Brief Synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Jul 21, 2012
Salisbury
arrythewurzel":18v7e5md said:
Thought we looked better because of the enforced move of O Connor. 5 at the back instead of 6 was fine and we seemed to be more positive in midfield.

Thought this was a key point in the win, with Blizzard playing the "O'Connor" role I thought he got forward a lot more than O'Connor normally does and provides that extra body upfront which means players like Bobby and Reuben had less men marking them and providing more space for them to do "their stuff". Good performance against an extremely poor Cheltenham!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":1hq8xjkg said:
Well red face time, when I heard the team I thought what on earth is Sheridan doing? Banton? Blizzard? No Ansah and made my feelings known. Two hours later, Banton strong, clever, hardworking , Blizzard a really good second half. Sheridan out thought the opposition and I never ever thought I'd see that! Holmes Dennis at last bombing on, and a strong bench, Brunt has something and a lovely goal from Ansah.
BTW a mention for Luke whose handling was faultless and who made two superb saves.
The midfield hunted in packs and I lost count of the number of times we lost possession then immediately won the ball back.
Incredible difference from Oxford......WHY......
Just keep it going Argo, I don't want to have to go to Shrewsbury needing a result for Argo

Mr Sheridan if this is a new dawn, I apologise but we ll see won't we......CMON U GREENS

:clap: :clap:

Oct 24, 2010
The game was a repeat of the previous week, poor, but solid, first half and a lot better in the second when we pushed up, got the wing backs, Holmes Dennis in particular, forward, played at a higher tempo and passed the ball a lot better. In the first half we virtually played with a back five sitting deep hoisting long balls in the general direction of Reid. As I said very similar to the Newport game, the difference being we played a poor team on Saturday. We need to play as we played in the second half of both games for the whole match and give ourselves ninety minutes to win games and not forty five.

Oct 24, 2010
Cobi Budge.":al454mv4 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0yjqGSMngw

McHugh or Messi? :lol: :clap:

Great cross from AOC into Ansah, even had the Cheltenham fans there applauding.
McHugh did very well, he spotted the space and made his run with a fine pass at the end of it but it was appalling defending by Cheltenham, McHugh ran forty yards deep into their half with only one half hearted token challenge. It was a good cross from O'Connor but the Cheltenham defence gave Asah a free header right in front of goal around seven or eight yards out.It was easy to see why Cheltenham are bottom of the league.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I set aside an hour yesterday for Greensam's 'brief' synopsis - where is it?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
memory man":fmeh10in said:
I set aside an hour yesterday for Greensam's 'brief' synopsis - where is it?

Perhaps he's busy working on the next edition of the Samzine? :)

Aug 22, 2006
I know it's a bit late in the day but anyway, to be fair I agree with the majority on here, although the one player i'd like to single out is Blizzard. Unsung hero. I don't think he gave the ball away, and his height and strength certainly made the difference. Also the fact our players got on the ball more than often proved essential. For example against Dagenham Bobby Reid may have had the ball on 8 occasions and given the ball away 6 times whereas against Cheltenham he had the ball on lets say 16 occasions and gave the ball away 6 times... the point is there was room for making mistakes because our players were giving it 110 per cent and getting stuck in and keeping possesion. Banton a prime example, he was a bit better than what a few people have given him credit for.... but the top 3 players were certainly Holmes Dennis, Bobby Reid and Blizzard (it's funny to think Ruben isn't one of them even though he scored 2!)

McCormick 7.5, Nelson 7.5, McHugh 8, Hartley 7, O'Connor 6.5, B Reid 8.5, Blizzard 8.5, Banton 7.5, THD 8.5, R Reid 7.5, Alessandra 7.5, Ansah 8, Brunt 6.5, Lee 6