Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just read that, what planet is that is that idiot on?

'Too many bookings'??? They fouled Banton 9 times in about 30 minutes, not a single card, as for the time wasting and the fake injuries.

I'm quite relieved in a way, I haven't had a 'dislike' team since Luton came to town, so these fill the gap nicely.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
After a coming to between Morgan and Reid during the warm up,i thought Reid might not have been able to play,but they both eventually got to their feet and Reid was limping for about 5 minutes before he was able to run properly

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":1xjv55do said:
Just read that, what planet is that is that idiot on?

'Too many bookings'??? They fouled Banton 9 times in about 30 minutes, not a single card, as for the time wasting and the fake injuries.

I'm quite relieved in a way, I haven't had a 'dislike' team since Luton came to town, so these fill the gap nicely.

It's about time John Sheridan opened his gob to the media a lot more. I still think the officials when officiating at Plymouth games are at best biased and at worst draw your own conclusions. In the Herald there is a picture of Lewis Alessandra being elbowed in the face possibly the incident that needed stitches. It didn't even warrant stopping play in the officials eyes. Even the linesman who should have seen it didn't flag the incident. I remember Chadders having a straight red for that in the past.

Apr 9, 2011
MannameadGreen":2myrv7sm said:
Stevenage were the sort of dirty, nasty team that lower-league football has become (in)famous for. We played their game rather than making them play our game: poor performance generally. Got a bit better after the substitutes were introduced but the point flatters us.
Yes they won't win any friends &its to be hoped their brand of "football" is not rewarded come end of season. As for the ref we went from one extreme to the other. A premiership ref v Exeter who knew exactly what he was doing & had utmost respect from the players to one who was clueless at best.

Ratings:

McCormick - 7/10 - Solid enough when called upon, didn't have a lot of difficult stuff to deal with.

Mellor - 7 - A few slips but generally a good all-around game. Better defensively than in attack, should get forward a bit more for my liking.
Nelson - 7 - Usual, quiet, composed, good game - barring a few lapses in concentration.
Hartley - 5 - Think he's generally a good player but was quite poor tonight. Didn't seem steady on his feet and lost concentration too often. He was okay with the physical stuff but not brilliant. Very poor on the ball as well.
McHugh - 4 - Feels unfair criticising someone so obviously playing in a position outside his comfort zone. Purrington in please, leave McHugh to play centre-half.

Cox - 5 - Uncharacteristically poor game: looked unfit and a bit of a passenger. Some good tackles were thrown in however.
O'Connor - 6 - Good at winning the ball and picking up scraps in midfield but his passing was shocking.

Alessandra - 7 - Didn't have enough touches for me but he was dangerous when he did get some. Looked to take players on and often beat them, even if end product was sometimes lacking. Good game.
Harvey - 4 - Largely anonymous and too lightweight. It's to be expected of someone his age he'll mix the sublime (Exeter reportedly - I wasn't there) with the ridiculous (tonight).
Banton - 4 - Crap apart from one good shot. Tried to take too many players on at once, didn't pass, didn't show any bravery in challenging for loose balls.

Reid - 6 - Battled hard with little support, not helped by the fussy ref. Stood around with his hands on his hips too much though.

Subs:

Morgan - 5 - Worked his bollocks off; did bugger-all else but his long limbs and work rate make him an asset in the right role, ie. coming off the bench.
Allen - 7 - Positive after coming on, showed neat touches and saved us from oblivion with a tremendous tackle. Showed more in his cameo than any of our other so-called centre midfielders.
Smalley - 7 (MotM) - Won everything in the air, held it up and showed intelligence in his appearance. Not the best penalty but it counted. Had the most positive impact on us - he's not particularly tall but he's strong as an ox and leaps like a salmon so he wins a lot of headers. Marvin Morgan is about five inches taller but Smalley is better in the air

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mike Greening":1p805ihs said:
It's about time John Sheridan opened his gob to the media a lot more.

It's just not his style in my opinion.

He's a man of few words and just wants to get on with the footballing bit I suppose.

Not saying it's right or wrong Mike, just his way.

G

Greenskin

IJN":z85m9qsu said:
Mike Greening":z85m9qsu said:
It's about time John Sheridan opened his gob to the media a lot more.

It's just not his style in my opinion.

He's a man of few words and just wants to get on with the footballing bit I suppose.

Not saying it's right or wrong Mike, just his way.

What would be the point anyway? I don't think any words from Sheridan on referees would make an impact outside the local media or websites which deal specifically with Argyle matters.It's not as if he commands a nationwide audience a la Ferguson or Wenger,who undoubtedly used the media to put pressure on referees and authorities for their own ends-lets face it,who would have read the Stevenage report and Westley's comments on BBC sport if it hadn't directly affected Argyle? Paul Sturrock was always very careful never to criticise referees in post match interviews,didn't seem to do him much harm when winning this division in 2002.Anyway,Sheridan apparently opened his gob in a rather more direct fashion to Westley last night,best course of action by far.

Aug 15, 2008
I think that Sheridan is wise to keep his own counsel - your damned if you do and damned if you dont (speak in the media).

He told Westley to F off more than once. Thats all he needs to do.

Jun 8, 2014
Agree with Greenskin.

Nice to see Shez looking after our boys, he especially kicked off when the thing with Harvey and Westley happened. Don't blame him.

He's a darn sight more passionate than many people on here give him credit for.

Mar 23, 2008
Westley is a fool. Didn't shake Sheridans hand either I don't think. Not a big deal I know but a sign of the bad sportsmanship his teams portray.

W

Wilfredo

Dan Ellard":2puzwoiv said:
Cornish Chris":2puzwoiv said:
Plan A: smash the ball at Reuben Reid.
Plan B: see Plan A.

This.

Relieved with a point but we were incredibly lucky.

Sheridan again showing his complete and utter tactical incompetence.

Referee was utterly incompetent for both sides. Should have sent their player off for elbowing Alessandra in the head, should have sent Mellor off for deliberate handball when he was last man, and was it an Argyle hand for the penalty? Even if he got that last one right, he was utterly calamitous. Lost the plot.

McCormick 7 MOTM - Not at fault for the goal. That's about it.
Mellor 4 - where are these good ratings coming from? Still astonishingly cautious going forward, should have crossed and didn't a fair few times too.
Hartley 6 - Very good first half, not so good second.
Nelson 6 - Solid enough.
McHugh N/A - Not a flaming left-back Sheridan, everyone can see it, why not you?
Cox 5 - Been generous as he clearly wasn't fit.
O'Connor 7 - Tidy, used the ball well.
Harvey 6 - Too deep. His fault or Sheridan's I wonder?
Banton N/A - Maybe one day we'll learn to not have this very attacking minded player being played so deep he's forced back into his own half. Clueless manager.
Alessandra 6 - Worked hard, not a lot of end product.
Reid 6 - Isolated as hell but could have worked the channels better.

But despite not having a proper left-back or proper wingers, the weakest link in this squad is the manager. I am prepared to give John Sheridan 10 games this season before making any big "Sheridan Out/Sheridan In/Sheridan is God" statements, but right now I am not happy with what he is doing, despite having what looks like a pretty damn good squad at his disposal. 4 points from 3 games is an ok start but "ok" aint gonna cut it this season.

Agree with all this except, get rid of Sheridan now. He is clueless and won't change over 10 games

C

Cobi Budge.

Another thing, how many routines did the cheerleaders need to do? 2 before kick off and one at half time :facepalm: I don't know the first thing about dance, but I'm pretty sure they've got worse from last season, it's embarrassing also because they don't even get a round of applause, what is the point in them?

I respect that they are just girls who love dancing, I know a couple of them quite well, but I just continue to find it cringey to have slow, poor cheerleading on a cold evening in a stadium that is about a third full.

Now if they could get that Russian juggler guy to come back I'd be happy, that was excellent HT entertainment!

Jan 11, 2009
Did anyone else notice that their half time sub, having been told he was starting the second half, was being warmed up by one of their coaching staff. He promptly went and scored. He was probably therefore in the right frame of mind to enter the fray.