Brief Synopsis!!! (Weymouth) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Weymouth)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Balham_Green":11lbhjyc said:
Knarf Reprah":11lbhjyc said:
Nah preseason is an excuse for little children like BG to wind us all up

You show me where I have written us off. Show the quotes. You won't be able to. I'm waiting. Get your facts right before making statements because its you who looks childish. You are a good example of someone who never grows up despite their age.

Irony:
A literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
DartingtonPilgrim":zdy3d04x said:
Balham_Green":zdy3d04x said:
DartingtonPilgrim":zdy3d04x said:
Well BG , we're currently in League 2 so as a minimum we need capable League 2 players , if some of them like Carey prove to be very good in League 2 , we should be in and around the promotion places .

Carey's not a zLeague 2 player though is he? Lets hope we have a few o his ilk rather than league 2 players.

He was last season and he will be at the beginning of this season unless we sell him.
What he means is Carey is in a league below where his talent should be on show!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think he said he was a very good league 2 player, which he is. Did we receive any offers for him from higher league clubs? I think most of the players need to be good league 2 players with several capable of being good league 1 players but as long as Adams can fashion a team that is greater than the sum of it's parts then great and we should be thereabouts. He has had a full season to work out what is required and a full pre season to prepare the squad he has assembled. It seems bigger and stronger and has a couple of experienced heads which we lacked last season. Individually I am not too excited by some of the new arrivals but at least they are our players rather than temporary loanees and it doesn't take much to spark things off sometimes. If Spencer and Goodwillie can strike up a potent understanding for example, perhaps that could be the catalyst? I am hopeful and like to believe Adams has learnt a lot from last season's experience at this level. No excuses this time, anything less than top 3 is failure in my book.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
pedro91":1ser7a42 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":1ser7a42 said:
Balham_Green":1ser7a42 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":1ser7a42 said:
Well BG , we're currently in League 2 so as a minimum we need capable League 2 players , if some of them like Carey prove to be very good in League 2 , we should be in and around the promotion places .

Carey's not a zLeague 2 player though is he? Lets hope we have a few o his ilk rather than league 2 players.

He was last season and he will be at the beginning of this season unless we sell him.
What he means is Carey is in a league below where his talent should be on show!

I know what he means, however Carey is still a League 2 player at the moment. It is also possible that some or all of our new signings may prove to be playing below their natural level this season , the fact that some posters are judging them as poor signings already, before the season has started is somewhat odd.

May 17, 2012
Mods, can you make sure these threads are kept for comments on the game so the children can take their point scoring elsewhere ? Thanks !