Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
derbygreen":1p7s5j32 said:
Feel more positive now demportdave? I knew that Sheridan apology would help!
I have been and will probably remain one of Sheridan's sternest critics.

However, I was one of the few people on here who defended him last week when all the delicate flowers, many who have been his arch-apologists, suddenly turned on him over a heat of the moment, throwaway comment born out of frustration. Talk about a fuss over nothing.

Did it have any effect on today? Absolutely not.

Sheridan finally realised that he needed to shuffle the pack and bring in a couple of fresh faces and he/we were lucky to be playing Cheltenham today.

Let's see what happens next week against Burton.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Really good and important win. The first half was two poor sides barely separated, apart from one stunning run and pass from McHugh finished off by Reuben. The midfield was generally too deep in the first half meaning Reuben was isolated, likewise the wing-backs weren't offering Reuben and Alessandra enough support.

Second half we got the midfield ten yards higher up and dominated by picking up all of the second balls. In the end Cheltenham, who are one of the worst if not the worst team I've ever seen us play against in competitve matches, completely gave up and we saw the game out easily.

McCormick 7 - did all he had to do well.

Nelson 8 MOTM - rock solid.
McHugh 8 - great run and assist and typically stubborn in defence.
Hartley 7 - bit dodgy first half with some poor distribution, excellent second though.

O'Connor 7 - again better in the second half than the first.
Blizzard 7 - similar.
Banton 7 - very sharp. Some wasteful moments but the desire is there.
Bobby 8 - better corners and that bit of spark that had been missing in previous games too.
THD 7 - poor first half, outstanding second. Had their full back tied up in knots.

Reuben 7 - didn't actually do a lot but 2 goals - can't complain. 40 in the past 2 seasons now, sensational.
Alessandra 7 - typical Lewi really, plenty of desire and some moments of quality.

Ansah looked good when he came on. Brunt less so.

Overall a good win but if we'd got anything less than 3 points against that dross it really would have been an embarrassment. Still, we did a professional job on them. Onwards.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
We played very well today and went from strength to strength in that second half. However, Cheltenham are astonishingly bad. Pretty certain their performance today was the worst I've seen from a League 2 side we've played since our relegation and I'll be shocked if they don't go down.

Tough Easter fixtures coming up to see if we've turned the corner. Honestly reckon given other teams form we only need 10 points from the remaining 7 games to finish in the play-offs.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I thought Banton played quite well today, better than he has been, repaid the faith shown in starting him, certainly; always hassled for the ball, chased balls down, looked to attack when he had the ball, he just never seemed to be able to go that little bit further and do something clinical with it, but I think that'll come.

Defence looked decent enough, aside from a few shots Cheltenham didn't really bother us, and O'Connor filled in well at right wing-back, he can put in a decent cross too. Bobby Reid showed the sort of form we had seen in his first spell on loan and his delivery was improved on recent times too. Lewi had one of his games where he played well, but not in the limelight, so to speak. He was always available for the ball and looked to do something with it (such as get scythed down but those dirty northern...) and Reubs had a good day at the office too, although I'm not a fan of when he stands there, arms open in protest when the ball bounces off of him, but if he's scoring goals, who am I to complain?

As other people have said, THD had a brilliant second half down the left-hand side with Lewi, always running at the opposition and looking to play forwards.

Ansah looked very good when he came on, I'd like to see him potentially start on Friday (is it Friday we play Burton?) or if not then definitely against Pompey. "Like Banton, but with more confidence" is how Loud described him, and I think that suits judging by his performance today, although maybe he's a little less selfish?

As always my views are entirely my own and open to ridicule and speculation :D but at the end of the day, a very well earned three points! And I've shaken my away-day hoodoo this season by seeing us win away twice, in the two away games I've been to! Just hope to make it three from three against Portsmouth!

Come on you Greens!!

Feb 23, 2008
Great performance today all round I thought, average first half but I think it's fair to say nobody had a bad game.

Cheltenham were very lucky to finish the game with 11 men.

Ansah looks very tidy from his 20 odd minutes on the pitch, a couple of on target long rangers and some quick footwork that took out two defenders and needed a block to prevent a brace.

Cheltenham were awful though, although Luke had to make a few smart saves early in the second. I bet Durrell wonders why he left sitting watching that from their bench.

I hope if we don't go up they stay up too though, not sure why but I have a soft spot for them, it's a decent away trip.

Took my 8 yr old with me for his first away day, I think he's caught the bug big time. His record so far is P3, W3, F8, A0 so no wonder why! :)

Mar 23, 2008
Forgot Berry played for them. Had to move to non league to get a game and sounds like he's headed back there.

Aug 24, 2008
Deacster":w7t2gpwp said:
Forgot Berry played for them. Had to move to non league to get a game and sounds like he's headed back there.

I also noted that Berry did not come out for the warm up at half time. Scared of the reception he would have got maybe?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Deacster":2tfr4ztk said:

He was the Herald's 'one to watch'. :)

G

greengiant

For all the stick Banton gets... he deserves credit for yesterday as he was a different player...he fought for and won every ball, tracked back and tackled. He was my man of the match.

:scarf:

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Sam Pocock":1vuvi41c said:
Great win that was. I feel sorry for the Cheltenham fans to be honest, they've got a very poor team this year. Showed no heart.
But that's not our problem.
:scarf:
"Showed no heart"? The team or the fans?

It took a shocking tackle to illicit a shout of "Going Down" from the Green Army but, rather than cause outrage, it was greeted by a collective home shrug of the shoulders. A club that really seems to have had the stuffing knocked out of them.

Mar 25, 2007
Excellent result, dominated the midfield for most of the second half and took advantage of very poor opposition. Really pleased for Ansah, he looked a threat as soon as he came on and took his chance very well.