Brief Synopsis (Wimbledon) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Wimbledon)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Just need that man up top

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Great win and good to see the lads fighting but its far from confident free flowing football still. I know we are a patched up team due to injuries but still struggle to see where ( apart from GC ) the goals are coming from.
Toums arrival just highlights how ineffective Ness and Sarcevic have been and I don't think the big guy is even fit or playing particularly well yet.

Its going to be a long old season if all the games are like this but at least we have another win and seem to have halted the slide for the time being

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
samjones":8dmo1e15 said:
Great win and good to see the lads fighting but its far from confident free flowing football still. I know we are a patched up team due to injuries but still struggle to see where ( apart from GC ) the goals are coming from.
Toums arrival just highlights how ineffective Ness and Sarcevic have been and I don't think the big guy is even fit or playing particularly well yet.

Its going to be a long old season if all the games are like this but at least we have another win and seem to have halted the slide for the time being

You shouldn't really care what the football is like when you're bottom, it's all about getting the 3 points. We certainly aren't one of the most.technically gifted sides in the league but the lads give everything and that's paid off over the last 3 games. Burnley are similar. Not entertaining but do enough year on year to survive in the premier league. If we can replicate them with the effort, desire and a little more application, we'll be alright. How we play should be bottom of the list this season from now on, the all important 3 points is top of the list.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Mark_Smith":2dkw11ju said:
Forgot to mention that I'm looking forward to the highlights to see the Fox chance again.
A few minutes from the end he seemed clear with just the keeper to beat, but chipped over the bar when a prod either side would have made for a more relaxed end to the game. But maybe other angles will show it differently.

They won't it was a shocking effort should have wrapped up the points. That said, Foxy played his part in a good team performance starring Carey, Songo'o with honourable mentions for the back 5 and I am loving Toumani's presence in the mid.

Aug 5, 2016
samjones":39qdlmea said:

Diagouraga is to all intents and purposes a Championship level player. It's harsh to judge two players without his height and composure by his standards, who haven't played at the level he has.

Toums is clearly not a League One scrapper and I'm certain he will drag us out of the mire with his quality. He is the kind of composed leader others look up to in the middle of the park that we've needed for many a season.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1s8wyvsm said:
samjones":1s8wyvsm said:

Diagouraga is to all intents and purposes a Championship level player. It's harsh to judge two players without his height and composure by his standards, who haven't played at the level he has.

Toums is clearly not a League One scrapper and I'm certain he will drag us out of the mire with his quality. He is the kind of composed leader others look up to in the middle of the park that we've needed for many a season.

Fully agree with all of that. I think also with DA playing a more defensive midfield 3 helps Carey as he think his better position is coming in off the wings.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
kingobadingo":20td96rm said:
So chuffed.

Jervis was superb today and Songo’o was a rock protecting the back four.

The last minute was so tense, especially with I think miller throwing his head on the floor to block a shot. Players are fighting for each other.

Funny isn't it ? DA criticised by some at the start of the matchday thread for playing Jervis up front and taking Songo'o out of defence. Managers in the making ....

Aug 5, 2016
Frank_Butcher":1mit9iw7 said:
kingobadingo":1mit9iw7 said:
So chuffed.

Jervis was superb today and Songo’o was a rock protecting the back four.

The last minute was so tense, especially with I think miller throwing his head on the floor to block a shot. Players are fighting for each other.

Funny isn't it ? DA criticised by some at the start of the matchday thread for playing Jervis up front and taking Songo'o out of defence. Managers in the making ....

Things DA has been criticised for on here in the last few days:
Bringing in another keeper when we've got Michael Cooper (who made two or three good saves on Tuesday so is therefore a capable League One keeper in every department).
Taking the in form Songo'o into midfield when he should be in defence.
Playing Jervis up front when he's awful there, and Blissett who is better is on the bench.

All three decisions quite vital to a desperately fought 3 points.

Posters are far quicker to kick the manager in the ribs for not doing what they would have, than to begrudgingly acknowledge he got a few decisions right.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
A great "team" performance.
Songo, Jervis & Carey outstanding.
The new Goalie made a fantastic save tipping the ball into the crossbar to keep us the lead with 10 mins? to go.
Why do we sit back when we take the lead, we had it in the bag always looking in control, then sat back, brought Miller on (WTF) & then hardly got back into their half as they came on to us wave after wave. Wimbledon then had at least 3 good chances in the last 10 mins, not having had 1 the whole game before.
Considering all the players changes, that was an excellent team performance, all involved should take credit.
Crummy ground, glad the real Wimbledon will be getting a new ground soon, more befitting their history.

Sep 25, 2010
Except for a couple of posters, I thought Songo'o was absolutely immense today
Never lost a tackle or header, and gave 100%, what a season he is having.

Followed closely by Carey and Diagouraga

Apr 29, 2016
samjones":3dn47wuf said:

You fail to see where the goals are come by from? The stupidest of comments when Grant scored today!

Sep 23, 2005
Mark_Smith":3qlgnvkr said:
Forgot to mention that I'm looking forward to the highlights to see the Fox chance again.
A few minutes from the end he seemed clear with just the keeper to beat, but chipped over the bar when a prod either side would have made for a more relaxed end to the game. But maybe other angles will show it differently.

Still looks an awful miss from the highlights. What was he thinking?