Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Dec 3, 2005
Damn good game - another 3pts in the bag - well done to the team - some good passing at times.
Alessandra got the goal, but one negative, wish he knew when to pass the ball, instead of having a go himself, we could have/ should have been at least 3 - 0 up at half time.

Always needed that elusive 2nd goal, but again held on, thanks to McHugh and his blocks near the end.

Team starting to gel, think this is a good formation, and the bench looks really strong.

Thought Smalley was great, could have scored with almost his first touch and Morgan, running down the keeper - with a bit more luck the ball could have gone into the net :)

And Alan Davis was there, is he a Carlisle fan?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
djg145":1w5sn8fx said:
And Alan Davis was there, is he a Carlisle fan?

Huge Gunners fan.

Playing the Pavilions tonight.

C

Cobi Budge.

Gutted to miss only my 2nd home match in 8 years.

My phone died on the way home from Bedford so I couldn't even check the score, delighted to get in just now and see we've won. :scarf:

May 21, 2010
taunton
Sorry, but I'm hard to please. First half was great, 2nd half a bit iffy. So I make it average overall. But 90% better than we played against Shrewsbury. If we can keep winning when we play average over 90 mins than this is the season to be happy.

Mar 23, 2008
That formation does seem to suit us and the type of players Sheridan buys, we did well with 3 centre backs last season and seems the same this year. I just hope he doesn't over think it and change back to 442, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Steve Wooldridge":2840m84j said:
Sorry, but I'm hard to please. First half was great, 2nd half a bit iffy. So I make it average overall. But 90% better than we played against Shrewsbury. If we can keep winning when we play average over 90 mins than this is the season to be happy.

I suppose that's fair. 2nd half was a real nailbiter as we were pushed into defending but it's 3 more points and another clean sheet and that's most important.

C

Cobi Budge.

Staggered by the fact there's still a hell of a lot of negativity, 4 wins on the bounce including 3 clean sheets, excellent home form, 5th in the league.

If you said we'd be where we are now at the start of the season I'd have bitten that hand off.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Excellent first half but we missed some great chance.

Pegged back in the second half but defended resolutely and always threatened on the break.

Overall, a deserved win from a very solid side. Hartley excellent.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Cobi Budge.":o74nxw0c said:
Staggered by the fact there's still a hell of a lot of negativity, 4 wins on the bounce including 3 clean sheets, excellent home form, 5th in the league.

If you said we'd be where we are now at the start of the season I'd have bitten that hand off.
It's not people being negative, it's being realistic and keeping your feet on the ground and not getting carried away, something which the older supporters who have seen Argyle's ups and downs over very many years will not do.

As for our League position, it's looking pretty good but it's where we are after the next 33 games that really matters.

C

Cobi Budge.

demportdave":3mkqqbq0 said:
Cobi Budge.":3mkqqbq0 said:

It's not people being negative, it's being realistic and keeping your feet on the ground and not getting carried away, something which the older supporters who have seen Argyle's ups and downs over very many years will not do.

As for our League position, it's looking pretty good but it's where we are after the next 33 games that really matters.

I understand that, but it almost seems people aren't pleased with where we are, position wise, it's a massive improvement on this time last season.

I know nothing's decided but I'm bloody happy so far.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
up_the_line":cd3yzr6e said:
I was there with a neutral. I think he thought it was pretty crap

He has't got a clue then, a good game with some good chances at both ends, bit scrappy in the middle of the park but some good attacking play from both sides, some better finishing and it could have been a much higher scoreline. The referee let the game run, no real stoppages or play acting (other than one of their players giving it a go in the corner but even he was quickly asked to get to his feet). Atmosphere was good, the Green Army in much better voice today, as far as 1-0 wins go you couldn't really ask for more IMO.

Whoever this neutral was if he couldn't enjoy that maybe football ain't his game :greensmile:

Jul 7, 2006
I can't believe Nelson's performance is rated on a par with others. His display was faultless. Even when he slipped due to silly excess watering of pitch he recovered so well. Got to get a 10 in my book.
How can Blizzard rate so highly. Agreed he improved as the game went on but for 60% of the game he was absent.
May I also say that I am shocked that after so much dead ball practice in training young Reed(who had an otherwise good game)can be so abysmal in with his delivery in set pieces.
Allesandra may make mistakes but my goodness he has a touch of magic and definitely the catalyst for making things happen. His work rate reminds me of Norris days.

Nov 2, 2004
narrowboat":1zqlgp56 said:
I can't believe Nelson's performance is rated on a par with others. His display was faultless. Even when he slipped due to silly excess watering of pitch he recovered so well. Got to get a 10 in my book.
How can Blizzard rate so highly. Agreed he improved as the game went on but for 60% of the game he was absent.
May I also say that I am shocked that after so much dead ball practice in training young Reed(who had an otherwise good game)can be so abysmal in with his delivery in set pieces.
Allesandra may make mistakes but my goodness he has a touch of magic and definitely the catalyst for making things happen. His work rate reminds me of Norris days.

Were you sleeping when Blizzards brilliant play set up the only goal?