed to him, over our best assets.

Derek is up there with Luggy and Dave Amith in terms on getting teams that wear the shirt with pride and put in 100%, over achieving because they are collectively a fully, functioning team.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
nick_PASTIE":zveyqs00 said:
Shilton's boys were the biggest bottlers of all time and what happened the following season was a pathetic shambles, where most weren't fit to wear the shirt. Both literally and methaphorically. He did nothing but bad things for Argyle save for several entertaining games which ultimately achieved nothing. He was backed with decent money too, not to mention his own inflated wages and ego.

I'm not even going to start in Hollowords but some are very quick to forget the manner in which he left the club and the total stitch up that took place, mainly attributed to him, over our best assets.

Derek is up there with Luggy and Dave Amith in terms on getting teams that wear the shirt with pride and put in 100%, over achieving because they are collectively a fully, functioning team.
great post.couldn't agree more about the awful shilton.