Brief Synopsis!!! (Doncaster) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Doncaster)

Mar 14, 2009
I don't want to depress people further but the full back issue hasn't suddenly just been raised.

Last season l commented a number of times they both needed replacing because they are too slow. Yet Adams thought they were fine. In the end we got promoted despite this major issue.

This season he keeps both on, whilst playing at a higher level, and so how can we honesty be shocked to find out now they both aren't good enough when both struggled at league two level.

The problem is Adams obviously thinks they are else he wouldn't of kept both on. So people who say he's gonna change things I feel are wrong because l very much doubt he sees this. In the same way that he thinks we play good football, l think he believes Miller and Sawyer can do a job for him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
crownhillpilgrim":16j2d9af said:
run_PAFC":16j2d9af said:
Spot on Mark.

I would get Ness and Ciftci out of the team.. Ever since they've been brought in we've lost almost every game. I'm not sure what either brings to the party to be honest.

Ciftci is flat-out terrible. Just terrible.

Can we send him back?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Tugboat":28g3u544 said:
crownhillpilgrim":28g3u544 said:
run_PAFC":28g3u544 said:
Spot on Mark.

I would get Ness and Ciftci out of the team.. Ever since they've been brought in we've lost almost every game. I'm not sure what either brings to the party to be honest.

Can we send him back?

Normally players in this situation return to their parent clubs for treatment to an injury and aren't seen again.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
cheshiregreen":1mdj20mm said:
Tugboat":1mdj20mm said:
crownhillpilgrim":1mdj20mm said:
run_PAFC":1mdj20mm said:
Spot on Mark.

Can we send him back?

Normally players in this situation return to their parent clubs for treatment to an injury and aren't seen again.

I'd seriously consider putting any other outfield player upfront before him.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm disappointed Adams has made the comment below on the club website. Fans are not stupid and could see Ciftci started the game on the left and Lameiras on the right and that we didn't play with two strikers.

I suppose it comes down to the interpretation of the distance between players to label them as a striker or wide man.

And again, why try to match the opposition in a home game, especially a team just one point above us. It's us as the home team who should be playing to our strengths and forcing the opposition to adapt.

“We went 4-3-1-2, with Fletcher and Ciftci up front and Lameiras in behind. We tried to match up to Doncaster and we started the game well with that,” said Derek.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Wigan will only be my 3rd game this season. However, I am struggling to understand why Sokolik is so out of favour this season.

Last season after arriving in January, he made 15 starts and 3 sub appearances - all of which were made as half time changes. This season he wasn't even into the match day 18 in the early weeks. With Edwards out at Bury, Songo'o was preferred as Bradley's partner.

Will he start on Tuesday?

Why has Adams apparently lost faith in a player who became a first choice CB last season?

Feb 8, 2005
cheshiregreen":2iktdqoi said:
Wigan will only be my 3rd game this season. However, I am struggling to understand why Sokolik is so out of favour this season.

Last season after arriving in January, he made 15 starts and 3 sub appearances - all of which were made as half time changes. This season he wasn't even into the match day 18 in the early weeks. With Edwards out at Bury, Songo'o was preferred as Bradley's partner.

Will he start on Tuesday?

Why has Adams apparently lost faith in a player who became a first choice CB last season?

There was a suggestion that he may be played in Songoo's position of defending midfield. Perhaps he is getting to grips with that position before he plays in the league.

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":2tp1wqh4 said:
Balham_Green":2tp1wqh4 said:
Frank_Butcher":2tp1wqh4 said:
What was clear today is that we can't rely on our full-backs for width. I'd go with something like:

McCormick

Miller
Edwards
Sokolik
Sawyer

Fox
Sarcevic

Ainsworth
Carey
Grant

Blissett

We don't have emough quality to open up defences so crosses are the best option.

But Blissett is not goods enough to play target man or to get on the end of the crosses. Thats what happens when you sign a Torquay reject.

Agreed he's not the ideal choice BG but he is a trier. For that reason he's ahead of Ciftci, and Fletcher doesn't have the presence (understandably). We have so few options.

Bit radical and it wont happen but I would try Bradley up front(after suspension) given the lack of other options. He'd add some presence, win a few headers and we have cover at the back. I am even more convinced we should have sold him in August and used the money to buy a striker(people scoffed at the time). Also why not try Wylde through the middle. He has some pace which we desperately lack and not a bad finisher. Cant do any worse! But Mr Stubborn/Arrogant wont change it. Definition of madness. Keep doing the same things with the same bad results.

Sep 28, 2003
London
PL2 3DQ":3qs4m10r said:
I'm disappointed Adams has made the comment below on the club website. Fans are not stupid and could see Ciftci started the game on the left and Lameiras on the right and that we didn't play with two strikers.

I suppose it comes down to the interpretation of the distance between players to label them as a striker or wide man.

And again, why try to match the opposition in a home game, especially a team just one point above us. It's us as the home team who should be playing to our strengths and forcing the opposition to adapt.

“We went 4-3-1-2, with Fletcher and Ciftci up front and Lameiras in behind. We tried to match up to Doncaster and we started the game well with that,” said Derek.

That's pathetic really. The man doesn't half talk some absolute rubbish sometimes, whether we're winning or losing.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We were absolutely not playing 4-3-1-2 in the first half with Ciftci and Fletcher up front and Lameiras behind them. We absolutely were playing 4-3-3 with Fletcher in the centre, and Lameiras (right) and Ciftci (left) playing in wider, less forward positions. I sent a text to my daughter who wasn't at the game at 3:15 saying '4-3-3 fletcher central lameiras right' [and by implication Ciftci left] and another at 15:26 saying 'Not really playing two up front at all' [because before the game we'd been excited that we would be]. Then, at 16:07 (early in second half) I texted her with 'Lameiras behind front two now I think' and in response to her 'Have we matched their formation then?' my response was 'Sort of but I don't think that is why they changed. It's how I would have started with these players'.

I agree with Andy's post above, on this occasion Derek Adams was talking complete rubbish.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think criticism has to be shared between Adams, Brewster and Wotton.

I wonder if Wottons new role has taken him away from 1st team training?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":37n4lhu9 said:
I think criticism has to be shared between Adams, Brewster and Wotton.

I wonder if Wottons new role has taken him away from 1st team training?
what new role does wotton have mate?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Balham_Green":23sji3ot said:
Also why not try Wylde through the middle. He has some pace which we desperately lack and not a bad finisher.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Wylde is surprisingly good in the air and has a canny knack of popping up in the centre to score goals (when he plays) so he might make a pretty good second striker. I'd probably play him alongside Blissett but Ciftci might work also.

(I'd then put Carey on the left and Jervis on the right with Fox and Ness, or possibly Songo'o, in the centre. I'd like more mobility in the centre but don't see any other options with the current squad - Sarcevic doesn't impress me much and he isn't mobile either. I'd also choose an outfield player as captain - perhaps Fox or Ness or maybe even Jervis - someone reliable and disciplined. Obviously Threlkeld would replace Miller when he is fit).