Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Apr 21, 2012
Malvern
I would echo the comments about Banton who is often in space, but prefers to stand with arms out rather than move to where someone can pass to him. It also seems to take him a few seconds to remember to do something- he just doesn't seem switched on.
Bobby Reid looks determined enough and isn't easily pushed out the ball despite his size.
The possession play prior to the third goal was excellent and a joy to watch.
Reuben doesn't look as fit as he did at the start of the season- Nando's?
Great second half and fantastic Green Army support putting the home fans to shame.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Very comfortable in the end but we made hard work of the first half.

Once ahead, only one winner.

Reuben a real handful and almost left his man standing with the worlds slowest step-overs!

THD scared the life out of them second half.

Ansah looked a real threat during his cameo.

10 Cup Finals left - now is the time to find some real consistency.

COYGs

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Great result and nice to have some positive feedback.

Hope Postey is right about the Newport game being a watershed but we may have clearer idea come 5pm on Good Friday.

Luton's dreadful run of late has certainly helped us still have a real chance of 6th or 7th.

COYG.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
What a fun afternoon. First half stale, but happy to take a lead going in. Said to my mate 'we might see an outbreak of football in the second half'. And we did!! Some really good stuff. THD looked excellent. Run them ragged on the left. Midfield played much tidier. Blizzard played the simple balls, thought Banton was bit better than some have said on here, and Bobby Reid looked much more like it. Reuben still obviously not fit, but did enough to take a couple of goals. Anshah looked great when he came on. An eye for goal and great feet. Lewis improved second half as well. Brunt is what he is. A lump that will be brought on to unsettle people late in the game, but won't be a starter. Two of the goals came from periods of keep ball, which we appeared reluctant to do in the first half. Cheltenham are doomed. You'd expect the manager to have out a rocket up them at half time but they came out looking defeated. They were awful, and if they think Manset is an answer up front they are mistaken. Nelson had him in his pocket all game. A great afternoon, with the GA fully behind the team. Spot on.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
A couple of signings seems to have perked them up with more competition for places.
It may be our best away win all season but lets not carries away as it was against the worst team in the football league who look to be returning to the conference.

Hopefully its a confidence booster before a crunch game on good Friday where we need to get a result

Dec 15, 2012
That was more like it.

Scrappy first half but great run from McHugh to set up Reuben.

Second half was the best 45 mins from Argyle in a good while.

Ansah's header very well taken and he looks a threat.

A good day and only a short journey back to Brizzle.

Jan 6, 2004
Ist half was on a par with most post exeter performances, very poor - we went in 1-0 up because of tha appalling Cheltenham defence.

For some reason this team plays well once it gets its nose in front and so was the case today- new signings look good. Alessandra seems to be returning to top form and we were a threat down both wings. Central midfield still a concern. Reuben Reid still does not look fully fit to me - he conserved energy even more than usual but, hey, two goals so who is complaining?

We started to showboat towards the end. Anyone count how many Argyle touches before the last goal? twenty? an excellent team goal.

Awful ref who made utterly mystifying decisions all game - one of the very worst I have seen

Mar 23, 2008
Pleased to see the team shaken up and Banton given a chance although he needs a run not just one game. Great win and another clean sheet, the type of result that gives us hope.

Aug 11, 2013
Thought we were awful before taking the lead. Cheltenham had a couple of gilt edged chances to score but we rode our luck. One certain goal blocked by Hartleys back.

We get into a habit of passing it around then lumping it to Reuben and then feeding off bits and pieces. After the goal you would have thought the team changed because suddenly we were playing it on the floor spraying it around and we looked in total control. All of a sudden the tension goes out of the players and we play some lovely football.

I thought Ansah's cameo was something else. Couple of well saved shots. He created another great chance with some lovely footwork. Dummies once, twice then only a fantastic block stopped him getting his brace.

Lewi not himself again today.

Banton desperate to impress and ips looking livelier.

My m o m was Dom Blizzard. Did a lot of stuff that went unnoticed. We rarely seem to lose away from home when he's in the team ?

Thought we looked better because of the enforced move of O Connor. 5 at the back instead of 6 was fine and we seemed to be more positive in midfield.

Fantastic performance. Deserved win. Need to replicate that form for the next few games.

When will we see a 90 minute performance. That's my only gripe.

S

Sam Phillips

Great win that was. I feel sorry for the Cheltenham fans to be honest, they've got a very poor team this year. Showed no heart.
But that's not our problem.
:scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
Well red face time, when I heard the team I thought what on earth is Sheridan doing? Banton? Blizzard? No Ansah and made my feelings known. Two hours later, Banton strong, clever, hardworking , Blizzard a really good second half. Sheridan out thought the opposition and I never ever thought I'd see that! Holmes Dennis at last bombing on, and a strong bench, Brunt has something and a lovely goal from Ansah.
BTW a mention for Luke whose handling was faultless and who made two superb saves.
The midfield hunted in packs and I lost count of the number of times we lost possession then immediately won the ball back.
Incredible difference from Oxford......WHY......
Just keep it going Argo, I don't want to have to go to Shrewsbury needing a result for Argo

Mr Sheridan if this is a new dawn, I apologise but we ll see won't we......CMON U GREENS

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
finished work at 4 pm today and only heard about 20 minutes of the 2nd half.well done argyle and pleased that ansah scored on his league debut,i hope his father was there to see it.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Only one winner once we scored the first goal.

They battled gamely and never gave up, especially the bald-headed guy pulling the strings in midfield, but they have the look of a team who are going to be relegated and their fans seem to have accepted it already.

Banton worked hard and did well overall. Second half display from Holmes-Dennis was probably his best 45 minutes for Argyle. I thought we coped well with the small-sized playing area and the poor surface. We didn't overplay and we got the ball forwards a bit quicker with fewer sideways and backwards passes, but the formation with 3 up top required that.

Impressed with the young lad from Charlton, looked lively in the 15 minutes or so when he came on. He got into some great areas in and around the box and took the goal really well.

Ref did OK first half but then went a bit daft with the yellow cards, although he bottled it in injury time when their big CB got away with an obvious second yellow card when he wiped out Lee in the corner.