Brief synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Mar 9, 2011
There were only two things I saw today that deserve any credit... Hourihane's goal and Luke McCormick (during the pre match warm up) jumping the gate to go up to a supporter in block four, to apologise for unintentionally hitting the supporter in his face when he kicked the ball at goal. He was deservedly applauded by the fans for doing this.

As to the rest :furious:

Dec 29, 2011
Living in Wimbledon this game means more to me than most .That is 3 seasons on the bounce(3 different Argyle managers) that we have been outwitted tactically by 3 different Wimbledon managers.The lack of passion in this team defies belief at times.We get the fabulous team spirit rammed down our throat by John Harbin in his programme column each week.It is one thing showing it in a swimming pool or on a10 pin bowling alley,and another on a football pitch .This set of players and management are really annoying me at present .Who the hell is going to buy a 2014/2015 season ticket now the early bird offer is over .What incentive is there with this bunch of no-hopers .

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Sue Pollard":2c2bumhj said:
There were only two things I saw today that deserve any credit... Hourihane's goal and Luke McCormick (during the pre match warm up) jumping the gate to go up to a supporter in block four, to apologise for unintentionally hitting the supporter in his face when he kicked the ball at goal. He was deservedly applauded by the fans for doing this.

As to the rest :furious:
Tell you what when Sue is mad the players had better look out. I saw her putting a brick in her handbag :lol:

PilgrimJosh":1xwhfn87 said:
Player Ratings:

Cole - 5 - Should have come off his line but rarely are 1 on 1s missed so not his fault really.
Blizzard - 2 - Not good at all.
Wotton - 1 - Just retire, it's time.
Nelson - 3 - Shaky, not himself I didn't think but then look at the other two.
Gurrieri - 2 - Poor all round, didn't get going.
Parsons - 1 - I like him but clearly wasn't fit and didn't look mentally prepared at all.
Hourihane - 6 - Worked hard, ran his socks off and one of only two players that looked like doing anything.
Young - 3 - Poor, unusually careless with the ball.
Banton - 6 - Never seen him work so hard or fight in the air or tackle and chase after balls. It didn't all pay off for him today but good signs and proof there really is a player in there. Think it shows that he is willing to be a team player and that he loves the club, still needs a bit more fitness but whole of pre-season for that.
Alessandra - 2 - Anonymous.
Reid - 3 - Tried but with little effect.

Blanchard - 3 - Meh.
Showumni - 2 - Surely only put on for comical value??
Morgan - 2 - - Assuming he was put on to take the pee out of the fans?

All in all, not a proud day to be a pilgrim.
Surely these ratings have got to be a bit exaggerated to take the pee?

I wouldn't ever give a 3 to someone who was 'meh'. That's bad.

Awful performance. Hardly created a chance.

PLAYER RATINGS:
Cole - 4/10 - Didn't exude any authority. Usually like him but a poor, timid game.

Blizzard - 3 - He's not cut out for it in midfield and he's worse at centre-half. Quite literally offers nothing - doesn't win 50-50s, too slow and not quick enough in the mind. At fault for the second goal. Get rid.
Wotton - 2 - Showing that he's a bit past it now. At fault for both the goals. Can't pass.
Nelson - 6 - Granted, I've seen him play better but didn't think he was as dodgy as everyone was saying. A little shaky on the ball but he was doing three people's work at centre-back and carried it out adequately. A good partner or two must be found in the summer.

Gurrieri - 3 - Worked really hard...... that's about it.
Young - 4 - Used the ball decently as always when he got it, but he was a bit of a passenger today.
Banton - 5 - Tried nice and hard, pressed from the front but didn't ultimately get involved or create enough in an attacking sense, for me. Showed that he can be good with a full pre-season under his belt.
Hourihane - 6 (MotM) - Worked hard as ever and a great strike for the goal. Some decent passes but didn't drive the team on enough.
Parsons - 4 - He looks short on confidence and fitness. Play Purrington this season and prepare Parsons for next campaign. There's a very good player in there.

Reid - 5 - Worked hard but not much end product. First touch deserted him too often.
Alessandra - 5 - Quite similar to Reid, a lot of huff and puff but not much blowing the house down.

SUBSTITUTES:
Blanchard - 5 - Didn't do much.
Showunmi - 4 - Doesn't win enough headers and missed a sitter towards the end.
Morgan - 4 - Not good enough, get rid.

Sep 23, 2005
Cornish Chris":1h4cljv8 said:
I like Gurrieri's attitude, but unfailingly clapping the fans after every defeat doesn't disguise the fact he's a very ordinary footballer.
Harsh to judge him on current form. Along with Young, Alessandra, Parsons and even Hourihane and Reid so many of the team are way below par of late.
Seems like a massive loss of confidence.

Oct 24, 2010
It was a typical meaningless end of season game, made even more meaningless as, if the manager is to be believed, most of the team won't be here next season. We gave away an awful second goal - both Blizzard and Cole were badly at fault and Wotton's lack of pace was exposed - when we were at last playing some decent football and getting on top. Overall yet another disappointing performance. Hopefully Sheridan and his team can get their act together next season and things improve.

Oct 24, 2010
r4h4al":1osun1m3 said:
alessandra 0 awful game from a less than average player.get rid.
really, get rid of arguably our best player this season?
I wouldn't say he is our best player, he doesn't see a pass quick enough and takes too many touches, but a decent striker at this level.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lewis is one of the bright spots of this season, and we haven't had that many.

Great little player in this and the division above (I suspect).

C

Cobi Budge.

Plenty are moaning about Showunmi and Morgan, while neither are the best, we only started to look threatening when they came on, like it or not they gave the AFCW defenders a challenge at last. We seemed to develop a game plan when they came on, get the ball in to the box as often as possible.

Sep 23, 2005
Yes agreed about Alessandra being one of our highlights, some have instant recall for any bad performances from weeks ago but good ones seem to be blanked out very quickly.