Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
The drum was excellent. Good team performance. Blizzard just gets MoM for me but everyone did their bit. B Reid is such a neat little player to watch but seemed to tire in the second half. Happy.

Jun 11, 2012
I think we should be beating them by 1 or 2 more. Still, it's another win, another clean sheet, and more momentum.

McCormick - 8/10
Nelson - 7/10
McHugh - 8/10
Hartley - 7/10
O'Connor - 7/10
Mellor - 6/10
Cox - 6/10
Blizzard - 7/10
B. Reid - 7/10
Alessandra - 8/10
R. Reid - 6/10

Smalley - 7/10
Morgan - 6/10

Quietly content. Definitely not getting carried away; there were a couple scary moments.

M

MikeN

Good game, enjoyed that. We're playing decent football at the moment and defending well. If we can just be a little sharper in front of goal, we will do very well indeed.

Nov 4, 2012
Steve Wooldridge":3bu44bf4 said:
Average performance, but 3 points is what matters. Not sure if the team are told to sit back second half, never mind. Still need to finish off games earlier when they are in control. But can't complain, better team effort than Shrewsbury.

Average?

I thought we were outstanding first half and resolute second half.

Jun 11, 2012
PAFC94":31x1eeva said:
Steve Wooldridge":31x1eeva said:
Average performance, but 3 points is what matters. Not sure if the team are told to sit back second half, never mind. Still need to finish off games earlier when they are in control. But can't complain, better team effort than Shrewsbury.

Average?

I thought we were outstanding first half and resolute second half.
I'm somewhere between your opinions. We were pretty good, but I think there's a lot of improvement still to be made.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Very good first half where we dominated and created enough chances to be 3 up TBH. Never expected us to play that well in the 2nd half and Carlisle adopted a different approach to the game to ensure we didn't.
Thought we got roughed up and bullied in the 2nd half and the ref did little to stop it with refusing to 2nd yellow card there big number 6 despite 5 consecutive fouls.

We dropped deep and it became a rear guard action to hang on and maybe nick a 2nd on the break.

It was screaming out for JS to change things as they kept rampaging past Blizzard down the left hand side and causing havoc and his reply was to take Reid off for Smalley ?.
Personally I would of put the new wing back on, move Mellor back on to his natural right side and swap O'Connor into midfield with Blizzard coming off ( he is just so one paced )

At half time I said I would be gutted if we didn't get all 3 pts after dominating and missing so many chances and at the end I was just grateful we hung on

Certainly a game of 2 halves but good that we rode our luck and dug out another result

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Awesome first half performance but despite the average second half performance there was only one team who looked liked winning it and that was us, our back 3 were immense today especially McHugh imo his header off the line was just as important as Alessandra's goal.

I still feel that we need to put away more of our chances because at some point one team is gonna punish us for it but I will take these 1-0 wins every day of the week if it gets us promoted, like everyone else will I'm sure unless people are expecting us to emulate Barcelona under Guardiola a few years ago.

Mar 18, 2006
Game should have been over before half time , but poor finishing let us down.
Defensively solid other than late scramble .
3 points .

Nov 2, 2004
Really good game,thought we should have been two or three up before they got in the game.Some really good performances,the best being McHugh,Blizzard and Bobby Reid with Cox not to far behind.Reid has the ability to find space and time on the ball and never gives it away,be nice to get him for the season.McHugh just proves the point that players look completely different when played in the correct position,he was outstanding always where he needed to be,he also uses the ball well.The only negative was Allessandra,he worked hard and did some good stuff but blimey was he useless with his final ball or shot,still he scored a good goal and we know he can do better.Getting quite hopeful of a good season.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
What a fantastic game! We dominated the first half and looked really creative (not a player out there not doing well) and Blizzard, Alessandra and O'Connor (who's really settled in RWB) were particularly impressive. I was delighted Alessandra scored to put us 1-0 up and we pushed on for a 2nd, that chance fell to Alessandra but it was a weak attempt in all honesty. Second half we had to do a lot of defending but were never once caught out; we knew Carlisle would have to come at us and did what we had to do. The Green Army were also superb today and that atmosphere really made me believe this season could become something special.

McCormick 8
O'Connor 8
Nelson 8
Hartley 8
McHugh 9
Mellor 7
Blizzard 9
Cox 8
B. Reid 8
Alessandra 8
Reid 7

Smalley 7
Morgan 8

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Happy with the win but a little concerned about the inability to kill off games. It could mean the difference at the end of the season.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Good game for League 2, especially for any neutrals there today, with both sides trying to pass the ball and lots of goalmouth action.

Not so good for the supporters of each side though; hanging on for 1-0 wins isn't good for the nerves or the heart but it's better than chasing games from 1-down and being the gallant loser and then having a long journey home.

We look so much better in this formation, we have more possession of the ball and we get get more players forward in and around their box.

Only concerns from today were Alessandra and Bobby Reid.

Alessandra worked as hard as ever and scored the all-important goal, but with more composure and better finishing he could have made it a less stressful second half.

Bobby Reid is the box-to-box midfielder we have desperately needed. He gets us up the pitch with those surging runs and we are really going to miss his energy when he goes. However, we won't miss those floaty corners that are so easy to defend.

Finally, for the first time in a very long time I could sense a positive atmosphere around the ground today and it was nothing to do with beating a drum.

It was because Argyle not only won but unlike the two previous home games, they played well and it was entertaining, if not a bit nervy at times in the second half.

I can sense a little hint of the feel-good factor starting to return at HP, but it's still very early in what is a long season.