Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham)

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Indeed Andy!
I recall that I once did comment on the “boring predictability” of a certain “Mr Misery” ( the one who seems to be on a mission to demand that every one else is as miserable as he ( otherwise they’re stupid!)
Boy , did he bite back! Attacking me personally. Hilarious!....again predictable
It’s such a shame. Blocking can bring some peace ( & sometimes shorten the thread remarkably !) , but this board shouldn’t need to be about that!
Ho Hum! At least there is a good number of posters who add value, recognising that we do all have a common goal!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ray_Stidwell":2glgk6kh said:
Indeed Andy!
I recall that I once did comment on the “boring predictability” of a certain “Mr Misery” ( the one who seems to be on a mission to demand that every one else is as miserable as he ( otherwise they’re stupid!)
Boy , did he bite back! Attacking me personally. Hilarious!....again predictable
It’s such a shame. Blocking can bring some peace ( & sometimes shorten the thread remarkably !) , but this board shouldn’t need to be about that!
Ho Hum! At least there is a good number of posters who add value, recognising that we do all have a common goal!

So you bait someone that has a different viewpoint and then call him out on it! Helpful.

Aug 11, 2013
On the subject of The Songo sub - I thought the obvious sub was him for Fox in a straight swap rather than disrupt the set up with several midfield moves. But hey - we won and DA was saved a savaging.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I thought that bringing on Songo'o was a completely sensible/justifiable move and taking off Grant was understandable. Carey was the weak point in the team at that point but always has potential to do something. Taylor might have made way if he wasn't going to last the 90 minutes. Jervis's speed is always useful to keep on the pitch. The idea of taking off Fox is, to me, a bit bizarre. The substitution was about strengthening the midfield defensively by adding an extra body not disrupting it completely. For once, Adams did exactly what I would have done, just 5 minutes after I was saying he should!

There's no doubting the commitment and effort of the team. I had Adams absolutely on a knife edge as far as getting the chop was concerned a few weeks ago and, in truth, would have been happy to see him go because of his horribly negative/defensive mindset. But I am not generally a fan of fast manager sackings so I am pleased that the club didn't jump and think it would be absolutely the wrong thing to do now.

Oct 31, 2015
I agree the Songo sub made sense. It was not a defensive move it just pushed Carey out wide who lets face it struggled yesterday but still made the winner.

Everyone knows I want DA gone but his sub did mske sense with what we had on the bench. I

Mar 23, 2008
Fine margins in football and I think Diagouraga's winner could be a season defining moment, 2 lost points would have hurt both pointage wise and for morale whereas that 3 points could really help us kick on. Great character from the boys well played.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Roos 8
Sawyer 7
Edwards 5
Bradley 7
Taylor-Sinclair 4
Diagouraga 9
Fox 8
Carey 6
Jervis 6
Grant 7
Taylor 8

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Just an observation from the highlights...

When the ball was played for Gillingham’s goal, Songo’o, Toums AND Fox were all in the opposition’s half. So for the goal at least, playing too deep or defensively wasn’t the issue.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Gee some guys on here make me laugh. A lucky 2 - 1 win over a really poor Gillingham and anyone would think we were the new Man City and European champions.
It was a poor game between two poor teams but fortunately we came out on top. This does not disguise the poor performance that was riddled with mistakes and missed opportunities and a manager in DA who is so negative.

10 weeks ago relegation was nailed on the way the team was playing but with a slight improvement in luck and form we have beaten other bottom teams to drag them back down to us. Who is to say this run will continue or we will return to the form of the first 10 games.
Our only chance is to beat ALL the other bottom teams in the big 6 pointers and we may just end up 5th from bottom but its going to be a long old hard season of carp football

#weneed4reallysh1tteams

Oct 24, 2010
We had the breaks yesterday with the goal that wasn't (it was definitely over the line) and there was an element of good fortune over the winning goal and overall a draw would probably been a fair result. We did well until we scored,passed the ball well and at times played some excellent football but dropped back into defensive mould after the goal but looked reasonably comfortable until Jervis gave away a needless free kick which they took quickly and caught out our centre backs.Fortunately Carey proved once again that class is permanent and made one of his few telling contributions to the game by setting up the chance for the winner which Toumbs made bit of a meal of but eventually got into the net so all was well. A great result against a form team and for the most part a very good performance. We are now showing play-off form and if we can maintain these standards we should comfortably avoid relegation, still an awful lot to do though. There is no room for complacency but I doubt our manager would allow that.

Oct 24, 2010
Biggs":1xbvclz7 said:
Just an observation from the highlights...

When the ball was played for Gillingham’s goal, Songo’o, Toums AND Fox were all in the opposition’s half. So for the goal at least, playing too deep or defensively wasn’t the issue.
In truth we were caught out by them taking the free kick quickly and playing it long. We weren't in shape and to compound it both Bradley and Edwards let the ball bounce. Credit to their full back for quick thinking and it was a very good finish but a very poor goal from our point of view.

Oct 24, 2010
samjones":2zbgh1q9 said:
Gee some guys on here make me laugh. A lucky 2 - 1 win over a really poor Gillingham and anyone would think we were the new Man City and European champions.
It was a poor game between two poor teams but fortunately we came out on top. This does not disguise the poor performance that was riddled with mistakes and missed opportunities and a manager in DA who is so negative.

10 weeks relegation was nailed on but with a slight improvement in luck and form we have beaten other bottom teams to drag them back down to us. Who is to say this run will continue or we will return to the form of the first 10 games.
Our only chance is to beat ALL the other bottom teams in the big 6 pointers and we may just end up 5th from bottom but its going to be a long old hard season of carp football

#weneed4reallysh1tteams
Amazing, your team get a last minute winner in a vital game and you are still p*ssed off.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
esmer":153myaqz said:
samjones":153myaqz said:

10 weeks relegation was nailed on but with a slight improvement in luck and form we have beaten other bottom teams to drag them back down to us. Who is to say this run will continue or we will return to the form of the first 10 games.

#weneed4reallysh1tteams
Amazing, your team get a last minute winner in a vital game and you are still p*ssed off.

Was absolutely delighted, over the moon as it was a massive difference to drawing against a fellow struggler.
What the win does not disguise is how poor we still are and DA's negative tactics are perilously dangerous.

You are more likely to win a game scoring 2 goals to 1 but as soon as we score we defend for the balance of the game whether that be 89 mins or 1
Play like that and manage like that and it will be a long old season with a lot of p1553d off people even if we do manage to stay up.
A win does not overshadow the real problems we have with DA and the team