Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Ade the green":vie8o6ua said:
phil-thefluter24":vie8o6ua said:
Lets just hope somehow we can survive this season & Adams learns lessons as I think he has been caught out this season, this league is much tuffer than he thought

Yeah, and we’ve had to sougher for it!
:clap: :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
PAFC Norfolk":8k1npsz7 said:
Biggs":8k1npsz7 said:
1) there is absolutely no point whatsoever in analysing a game from BBC text. Games aren’t played on paper (or BBC text). Challenging someone on the sequence of events is equally pointless.

2) ‘it happens and will happen again’... well yes, but barely ever. When we score first we nearly always win.

Mervyn’s post above rings true with me. EVERY winning team today will have fans complaining about something or other.

It’s a cliche but the truth is that there are no easy games in the Football League and very few regulation wins where everything goes right. Pretty much every game is an absolute battle, especially so in a relegation fight like today.

So Biggs you are happy in a relegation battle to keep yourself interested.

Just because I cannot get to a home game without travelling for six hours there and six hours back home hoping I make the last train from London to make it home after midnight that I do not care. F**k you. I do care, I care deeply, Argyle's form does affect me and probably more than you think. The text streams do not lie, and is what we go by.

You still seem to deny the events as reported today happened at all.

Most ironic of all is that Biggs was not there himself! And I suspect neither was Knibsworth. Does all his analysis by stats rather than actually watching football. Re. the stat about winning when we score first its not a great stat as we so rarely actually do score first. "Games are not played on paper". And neither are seasons mateys.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PAFC Norfolk":vvr9wt6r said:
Biggs":vvr9wt6r said:
1) there is absolutely no point whatsoever in analysing a game from BBC text. Games aren’t played on paper (or BBC text). Challenging someone on the sequence of events is equally pointless.

2) ‘it happens and will happen again’... well yes, but barely ever. When we score first we nearly always win.

Mervyn’s post above rings true with me. EVERY winning team today will have fans complaining about something or other.

It’s a cliche but the truth is that there are no easy games in the Football League and very few regulation wins where everything goes right. Pretty much every game is an absolute battle, especially so in a relegation fight like today.

Just because I cannot get to a home game without travelling for six hours there and six hours back home hoping I make the last train from London to make it home after midnight that I do not care. F**k you. I do care, I care deeply, Argyle's form does affect me and probably more than you think. The text streams do not lie, and is what we go by.

Not quite sure where to start with that.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
Biggs":14902wwf said:
PAFC Norfolk":14902wwf said:
Biggs":14902wwf said:

Not quite sure where to start with that.

Confused by facts

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
phil-thefluter24":208ws9l6 said:
BHS":208ws9l6 said:
Got the points we so desperately need, I echo what other posters have said Adams needs to stop trying to park the bus in the final 15 minutes, defending far too deeply, he needs to learn this lesson. Wotton needs to have a word in his ear.
If we can stay undefeated in next 2 games (winning one of those), I think we will be clear of the bottom four at the end of the year, then hopeful kick on with new recruits, I think DA will get those right, we are learning that in terms of recruitment and tactics second time around DA gets it right.
The bbc state the attendenance as over 11k, decent gate that, was their a reason for it?
Yes a lot of kids in from local leagues I believe
For a while I thought the Gills had travelled in numbers (unlikely), that explains it then. I think we should do that more often and also give free tickets to schools (for these types of games which won't sell out) to encourage the next generation to support Argyle not those plastic Prem teams, who they'll have no real connection to.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Balham_Green":d7aw8jfx said:
Most ironic of all is that Biggs was not there himself! And I suspect neither was Knibsworth. Does all his analysis by stats rather than actually watching football. Re. the stat about winning when we score first its not a great stat as we so rarely actually do score first. "Games are not played on paper". And neither are seasons mateys.

We have scored first in 7 of the last 9 league games. Where do you get your facts from Balham Green, or indeed your definition of “rarely”?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":2wa39syc said:
PAFC Norfolk":2wa39syc said:
Biggs":2wa39syc said:

This from a poster who says 'no supporter is happier than me when Argyle win'.

The bitterness in your posts every time DA wins gives me a smile. You resent Adams finding a way to win. You probably don't realise how much more you want Argyle to lose than win right now. You support Derek Adams losing his job more than you support Argyle winning points and climbing the table.

Jul 6, 2011
Knibbsworth":9pi3w96m said:
nick_PASTIE":9pi3w96m said:
Great summary there Mark, thank you.

Spot on about Toums saving his skin but we need to go into Jan out of bottom four and then have the best transfer window trading ever to stay in this division.
What do you mean, Toums 'saved him'. It's his player and his signing!

Everyone talking about the miracle required to stay up. We've got more momentum than five out of the current bottom six.

Doom and gloom in all directions. No grit or character in the fan base, just whinging, moaning and blaming.

Good job the manager and players don't surrender like some supporters as we'd have no hope with some of you shouldering any responsibility.

I bet supporters of other clubs in the mire read our forums with wonder at the grief the management get when we're on the up and they have stalled.

Doncaster are now only three points ahead of us, a good gauge of a promoted side who didn't spend all kinds of money on new players.

Maybe you should stop expecting the earth out from Derek Adams and his modestly assembled football team and give them all some support.

We're there every week, how much support do you want us to give.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PAFC Norfolk":1cv2ghl4 said:
Confused by facts

Did you reply to the right person? It didn't seem to relate to anything I actually wrote.

I didn't even remotely imply you didn't care, yet for some reason you've given me a 'f*ck you'.

One of the most bizarre posts I've ever read.

There's really no need for any arguments tonight, we're all Argyle fans and today we won a crucial game. THAT is a fact ;)

Sep 6, 2006
briangreen":171yrnz2 said:
Knibbsworth":171yrnz2 said:
nick_PASTIE":171yrnz2 said:
Great summary there Mark, thank you.

Spot on about Toums saving his skin but we need to go into Jan out of bottom four and then have the best transfer window trading ever to stay in this division.
What do you mean, Toums 'saved him'. It's his player and his signing!

Everyone talking about the miracle required to stay up. We've got more momentum than five out of the current bottom six.

Doom and gloom in all directions. No grit or character in the fan base, just whinging, moaning and blaming.

Good job the manager and players don't surrender like some supporters as we'd have no hope with some of you shouldering any responsibility.

I bet supporters of other clubs in the mire read our forums with wonder at the grief the management get when we're on the up and they have stalled.

Doncaster are now only three points ahead of us, a good gauge of a promoted side who didn't spend all kinds of money on new players.

Maybe you should stop expecting the earth out from Derek Adams and his modestly assembled football team and give them all some support.

We're there every week, how much support do you want us to give.

Knibbsworth is not there every week. Do as I say not as I do eh?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":n91xt9z9 said:
Balham_Green":n91xt9z9 said:
PAFC Norfolk":n91xt9z9 said:
Biggs":n91xt9z9 said:

This from a poster who says 'no supporter is happier than me when Argyle win'.

The bitterness in your posts every time DA wins gives me a smile. You resent Adams finding a way to win. You probably don't realise how much more you want Argyle to lose than win right now. You support Derek Adams losing his job more than you support Argyle winning points and climbing the table.

Adams didn’t find a way to win half as much as he nearly found a way to surrender a lead with that substitution.

Adams to most is a manager who has strengths and weaknesses. Most people see him somewhere on that spectrum.

There is no point, in my opinion thinking he is either the extremes of a messiah or a very naughty boy. I personally think is not healthy to hero worship or hate anyone; yet Adams is causing that trait more than most to some posters on here.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":26kx669g said:
A very poor game of football, played by two very poor teams.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic result, but there was very little quality on show.

I agree. We weren't very good today but they were poorer and despite DA negative tactics of trying to shut up shop and drop deep once again, Toums got him out of jail.

Massive result but overall not impressed with our play. Better teams will rip us apart but if we keep winning the 6 pointer games against the other carp teams we might escape by the skin of our teeth and be 5th from bottom but its not going to be an easy ride

#weneed4reallysh1tteams

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Do you really think you can get away so easily with changing your tune SamJones? You made it quite clear, recently indeed in upper case ( apparently for the “hard of thinking, which is how you arrogantly treat your fellow Argyle fans on this board) “ Doomed Relegation”.
To even now talk of not being relegated is inconsistency; having made your statement quite clearly, please stick to it. You’re painful anyway, but please don’t “slip & slide” & wriggle away from your declared statement.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PAFC Norfolk":1or8o1g7 said:
Biggs, are you still denying the statements on BBc text as it happened

Briefly, Argyle 1-0, substitution of striker for defensive midfielder, Equaliser, almost last minute winner.

Erm... no.

To quote myself verbatim ‘there is absolutely no point whatsoever in analysing a game from BBC text’.

‘Analysing’ being the crucial word there. It’s easy to apply a cause and effect to key events on paper (or BBC text :silent:), when in reality it may not have happened that way at all.

The goal Gillingham scored was from a long punt upfield from an Argyle attack that broke down, whether that was because of the defensive substitution is very far from obvious.

I still have no idea what the ‘f*ck you’ was for, but never mind.