Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth)

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Reubin has been in a similar position before with Rotherham, he was scoring lots of goals and moved to WBA, goals dried up hence Yeovil then Argyle.
The only team I worry about is a short time measure for the club is that Sheffield United are in a situation that they could come hunting.
Our player and would command a decent fee. :scarf:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
PL2 3DQ":6cw64ott said:
Just perfect, the best team performance for a long time.

Kellett and Mellor were just superb on the wings and in defence.
Spot on
Remember Reid has been up the leagues before and didn't quite make it. Also the clubs who need strikers are normally those near the bottom of the tables. Why would Reid even consider joining a team stuggling in Lge 1 or even the Championship. (apart from money)
Yeovil could do with a striker :whistle:

Mar 20, 2008
Great performance - really pleased to see Lewi looking like he wa back to his best form of last season. Thought it was really important psychologically for the team to put in a good performance after last week and losing Bobby Reid - the team definitely delivered on that

Jun 8, 2014
HarlHM":3gfzmlz6 said:
That first half was the best 45 minutes of football I've seen Argyle play for... well... ages.

McCormick - 8
Nelson - 8
McHugh - 8
Hartley - 8
Mellor - 9
Kellett - 8
O'Connor - 8
Cox - 7
Blizzard - 8
Reid - 9
Alessandra - 9

That's how I saw it. 5's all round for the subs as well, Smalley did nothing so not sure how he's got himself so,e 7's. Like MG said, if that had been Banton he would have been slaughtered post-match.

Apr 28, 2013
Agree with the starting line up scores, all above 8. However, Morgan, Harvey and Smalley shouldn't get more than 3. Do us a favour Sheridan and get some reserves who can actually play football!

May 22, 2006
CFG":1d5dgxec said:
Who were the pundits/ commentators on sky? What did they make of us?

In the five mins before kick off, Guy Branson was the pundit. Got introduced and then went straight to the two mins silence! He then said he thoroughly expected Argyle to win comfortably as Pompey defence was poor.

At the end they went straight to the rugby without any analysis or review of the match.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
really very proud of the club this evening.we totally outplayed pompey and they didn't register a worthy shot on target.i f i could vote eight man of the match players i would but for me anthony o'connor.he bossed the midfield from start to finish and never put a foot wrong all match,for people of my generation(old codger) think the kaiser franz beckenbauer.a magnificent midfield maestro performance.well done to everybody concerned. :clap:

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Probably the best I've seen us play this season, was delighted to see the players rise to the occasion. Whilst the 1st half was full of attacking intent, let us not be fooled into believing that the 2nd half was below par. Whilst still creating good chances, Pompey did see a lot more of the ball. However, they still failed to create any meaningful chances which is a testament to our outstanding defending.

McCormick-7: Only forced into making one decent save and catching generally good as always.
Mellor-9: For a big man his attacking ability is surprisingly fantastic. His magic feet were vital in 2 of our goals and his defensive work wasn't too shabby either. It's quite amazing how we probably never would've signed him should Berry have signed that contract!
Nelson-9: Fantastic in the tackle and brought the ball out of defence with assurance many times. Class act.
McHugh-8: Gritty in the tackle.
Hartley-9: Complete contrast from Wednesday, distribution was great and unbeatable in the air.
Kellett-8: Defensive work needs work but his attacking presence and positivity down the left hand flank was vital.
O'Connor-9 (MOTM): The complete defensive midfield performance. Constantly winning the ball back in all kinds of positions and an incredible range of passing. We really need to concentrate all our efforts into getting him permanently.
Cox-7: Didn't always display great vision but put in a good performance defensively.
Blizzard-8: Actually filled the Bobby Reid role very well, first half he was everywhere, tired a bit in the 2nd half but nonetheless a great performance.
Reid-9: Hold up play was so good and a great finish for his second.
Alessandra-8: Constantly a menace to the Pompey defence with his directness and running and deserved the goal.

Sep 23, 2005
pastiesforlife":1ecvby92 said:
CFG":1ecvby92 said:
Who were the pundits/ commentators on sky? What did they make of us?

In the five mins before kick off, Guy Branson was the pundit. Got introduced and then went straight to the two mins silence! He then said he thoroughly expected Argyle to win comfortably as Pompey defence was poor.

At the end they went straight to the rugby without any analysis or review of the match.

True but the commentary team of Gary Weaver and David Prutton were generally very complimentary. I liked " the tide is turning for this proud football club and proud city". Love it :)

Apr 30, 2011
tom16pafc":3p3p3ngk said:
Agree with the starting line up scores, all above 8. However, Morgan, Harvey and Smalley shouldn't get more than 3. Do us a favour Sheridan and get some reserves who can actually play football!

OMG. FFS.