Brief Synopsis!!! ( Portsmouth) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! ( Portsmouth)

Feb 15, 2005
If the roles reversed then wouldn't our fans cheer if Luton had denied the blue bellies promotion!!

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Luke was nervy but no to blame for the goal as he was going to collet when Songoo deflected it into his knees

Feb 2, 2007
Well done Green Army today, I watched on Sky Go but a great effort and I can't wait to be at Home Park on Monday with the family- first shot to seal it with it "in our hands"

Aug 5, 2009
buck197":2ffx094k said:
If the roles reversed then wouldn't our fans cheer if Luton had denied the blue bellies promotion!!

No. Not if it hindered our own hopes

May 22, 2006
buck197":3w170n0y said:

A win for Orient would have been superb for both teams.

This just seems like turkeys voting for Christmas. Very odd. Yeah, we didn't clinch it at their backyard but still.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
chave":hixrie81 said:
Draw a fair result, sitting in the Fratton End half and hour after the game cheering Luton on was one of the more surreal things I've experienced at football. We're both going up, and we both deserve to.

Can you just explain why you are cheering Luton on when they are one of only two teams that can deny you promotion?? :crazy:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Verte":3aji07h4 said:
Is it me or did Sarcevic do very little?

He didn't have a good game but he didn't deserve a '1' from Steve Evans. He put in some effort but was less effective than most of our team but that would be the sort of extreme mark he might have got from Steve's namesake, the Mansfield manager.

Perhaps, a '5'.

Oct 31, 2015
Travelling back and stopped for food at the Botany.
Good day all in all to be honest.
First half we were fsntastic and deserved the lead. I thought the PFKs were rattled. Songo and Fox were the stand out but the full backs were strong as well. Luke nervous and dropped a couple but the Blue bellies were giving him grief. Fantastic cross by Sawyer and header by Jervis which seemed the only thing he did all game?
Second half no Sonny and nerves were jangling. We sat deep and gave the ball away too much. Pompey pushed hard and had an awful lot of the ball. Although their goal was a defensive cock up they deserved a draw. We wete quieter second half as a crowd but tried to lift the team.

Real odd at the end waiting for the Hatters score and once they equalised it all fell a bit flat.

A good day and one point needed. It would be nice to do it on Monday but Newport are now on a run.

Nearly thete

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Refreshing and honest account from the Pompey manger after today's game.

Sep 6, 2006
Mike Charlick":18taojcz said:
Verte":18taojcz said:
Is it me or did Sarcevic do very little?

Ran around a lot. Bit like Mo Farah. Touched the ball about as much.

I thought he was very poor. Seems to get worse every game. Not sure what he offers. He is certainly not the ball winner we need in Midfield. Credit to the rest of the team for grinding out a result because we were carrying him and 1 or 2 others hardly got a touch. Songo superb.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2dyp23ep said:
The wait goes on.

We had the better of the first half and should have been two or three goals up but sat back for the second half and conceded the equaliser when McCormick again fumbled the ball.
In the end we had just 33% of possession but a point against a very average Portsmouth team is ok.

The pitch was heavily watered before the game and the Argyle players were slipping everywhere, maybe it was a ploy to catch us out with Pompey players wearing longer studs and the Argyle players wearing shorter studs.

Jervis took his goal well but didn't do much else, Sawyer was targeted by Pompey and was only finally helped by Kennedy when Adams had a word with him.

Sarcevic had one of his better games and Songo'o was man of the match. McCormick fumbled three saves with one costing a goal.

Bradley was injured early in the game but carried on, he returned for the second half with his leg strapped however after warming up he couldn't continue and was replaced by Sokolik before the second half started.
It would be a shame if Bradley missed the final promotion games.

The atmosphere throughout the game was superb, although it was also a game of phone apps and league table updates.

There was a strange symmetry with this game and the Orient game at Home Park - the same ref, Bradley getting injured and them waiting for Orient to beat Luton today.

With Orient winning almost every Argyle fan stayed on the stadium, the atmosphere was terrific. The players stayed on the pitch for a while before leaving for the dressing room.

The directors came out onto the pitch to thank the fans.

Once Luton equalised the mood changed and fans started to drift away. Sky killed the usual promotion excitement with the early kick-off.

Nevermind we'll do it on Monday.

Manof the Match Songo'o.

McCormick 5, Threlkeld 7, Songo'o, Bradley 7, Sawyer 7, Fox 7, Sarcevic 7, Carey 6, Jervis 6, Kennedy 6, Taylor 5. Subs Sokolik 6, Smith 6, Tanner n/a.

Where do your '2 or 3 goals' come from 1st half? And what did Sarcevic do to deserve a 7? Just asking like! I think I am right in saying we have had 3 shots on target in last 2 games and scored with all of them!

Aug 15, 2008
i very rarely say negative things about my team. but as i thought Sarcevic did very little. i asked to make sure i was not being harsh. every player performed to his mandate today bar Antoni. i hope it was just a bad day for him.

Special mentions for Sawyer, Oscar and Songoo. they all played great. Thought Fox was good, Carey was more out than in of the game. Kennedy had good first half. Luke looked wobbly at times.

But its all moot as we are going up!!!!