Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Nov 16, 2006
Cobi Budge.":1990eeea said:
It wasn't a poor performance, I just thought it was dull & lifeless at times, which is probably why HP was silent for 99% of the match, many seemed to just get a little bored.

3 points are what it's all about but this was a 1/10 for excitement or entertainment.

1/10? It wasn't constant edge of your seat stuff, granted, but you must've seen one hell of a lot of 0/10 excitement/entertainment games over the last 6 years if yesterday was 1/10. No excitement when Thomas ran at people? No excitement from 2 good goals? Or no excitement because you'd rather not let the facts get in the way of your desperation for us to get rid of the manager?

1985nhangingon

Green Neil":2rlo0q6o said:
Cobi Budge.":2rlo0q6o said:
It wasn't a poor performance, I just thought it was dull & lifeless at times, which is probably why HP was silent for 99% of the match, many seemed to just get a little bored.

3 points are what it's all about but this was a 1/10 for excitement or entertainment.

1/10? It wasn't constant edge of your seat stuff, granted, but you must've seen one hell of a lot of 0/10 excitement/entertainment games over the last 6 years if yesterday was 1/10. No excitement when Thomas ran at people? No excitement from 2 good goals? Or no excitement because you'd rather not let the facts get in the way of your desperation for us to get rid of the manager?
I make no secret of the fact I want Sheridan out,but yesterday although it wasnt pretty I thought the first half wasnt too bad and the last 20mins or so with Thomas attacking was pretty good,ive seen lots of worse games.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Green Neil":10ps0yt5 said:
Cobi Budge.":10ps0yt5 said:

I'd have to agree. Two goals, a very enjoyable player to watch in Nathan Thomas, two very good chances to Hartlepool and some other pretty good chances for one.

It won't be one that will live in the memory forever but I've seen many more drab games than that. Tuesday night the main example.

C

Cobi Budge.

Green Neil":2lc6t2ts said:
Cobi Budge.":2lc6t2ts said:

Where have I said Sheridan out? Nowhere.

Nov 16, 2006
Cobi Budge.":oap7gw2p said:
Green Neil":oap7gw2p said:
Cobi Budge.":oap7gw2p said:

Where have I said Sheridan out? Nowhere.

If I've got that wrong then I apologise, but when the majority of your recent posts bemoan the fact that in your opinion Sheridan doesn't care about the club or the fans and has 'no connection' to either, it wasn't an unreasonable assumption that you want him out.

C

Cobi Budge.

I've said for a long time now I'm torn because I actually don't think Sheridan is a bad manager, I just don't like the way he acts and no, I don't think he cares about club or fans.

I've been on the fence for about a year, I don't want him sacked, mainly because I don't think we'd bring in anyone better, probably just Wotton.

C

Cobi Budge.

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdeeM59V7c

Great finish that from Morgan. Crucial save from Luke just before the break. As for the Thomas goal, hard to tell from the highlights but he still looks a mile offside, brilliant composure though, if he'd have scored that chip just after it would have been a contender for goal of the season, what an attempt.

Mar 29, 2011
Cobi you may not have ever said Sheridan out but you comment on every thread with bad points about Sheridan. You never balance your argument to even sound neutral.

Who cares if it wasn't end to end action anyway, just an average game of football which we controlled on the whole.

P.s. You don't also have to attack every single time. Ball retention is important at times!

C

Cobi Budge.

Sheridan has good points and bad points, as I've said many a time I just don't enjoy having him at the club at all, doesn't mean to say I want him to be sacked.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
A good-enough performance against a poor Hartlepool side. Some of our attacking play was ok if a little unimaginative but Morgan was threatening to craft the sort of opportunity that eventually saw him score. We set out to then defend our lead and Hartlepool's ineptitude going forward made for bland viewing. Then Thomas came on and finally gave us a bit of excitement before Allessandra's in explicable (although not altogether unsurprising) miss rounded it all off. A good day at the office and three points.

Aug 29, 2008
Cobi Budge.":36fvnmaw said:
Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdeeM59V7c

Great finish that from Morgan. Crucial save from Luke just before the break. As for the Thomas goal, hard to tell from the highlights but he still looks a mile offside, brilliant composure though, if he'd have scored that chip just after it would have been a contender for goal of the season, what an attempt.

Thanks for the link. The highlights are further evidence that Luke McCormick is the primary reason why we have had a fairly good start to the season as opposed to a disastrous one. A truly great goalkeeper, and far too good for this league.

Hartlepool's kit is awful. Looks like they brought too dark a kit and had to wear bibs over the top.

C

Cobi Budge.

Yeah true. I do think we would have lost a few points (especially the ones at Luton) if Luke hadn't of stayed, Luke has actually improved from last season and that's saying something.

With no disrespect to Jake Cole, who was a top guy and professional, he's nothing on McCormick.

Could be playing in L1 or championship.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Jasa":2ui4clgx said:
Cobi you may not have ever said Sheridan out but you comment on every thread with bad points about Sheridan. You never balance your argument to even sound neutral.

Who cares if it wasn't end to end action anyway, just an average game of football which we controlled on the whole.

P.s. You don't also have to attack every single time. Ball retention is important at times!

If it was not for some of the points put forward by Cobi for debate this site would be less interesting. Further more I can assure anyone that at a certain age ball retention can be rather painful!