Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth)

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I thought it was a clear penalty at the time and I still think it was having seen the replays.

Storey clattered into the back of Alessandra's right leg and, thereby, caused him to fall over. I think it is irrelevant whether Alessandra placed his leg in front of Storey (deliberately to draw the foul or otherwise). Alessandra was in front of Storey and entitled to move his body in any direction he chose. Storey was too close and couldn't avoid tripping Alessandra up. That is simply bad defending however you look at it and he obviously brought Alessandra down in the penalty area. Ergo it was a penalty.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gary_Wills":cbijih09 said:
So, cheating is fine as long as you benefit from it.
Sums football up.

i've asked before and I ask again.

Do you attend ANY football matches?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I think we should contact the FL and give the points to Pompey.

C

Cobi Budge.

Gary_Wills":2be290tz said:
Sums football up.

Yes.

It's hypocritical because we are bias football fans but...

Would you rather we won an important game by diving for a last minute penalty or lost/draw?

I agree with the above posters, should certainly ask the FA to strip our points and give them to Pompey. :roll:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
If we cheated then it doesn't seem to have been observed by The Chichester Observer? Very fair assessment by them.

Lewis put his foot across in order to keep possession and, hopefully, get a strike on goal, a proper defender would have been cautious and backed off, their player was not a proper defender, did not back off, penalty!! :scarf:

Life ban for Lewis for trying to keep the ball in their box?? cheating get!! :lol:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":21xka0kz said:
Gary_Wills":21xka0kz said:
Sums football up.

Yes.

It's hypocritical because we are bias football fans but...

Would you rather we won an important game by diving for a last minute penalty or lost/draw?

I agree with the above posters, should certainly ask the FA to strip our points and give them to Pompey. :roll:

You forget, Gary here doesn't believe in football results or some such nonsense :thumbs:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":3hihp9ck said:
I thought it was a clear penalty at the time and I still think it was having seen the replays.

Storey clattered into the back of Alessandra's right leg and, thereby, caused him to fall over. I think it is irrelevant whether Alessandra placed his leg in front of Storey (deliberately to draw the foul or otherwise). Alessandra was in front of Storey and entitled to move his body in any direction he chose. Storey was too close and couldn't avoid tripping Alessandra up. That is simply bad defending however you look at it and he obviously brought Alessandra down in the penalty area. Ergo it was a penalty.

It is all very much down to interpretation especially when it comes to tripping.

In MY opinion a defender who initiates a movement that trips an attacker commits an offence but where an attacker by his own movement trips over a defender's leg/foot which just happens to be there, no foul is committed because the defender hasn't done anything other than simply being in the way and is perfectly entitled to be in the way.

It is like when you trip whilst running up the stairs. It isn't the stairs at fault that you tripped and if the stairs were a defender, no free kick/penalty would be awarded.

No blame to the referee here though. He gave the pen in his honest opinion having seen it once and at full speed. The most important line in the Laws of the Game is "in the opinion of the referee." There is no mention of "in the opinion of Sky Sports" or "in the opinion of the Home Park faithful" or even "in the opinion of Lundan Cabbie"

No matter how bad we may feel that any decision may be, the laws say he is always right.

Mar 29, 2011
I gave away a penalty on Saturday as the striker ran past, lost possession by kicking it out for a goal kick, then kicked his trailing legs into me to force contact. This isn't what Alessandra did.

He tried to do what looked like a step over at the same time at Shorey was attempting to kick the ball. He was slightly off balance as he was halfway through changing direction so a slight touch would be enough to be tripped. He did continue to play on which shows he wasn't looking for it.

Contact isn't always a foul, people need to remember that, however I do feel that on this occasion, although a soft penalty, it says it all in the description!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Let it go! No matter how much we debate the rights and wrongs of it at the end of the season the record will still show Plymouth Argyle 3 (Reid 2 (1 pen) and Allessandra) Portsmouth 0.

Oct 24, 2010
For me it was a nailed on penalty. Allesandra got between Shorey and the ball and Shorey made a challenge from behind, any contact in those circumstances and it's a penalty. OK Allesandra made the most of it but in today's football what striker wouldn't?