Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":phs5ntme said:
Ade the green":phs5ntme said:
Ray_Stidwell":phs5ntme said:
Indeed Andy!
I recall that I once did comment on the “boring predictability” of a certain “Mr Misery” ( the one who seems to be on a mission to demand that every one else is as miserable as he ( otherwise they’re stupid!)
Boy , did he bite back! Attacking me personally. Hilarious!....again predictable
It’s such a shame. Blocking can bring some peace ( & sometimes shorten the thread remarkably !) , but this board shouldn’t need to be about that!
Ho Hum! At least there is a good number of posters who add value, recognising that we do all have a common goal!

So you bait someone that has a different viewpoint and then call him out on it! Helpful.

Indeed. He has made 4 posts in a short space of time slagging off others without any meaningful contribution himself. Very sad.

Is that self-reflection ?

Mar 14, 2009
Such a shame. There is some really good debates and interesting viewpoints to be had here.

Yet what do we get. A thread that turns into who has got the best personal put downs. I know there are frictional posters but surely if you can't deal with how they make their point then just side step what they say.

I'm left scratching my head thinking this is how people must get their kicks.

All Argyle fans at the end of the day and we all want to see Argyle do well so why the need to put people down is beyond me.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Metal_Green_Mickey":2o77isba said:
Such a shame. There is some really good debates and interesting viewpoints to be had here.

Yet what do we get. A thread that turns into who has got the best personal put downs. I know there are frictional posters but surely if you can't deal with how they make their point then just side step what they say.

All Argyle fans at the end of the day and we all want to see Argyle do well so why the need to put people down is beyond me.

Don't believe that for one second.

There are those, with their tinfoil helmets, that believe that every defeat is a nail in the coffin of James Brent, and that fills them with great joy.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Andy_S":3j6admi0 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3j6admi0 said:

There are those, with their tinfoil helmets, that believe that every defeat is a nail in the coffin of James Brent, and that fills them with great joy.

And there are those that believe James Brent is beyond criticism. Different sides of the same coin.

For what it’s worth, I’m in support of Brent. He hasn’t been perfect but who is? He’s invested in the team and the infrastructure and we’ve improved year on year under his stewardship.

Nonetheless, as I’ve alluded to on another thread, I’m not convinced Adams is the right man for the job. Now if he proves me wrong - brilliant! I want Argyle as far up the football pyramid as possible and on the whole I quite like Adams too. I’ll gladly be wrong.

Oct 14, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":2u5woc3p said:

Drives people away from PASOTI. Almost every thread turns into insults, point scoring, mud slinging. You'd be amazed how many Argyle fans I speak to who are members of PASOTI but very rarely post or even log on because of the constant threads being turned into personal battles between posters. Thing is it's always the same ones who seem to get involved. Debate and opinions are healthy but name calling and sly digs aren't ..

May 8, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":ofox8mk6 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":ofox8mk6 said:

Drives people away from PASOTI. Almost every thread turns into insults, point scoring, mud slinging. You'd be amazed how many Argyle fans I speak to who are members of PASOTI but very rarely post or even log on because of the constant threads being turned into personal battles between posters. Thing is it's always the same ones who seem to get involved. Debate and opinions are healthy but name calling and sly digs aren't ..

I left the Face Book site for the very same reason and on there, there seems very little moderation of the language used to abuse people.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":q0991ga4 said:
Andy_S":q0991ga4 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":q0991ga4 said:

And there are those that believe James Brent is beyond criticism. Different sides of the same coin.

For what it’s worth, I’m in support of Brent. He hasn’t been perfect but who is? He’s invested in the team and the infrastructure and we’ve improved year on year under his stewardship.

Nonetheless, as I’ve alluded to on another thread, I’m not convinced Adams is the right man for the job. Now if he proves me wrong - brilliant! I want Argyle as far up the football pyramid as possible and on the whole I quite like Adams too. I’ll gladly be wrong.

Of course you are right with the flipside of the coin, that stands to reason.

As for your 2nd paragraph, we are pretty much on the same wavelength.

My only beef with Derek Adams is that he is far to rigid in his approach to a game. It always appears to be my way or bugger off! :lol: I believe, deep down, that he is the man for the job...hell, he can't be that bad, look at what he did with Ross County. That was no mean feat.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
May have been covered above but looking at the video and the lack of reaction and protest of the Gillingham player stood right next to Roos with a view of the ball, it must not have completely crossed the line. If it had, that player would have been running to the linesman etc.

Sep 23, 2005
Back to the match. I enjoyed it and you couldn't have a more entertaining last few minutes anywhere. I understand the negative Adams comments but I would argue that his pragmatic approach in grinding out results is exactly what is needed right now. It's working too, look at the form table. Songo'o on for Grant was quite understandable and a Pulis or Big Sam, renowned for avoiding relegation, would have done something similar.
As for the personal infighting on here just ignore it, this place can still be very informative. I am not anti Brent at all but there are so many on here who would follow him over a cliff if he jumped.
I like free chat, ignore the silly wallies on there but a good spread of views. I never go to ATD just an absolute pathetic waste of time.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Metal_Green_Mickey":13378b2b said:

Agreed. :thumbs:

Mar 23, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":2bp208jc said:

Indeed takes the gloss off threads/PASOTI.