Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham)

Oct 14, 2015
I was sat in the Lynhurst right next to Demport End and convinced through crowded players one of our players headed the ball off the line from a corner?? Anyone confirm that! Second half and near the end ??

Jul 3, 2013
clokey84":3l158mjm said:
nick_PASTIE":3l158mjm said:
Great summary there Mark, thank you.

Spot on about Toums saving his skin but we need to go into Jan out of bottom four and then have the best transfer window trading ever to stay in this division.
So if we'd drawn he would have been given the boot you think?

Made me laugh too, total nonsense

Jul 3, 2013
samjones":3k68vlu2 said:
esmer":3k68vlu2 said:
samjones":3k68vlu2 said:
Gee some guys on here make me laugh. A lucky 2 - 1 win over a really poor Gillingham and anyone would think we were the new Man City and European champions.
It was a poor game between two poor teams but fortunately we came out on top. This does not disguise the poor performance that was riddled with mistakes and missed opportunities and a manager in DA who is so negative.

10 weeks relegation was nailed on but with a slight improvement in luck and form we have beaten other bottom teams to drag them back down to us. Who is to say this run will continue or we will return to the form of the first 10 games.
Our only chance is to beat ALL the other bottom teams in the big 6 pointers and we may just end up 5th from bottom but its going to be a long old hard season of carp football

#weneed4reallysh1tteams
Amazing, your team get a last minute winner in a vital game and you are still p*ssed off.

Was absolutely delighted, over the moon as it was a massive difference to drawing against a fellow struggler.
What the win does not disguise is how poor we still are and DA's negative tactics are perilously dangerous.

You are more likely to win a game scoring 2 goals to 1 but as soon as we score we defend for the balance of the game whether that be 89 mins or 1
Play like that and manage like that and it will be a long old season with a lot of p1553d off people even if we do manage to stay up.
A win does not overshadow the real problems we have with DA and the team

When are you next performing stand up

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Stiffler":28vf0af4 said:
samjones":28vf0af4 said:
esmer":28vf0af4 said:
samjones":28vf0af4 said:
Gee some guys on here make me laugh. A lucky 2 - 1 win over a really poor Gillingham and anyone would think we were the new Man City and European champions.
It was a poor game between two poor teams but fortunately we came out on top. This does not disguise the poor performance that was riddled with mistakes and missed opportunities and a manager in DA who is so negative.

10 weeks relegation was nailed on but with a slight improvement in luck and form we have beaten other bottom teams to drag them back down to us. Who is to say this run will continue or we will return to the form of the first 10 games.
Our only chance is to beat ALL the other bottom teams in the big 6 pointers and we may just end up 5th from bottom but its going to be a long old hard season of carp football

#weneed4reallysh1tteams
Amazing, your team get a last minute winner in a vital game and you are still p*ssed off.

Was absolutely delighted, over the moon as it was a massive difference to drawing against a fellow struggler.
What the win does not disguise is how poor we still are and DA's negative tactics are perilously dangerous.

You are more likely to win a game scoring 2 goals to 1 but as soon as we score we defend for the balance of the game whether that be 89 mins or 1
Play like that and manage like that and it will be a long old season with a lot of p1553d off people even if we do manage to stay up.

Which bit are you finding so hilarious?

Massive 3 points yesterday but we got a bit lucky with it. Some will say we deserve some and that’s hard to disagree with but I’d rather we make our own luck by being mentally positive and looking to get that second goal rather than backs to the wall defending a 1-0 lead everytime we go in front.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Deacster":a2oidz28 said:
Fine margins in football and I think Diagouraga's winner could be a season defining moment, 2 lost points would have hurt both pointage wise and for morale whereas that 3 points could really help us kick on. Great character from the boys well played.
Could it be a belated 'Rushden & Diamonds' moment come as an early Christmas present. I hope so.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think we were brilliant but we just deserved the win on balance. Massive, massive 3 points. That's what matters in the situation we're in.

Roos 6
Sawyer 4
Edwards 6
Bradley 4
ATS 7
Fox 7
Diagouraga 8 MOTM
Jervis 7
Carey 5
Grant 6
Taylor 8

Better from Adams too - 4231 with support from deep is more effective in my opinion. That, plus having Taylor back in the team who can actually lead the line and bring the midfield into play when he holds the ball up, is why we won that game. Oh and Gillingham's centre-havles having a mare.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
If you think we play deep at home, look at Man United right now.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Stiffler":33q5zgs8 said:
samjones":33q5zgs8 said:
esmer":33q5zgs8 said:
samjones":33q5zgs8 said:

#weneed4reallysh1tteams

Quite a few of the best comedians suffered serious bouts of melancholy. Could they all have been closeted Argyle fans?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ade the green":21otskzs said:
Stiffler":21otskzs said:
samjones":21otskzs said:
esmer":21otskzs said:
samjones":21otskzs said:

#weneed4reallysh1tteams

Quite a few of the best comedians suffered serious bouts of melancholy. Could they all have been closeted Argyle fans?

What like Bernard Moaning? :coat:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
samjones":13t4bg4c said:
esmer":13t4bg4c said:
samjones":13t4bg4c said:

#weneed4reallysh1tteams

You mean the problems that #YOU have with DA and the team.

Jul 16, 2008
Welwyn Pilgrim":u4pmc0m6 said:
I was sat in the Lynhurst right next to Demport End and convinced through crowded players one of our players headed the ball off the line from a corner?? Anyone confirm that! Second half and near the end ??

Yes I there was a comfortable clearance off the line near the end, I can't remember who made the clearance though and if he wasn't there the keeper would have likely saved it.

Sep 6, 2006
Ray_Stidwell":1zetd5rz said:
Balham_Green":1zetd5rz said:
Most ironic of all is that Biggs was not there himself! And I suspect neither was Knibsworth. Does all his analysis by stats rather than actually watching football. Re. the stat about winning when we score first its not a great stat as we so rarely actually do score first. "Games are not played on paper". And neither are seasons mateys.

We have scored first in 7 of the last 9 league games. Where do you get your facts from Balham Green, or indeed your definition of “rarely”?

And won 4 of them so dont 'nearly always win' as Biggs claims. However I was thinking more of the previous 12 games! Remember that?

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":30vlibxt said:
Balham_Green":30vlibxt said:
PAFC Norfolk":30vlibxt said:
Biggs":30vlibxt said:
1) there is absolutely no point whatsoever in analysing a game from BBC text. Games aren’t played on paper (or BBC text). Challenging someone on the sequence of events is equally pointless.

2) ‘it happens and will happen again’... well yes, but barely ever. When we score first we nearly always win.

Mervyn’s post above rings true with me. EVERY winning team today will have fans complaining about something or other.

It’s a cliche but the truth is that there are no easy games in the Football League and very few regulation wins where everything goes right. Pretty much every game is an absolute battle, especially so in a relegation fight like today.

So Biggs you are happy in a relegation battle to keep yourself interested.

Just because I cannot get to a home game without travelling for six hours there and six hours back home hoping I make the last train from London to make it home after midnight that I do not care. F**k you. I do care, I care deeply, Argyle's form does affect me and probably more than you think. The text streams do not lie, and is what we go by.

You still seem to deny the events as reported today happened at all.

Most ironic of all is that Biggs was not there himself! And I suspect neither was Knibsworth. Does all his analysis by stats rather than actually watching football. Re. the stat about winning when we score first its not a great stat as we so rarely actually do score first. "Games are not played on paper". And neither are seasons mateys.

This from a poster who says 'no supporter is happier than me when Argyle win'.

The bitterness in your posts every time DA wins gives me a smile. You resent Adams finding a way to win. You probably don't realise how much more you want Argyle to lose than win right now. You support Derek Adams losing his job more than you support Argyle winning points and climbing the table.

Usual rubbish. I was merely commenting on your tendency to go on, and on and on and on and on about stats. when you dont actually go very often to the games. Not sure how you draw the conclusion from that that I want the team to lose. You seem very confused.

Sep 6, 2006
Ade the green":1m5wsc5a said:
Ray_Stidwell":1m5wsc5a said:
Indeed Andy!
I recall that I once did comment on the “boring predictability” of a certain “Mr Misery” ( the one who seems to be on a mission to demand that every one else is as miserable as he ( otherwise they’re stupid!)
Boy , did he bite back! Attacking me personally. Hilarious!....again predictable
It’s such a shame. Blocking can bring some peace ( & sometimes shorten the thread remarkably !) , but this board shouldn’t need to be about that!
Ho Hum! At least there is a good number of posters who add value, recognising that we do all have a common goal!

So you bait someone that has a different viewpoint and then call him out on it! Helpful.

Indeed. He has made 4 posts in a short space of time slagging off others without any meaningful contribution himself. Very sad.

May 8, 2011
Two observations from the game, Argyle’s formation started as 4-3-3 and changed to 4-4-2 when Songo’o came on, so hardly defensive.
The reaction of the players including Ainsworth and Threlkeld when the second goal was scored showed how much winning meant to them.