Brief Synopsis!!! (Doncaster) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Doncaster)

Feb 17, 2017
Steve Evans":3hdxapcw said:
utterly abject and for the first time this season i sensed the players had no belief they could get back into the game.our first of two corners happened in the 75th minute!!!!!!felt sorry for Fletcher playing a lone role.i am not calling for a sacking because Derek did well for us last season by gaining promotion and deserves time to get it right.my word that was a painful match.my man of the match was Ruben Lameiras.i would like to say that we must be the slowest set of players around.my ratings;

Luke McCormick - 1
Gary Miller - 1
Ryan Edwards - 1
Sonny Bradley - 0
Gary Sawyer - 2
Yann Songo'o - 1
Jamie Ness - 1
Antoni Sarcevic - 1
Ruben Lameiras - 6
Alex Fletcher - 6
Nadir Ciftci - 1

Kyle Letheren - unused
Jakub Sokolik - unused
David Fox - 2
Lionel Ainsworth - 2
Gregg Wylde - 1
Joel Grant - unused
Nathan Bissett - unused

Songo, sarcevic and ciftci 1 and then fletcher a 6. Would like a brief explanation how fletcher deserved a 6 and probably our 3 best players today a 1..

Mar 14, 2009
From the moment you saw Citfci on the left wing you wondered what the hell is going on here.

Nothing much to actually say. Argyle created nothing apart from a dipping Sarcevic effort in the first half.

No width, no pace and no ideas.

Doncaster weren't much better. But our defence was static for their first goal whilst their second was gift wrapped by McCormick.

The first half of games we just are so passive. We are waiting to see what the other team do. By the time the second half comes around we have wasted 45 mins just sitting on the back foot.

McCormick hobbling around on one leg. Yet we still play him. Adams just refuses to play anyone apart from a similar 12-14 players each Saturday.

The football is the same as last year. Dull and uninspiring. The difference is teams are more clinical and we are not getting away with gift wrapped chances for the opposition. I am now noticing those in support of Adams last year are now saying things aren't good enough. Yet when a few of us were pointing out last year how bad the football was apprantely Adams was doing a great job. Now we can't win, but still play the hopeless punt ball for one forward people can suddenly sees the issues with Adams style of management.

Are fans that blinded by results?

Dec 3, 2005
LOL so much for fortress Home Park

Last FOUR games at home = 4 losses = 4 sendings off = ONE goal FOR and ELEVEN against.

And today NO shots on target today = how the hell are we going to score

And only FOUR shots - attempts lol

Something needs to change and change damn quickly.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":121eckys said:
utterly abject and for the first time this season i sensed the players had no belief they could get back into the game.our first of two corners happened in the 75th minute!!!!!!felt sorry for Fletcher playing a lone role.i am not calling for a sacking because Derek did well for us last season by gaining promotion and deserves time to get it right.my word that was a painful match.my man of the match was Ruben Lameiras.i would like to say that we must be the slowest set of players around.my ratings;

Luke McCormick - 1
Gary Miller - 1
Ryan Edwards - 1
Sonny Bradley - 0
Gary Sawyer - 2
Yann Songo'o - 1
Jamie Ness - 1
Antoni Sarcevic - 1
Ruben Lameiras - 6
Alex Fletcher - 6
Nadir Ciftci - 1

Kyle Letheren - unused
Jakub Sokolik - unused
David Fox - 2
Lionel Ainsworth - 2
Gregg Wylde - 1
Joel Grant - unused
Nathan Bissett - unused

Childish ratings.

B

batesy65

Simply not good enough from all the team.like my old school report said"must try harder"

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":2arztbcg said:
From the moment you saw Citfci on the left wing you wondered what the hell is going on here.

Nothing much to actually say. Argyle created nothing apart from a dipping Sarcevic effort in the first half.

No width, no pace and no ideas.

Doncaster weren't much better. But our defence was static for their first goal whilst their second was gift wrapped by McCormick.

The first half of games we just are so passive. We are waiting to see what the other team do. By the time the second half comes around we have wasted 45 mins just sitting on the back foot.

McCormick hobbling around on one leg. Yet we still play him. Adams just refuses to play anyone apart from a similar 12-14 players each Saturday.

The football is the same as last year. Dull and uninspiring. The difference is teams are more clinical and we are not getting away with gift wrapped chances for the opposition. I am now noticing those in support of Adams last year are now saying things aren't good enough. Yet when a few of us were pointing out last year how bad the football was apprantely Adams was doing a great job. Now we can't win, but still play the hopeless punt ball for one forward people can suddenly sees the issues with Adams style of management.

Are fans that blinded by results?

It's not about being blinded by results.

We all knew that the be all and end all on League 2 was to get out of it. Adams found a formula for that and most of us recognised that.

I hoped and expected that League 1 would be where we'd push on in terms of playing style and recruitment.

It hasn't happened, and I agree with all the points you've made.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Neilz5419":1wms5e92 said:
Steve Evans":1wms5e92 said:

Luke McCormick - 1
Gary Miller - 1
Ryan Edwards - 1
Sonny Bradley - 0
Gary Sawyer - 2
Yann Songo'o - 1
Jamie Ness - 1
Antoni Sarcevic - 1
Ruben Lameiras - 6
Alex Fletcher - 6
Nadir Ciftci - 1

Kyle Letheren - unused
Jakub Sokolik - unused
David Fox - 2
Lionel Ainsworth - 2
Gregg Wylde - 1
Joel Grant - unused
Nathan Bissett - unused

Songo, sarcevic and ciftci 1 and then fletcher a 6. Would like a brief explanation how fletcher deserved a 6 and probably our 3 best players today a 1..
fletcher deserved a six because i don't want to dishearten a young player if he or his family/friends read this.he tried his hardest.ciftci doesn't look like he is enjoying it here and is easily out marked.in your view songo'o was one of our three best players but subbed at half time.i'd appreciate an explanation from you as to why he is one of the three best players please.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
arrythewurzel":37jeb27g said:
Think Adams made a few mistakes today.

We finally keep a clean sheet last week with Songo and Bradley and he scraps it. Bradley plays better with Songo next to him. End of. Edwards should have needed to wait to get his place back. What signal does that send to Songo - you keep a clean sheet - you're then dumped. Doesn't do players feelings of fairness any good.

Rather than trust his instinct I think he's reacted to fan pressure to play Fletcher. Bizarrely he plays him as a target man. Didn't work. Kids shouldn't start when you're in a relegation battle. Thought he gave more than most on pitch but spent most of his time challenging for high balls. He should have been the one wide.

Ness - sorry but he's too slow for me and him and Fox don't work well together - too similar. And fox for me every time.

Ciftci is obviously a good player judging by his pedigree but is a square peg in a round hole and doesn't fit into this system. Until Taylor is fit Blissett must start ahead of him. If he has to play because of contract requirements a spell deeper might suit him better. The top of a diamond midfield might suit him. He's not the striker to lead the line and the longer we persist the more his confidence will suffer.

Something's not right in that dressing room however. Something's got the players backs up and they are reacting with poor discipline. These red cards feel like a protest against something? Have they lost faith in the managers tactics? It feels like a protest? Or a betting scandal - lol. What's up? Where's Jervis - has he spoken up and been punished?

I think Adams deserves time and he has my support but he shouldn't treat the fans as fools as he has done post-match today. He would have been better to admit that that was the worst performance of his reign. Apologised to the fans and give us confidence he knows how to sort it.

Finally - he needs to find a settled side. Have we played 2 games with the same personnel - ok the red cards have not helped. But Joel Grant goes from man of the match to benched - bizarre.

Best humour were the chants of 'you're nothing special we lose every week' and 'we're on our way to league 2 we're on our way' ... which at least raised a smile.

Gosh that was bad- it's not easy being green.

Pretty much sums it up.

Dec 3, 2005
Tugboat":2rnpuv96 said:
arrythewurzel":2rnpuv96 said:
Think Adams made a few mistakes today.

We finally keep a clean sheet last week with Songo and Bradley and he scraps it. Bradley plays better with Songo next to him. End of. Edwards should have needed to wait to get his place back. What signal does that send to Songo - you keep a clean sheet - you're then dumped. Doesn't do players feelings of fairness any good.

Rather than trust his instinct I think he's reacted to fan pressure to play Fletcher. Bizarrely he plays him as a target man. Didn't work. Kids shouldn't start when you're in a relegation battle. Thought he gave more than most on pitch but spent most of his time challenging for high balls. He should have been the one wide.

Ness - sorry but he's too slow for me and him and Fox don't work well together - too similar. And fox for me every time.

Ciftci is obviously a good player judging by his pedigree but is a square peg in a round hole and doesn't fit into this system. Until Taylor is fit Blissett must start ahead of him. If he has to play because of contract requirements a spell deeper might suit him better. The top of a diamond midfield might suit him. He's not the striker to lead the line and the longer we persist the more his confidence will suffer.

Something's not right in that dressing room however. Something's got the players backs up and they are reacting with poor discipline. These red cards feel like a protest against something? Have they lost faith in the managers tactics? It feels like a protest? Or a betting scandal - lol. What's up? Where's Jervis - has he spoken up and been punished?

I think Adams deserves time and he has my support but he shouldn't treat the fans as fools as he has done post-match today. He would have been better to admit that that was the worst performance of his reign. Apologised to the fans and give us confidence he knows how to sort it.

Finally - he needs to find a settled side. Have we played 2 games with the same personnel - ok the red cards have not helped. But Joel Grant goes from man of the match to benched - bizarre.

Best humour were the chants of 'you're nothing special we lose every week' and 'we're on our way to league 2 we're on our way' ... which at least raised a smile.

Gosh that was bad- it's not easy being green.

Pretty much sums it up.

Yep - wish I had said all that, but mine would have had alot of **** in there.

Jan 30, 2016
Poor, poor, poor!
Fot the first 18 mins thought out team played quite well. Cifti and Fletcher combining well -team were passing the ball reasonable well. The a bod goal conceded - but thought lineman's was at fault not up with the game and missed an offside -he did this several times and also a couple of handballs. The team competed well although some passing going astray for the remainder of the half.
After half time we just went from bad to worse - Luke did not cover himself with glory and seemed hesitant, We did not have a ball winner as Sangoo had been subbed - yes his passing was not the best but he was one player that could get close to the Donny misfield, Fletcher and Cifti ended up just chasing big boots down the field. I think Cifti will be glad to go home soon!
Did anyone see the Donny players huh giving the guy that Bradley was supposed to have thumped -our boys have got to learn that there are some real wind up merchants in this league. Several Donny players collapsed as if shot when slightly touched and simply conned the referee who I though was very poor.

What do you think our points target should be to avoid going down?

Feb 17, 2017
Steve Evans":rtcj5oig said:
Neilz5419":rtcj5oig said:
Steve Evans":rtcj5oig said:

Luke McCormick - 1
Gary Miller - 1
Ryan Edwards - 1
Sonny Bradley - 0
Gary Sawyer - 2
Yann Songo'o - 1
Jamie Ness - 1
Antoni Sarcevic - 1
Ruben Lameiras - 6
Alex Fletcher - 6
Nadir Ciftci - 1

Kyle Letheren - unused
Jakub Sokolik - unused
David Fox - 2
Lionel Ainsworth - 2
Gregg Wylde - 1
Joel Grant - unused
Nathan Bissett - unused

fletcher deserved a six because i don't want to dishearten a young player if he or his family/friends read this.he tried his hardest.ciftci doesn't look like he is enjoying it here and is easily out marked.in your view songo'o was one of our three best players but subbed at half time.i'd appreciate an explanation from you as to why he is one of the three best players please.

Songo was doing all the dirty work yes he is not the best on the ball but was winning the majority of second balls. The fact Adams took him off second half is not a decision I can justify or would have made. I assume he was trying to be bring in a more attacking option with fox, this was a mistake, and what it actually did was leave us exposed and we got ripped apart the second half

Jul 6, 2011
samjones":1mppq1t8 said:
Oh dear.

That was shambolic and embarrassing again today.
From the very outset 4 - 3 - 3 with that personnel was never going to work and the subs and going 3 at the back was even worse.

DA has a lot to answer for and is obviously feeling the pressure judging by the team selection and dare I say tictacs ( if there were any )

Songo in for Fox ???
Cifti out wide ???
Jervis not even on bench ???
Kid as our main CF ???
Crazy subs ???

Even the greenest of green tints must realise now that we are already in DIRE TROUBLE.
DA has lost the plot and posiibly the dressing room judging by performances and ill discipline
Squad isn't good enough to keep us up and by time Taylor and Oscar are back we will be cast adrift at the bottom of the league

Fletcher had no support and was probably the one player who put a bit of passion into his play.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
samjones":273jadg5 said:
Oh dear.

That was shambolic and embarrassing again today.
From the very outset 4 - 3 - 3 with that personnel was never going to work and the subs and going 3 at the back was even worse.

DA has a lot to answer for and is obviously feeling the pressure judging by the team selection and dare I say tictacs ( if there were any )

Songo in for Fox ???
Cifti out wide ???
Jervis not even on bench ???
Kid as our main CF ???
Crazy subs ???
I'm not allowed to say things like that
Even the greenest of green tints must realise now that we are already in DIRE TROUBLE.
DA has lost the plot and posiibly the dressing room judging by performances and ill discipline
Squad isn't good enough to keep us up and by time Taylor and Oscar are back we will be cast adrift at the bottom of the league

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Fletcher did all that he could in the circumstances - he was energetic, tried making runs etc. He never had any service at all.
So it was a mediocre performance but largely through no fault of his own.

I disagree with Sam - I think the squad is good enough to keep us up, but not how we're playing at the moment. We're underperforming and that's got to be turned around quickly.