Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Gillingham)

Aug 5, 2016
nick_PASTIE":l4ymlun9 said:
Great summary there Mark, thank you.

Spot on about Toums saving his skin but we need to go into Jan out of bottom four and then have the best transfer window trading ever to stay in this division.
What do you mean, Toums 'saved him'. It's his player and his signing!

Everyone talking about the miracle required to stay up. We've got more momentum than five out of the current bottom six.

Doom and gloom in all directions. No grit or character in the fan base, just whinging, moaning and blaming.

Good job the manager and players don't surrender like some supporters as we'd have no hope with some of you shouldering any responsibility.

I bet supporters of other clubs in the mire read our forums with wonder at the grief the management get when we're on the up and they have stalled.

Doncaster are now only three points ahead of us, a good gauge of a promoted side who didn't spend all kinds of money on new players.

Maybe you should stop expecting the earth out from Derek Adams and his modestly assembled football team and give them all some support.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jespafc":x1akab53 said:
Late goal papers over the cracks. Two very poor teams and if we play like this week in week out I see nothing but L2 football next season. Sorry.

Watched a different game to me then. I thought both teams played a good game and neither will go down. It's all about opinions.

Northampton Town, now that IS a basket case.

Aug 5, 2016
Biggs":lmsm3wwj said:
11th in form table over last 10 games, 7th in form table over last 6 games. Now only in the drop zone on goal difference. With a transfer window coming up.

We’re getting better and it would now be a surprise if we did go down, surely.

Some people don't see it that way, and if you refer to form, facts, or logic, you get accused by Balham Green of being a nerd who analyses data.

10 games is half of the season so far, so if we are 11th over that period it shows our trajectory is headed for midtable, only counter balanced by a horrific first ten games.

In Derek Adams we trust.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Thought Gillingham were by far the better side, particularly in the second half, and we won that is a miracle really.

The new keeper was very good, made three top drawer saves in the second half.

Although I thought Luke was available now? Or has he got injured again?

Diogoraga did well to get the goal had maybe his best game for Argyle.

If Jervis could finish we could have been two or three nil up at half time.

Grant had an excellent game but again finishing let him down.

Good to have Taylor back and definitely made a difference. We really missed him earlier in the season.

But Gillingham were very very good and the further the game went on the better they got.

Good entertaining game to watch, pretty enjoyable.

Also denied a clear penalty in the second half.

Overall I am happy with that, we are much improved from the start of the season but we still can work on things to get better. On that performance and resilience shown I think we can stay up.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Biggs":wqevmdal said:
11th in form table over last 10 games, 7th in form table over last 6 games. Now only in the drop zone on goal difference. With a transfer window coming up.

Averaging 1.5 points over last 10 games.

Project that to the end of the season (and why not? Last 10 games is surely the best current form guide) and that equates to total of 57+ points. Last season that would have left us around 15th.

Mid table mediocrity. I'll settle for that.

Apr 19, 2008
Cornwall
I really don't understand some people's opinions. But fair enough I will listen to them.

This team might not ooze quality but we cannot doubt their committment, character, fight, togetherness and team spirit. They are certainly playing for their manager. It would make no sense to sack the manager! Let's face it, we haven't got the players to go out and attack the opposition for 90 minutes, so the tactics we employ are sensible. Not exciting or pretty to watch, but likely to keep us in this division.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Since the Fleetwood game and the players post match inquest we've picked up 15 points from a possible 27, losing just two games from nine and one of those was when we had 10 players.

The post Fleetwood team is a completely different team to the team that played the first 12 games of the season. That team would have lost today.
Same players, different mindset.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
As if to highlight the bizarre nature of supporters saying we should have been 2 or 3 up at half time yet Gillingham were the better team?

Jeez it's to frustrating to read some of the sheer turd that gets written on here. There is a clear formula in place. It's not pretty it not entertaining but the last dozen games are probably proof that it's effective.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":6a8dluc5 said:
Two poor teams on an off day. We edged it. Adams did his best to turn a positive into a negative by his substitution and tacticswhen we were looking ok. Still can’t decide about Edwards. Dave saved us with a bizarre slow motion goal and we may have got a decision where ball could have been over line ...wait for MM’s. Despite the result I feel a little less confident tonight. That was near in our strongest team and boy did we huff and puff.

It has been stated on numerous occasions that Diagouraga dislikes "Dave", disrespectful to keep using it, his preferred is Toums as a diminutive.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Knibbsworth":1k974op2 said:
Biggs":1k974op2 said:

Some people don't see it that way, and if you refer to form, facts, or logic, you get accused by Balham Green of being a nerd who analyses data.

10 games is half of the season so far, so if we are 11th over that period it shows our trajectory is headed for midtable, only counter balanced by a horrific first ten games.

In Derek Adams we trust.

Okay, let’s refer to form then, 11th over last ten and 7th over last six. Whilst I don’t know the previous listing for the last ten a couple of weeks ago you guys were shouting about being 5th over the last 6 games. So 7th is better or worse than before?

Just an observation in response to the continuing complaints about playing one up front and sitting too deep after scoring. I've been stuck in London for the past month, and during that time have watched games involving Charlton, Wimbledon, Fulham, Birmingham, QPR and Brentford. EVERY one of these teams played with one up front, until supported by wing-backs, and EVERY home team played too deep in the last 15 minutes (according to their supporters around me), when they were defending a one goal lead.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Well done to all today. When we were pulled back I seriously expected a Gillingham win and the 3 points will be invaluable going forward.

Another 2 or 3 wins to get us above the relegation zone and I may start believing.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
mervyn":2qmpigux said:
Just an observation in response to the continuing complaints about playing one up front and sitting too deep after scoring. I've been stuck in London for the past month, and during that time have watched games involving Charlton, Wimbledon, Fulham, Birmingham, QPR and Brentford. EVERY one of these teams played with one up front, until supported by wing-backs, and EVERY home team played too deep in the last 15 minutes (according to their supporters around me), when they were defending a one goal lead.

And that attitude is borne from the national side downwards.

It just breeds a lack of confidence to go the re-assured win, against losing what we have, we keep. This can bite you on the butt more often than not if not more positive. If you are on top, stay on top in a game. The last England games shows that, which is why I don't watch them anymore.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Ade the green":1lrrhh2l said:
Well done to all today. When we were pulled back I seriously expected a Gillingham win and the 3 points will be invaluable going forward.

Another 2 or 3 wins to get us above the relegation zone and I may start believing.

Hallelujah !

To be fair , two very evenly matched teams today .
Taylor made a huge difference to us . Confidence can only grow now .

Apr 29, 2016
PAFC Norfolk":2lu5w2pn said:
Didn.t go to game.

A negative sub resulting in an oppostion goal.

Rescued by midfielder, Adams be more positive for everybodys sake.

What a stupid comment from someone who admits he wasn’t at the game!