Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
MGM.

Some of our distribution was poor which leads to our defence often being under pressure

Bradley a culprit with some loose passing. Songo'o did some excellent tracking and tackling but again was erratic in possession.

Jury still out for me on some of the team.

We had a fair bit of the ball but I felt we were over intricate around their box at times.

Hoping Adams will field mostly fringe players at Newport.

Mar 14, 2009
cheshiregreen":2epv8ljq said:
MGM.

Some of our distribution was poor which leads to our defence often being under pressure

Bradley a culprit with some loose passing. Songo'o did some excellent tracking and tackling but again was erratic in possession.

Jury still out for me on some of the team.

We had a fair bit of the ball but I felt we were over intricate around their box at times.

Hoping Adams will field mostly fringe players at Newport.

Thanks....

Bradley played some loose passing against Mansfield 2nd half. I'm just not quite convinced by him either.

I like Songo in that position of CDM but agree he can be erratic.

I'm glad we won 3 in a row but concerned that our forwards aren't scoring and defensively we seem to switch off too many times and allow decent opportunities for the opposition.

We gave sides too many opportunities last season to score. Unfortunately, it feels similar to that this season.

Sep 2, 2008
People seem to forget that we were playing away from home. Blackpool as the home side are always going to get some chances. I felt we controlled the game and played some good possession football. We moved the ball well and everyone* put in a shift. Difficult for me to pick a MOM as there were quite a few candidates in my opinion. Oscar and Smith didn't put a foot wrong and Songo'o played very well too. In fact I would say today was his best performance so far. Everyone was comfortable on the ball and moved it quickly. Spencer put himself about a bit and thankfully people were getting a lot closer to him so we were keeping the ball when it went up front. A really good performance from my point of view. Have to say though that Blackpool are not a good side but im not taking anything away from the lads. They worked hard and deserved the 3 points.
*excluding Donaldson - still yet to see what he brings to the team.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Old Gunner":eesdvu7y said:

Yes. It was really something. The stewards were joining in and the police were filming it on their personal phones, all laughs and smiles.
The drummer really helped create a great atmosphere.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Old Gunner":1kz66rw6 said:
PL2 3DQ":1kz66rw6 said:
Old Gunner":1kz66rw6 said:

Yes. It was really something. The stewards were joining in and the police were filming it on their personal phones, all laughs and smiles.
The drummer really helped create a great atmosphere.

Great stuff! I remember when it first came out, I was 8 (bloody hell).

--and here are the dance moves for the Green Army! https://youtu.be/81ZtmBAA_NE

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Hearing a lot about this "Twist and Shout" chant. Think we could be hearing more of this in future, sounds good!

Will be interesting to see how we continue to do. Like others, I can't help but feel we are a little lacking in quality compared to last season.

However, if we can find a winning formula and everyone (especially Carey) can stay fit and playing well, who knows?

Seems like we have a fairly solid back five who are coming under pressure as a result of those ahead of them, would still like to see us offering more going forward. Maybe we will?

Still the January transfer window to come as well. If we are there or thereabouts around Christmas, maybe we can find an extra signing or two which, unlike last season, allows us to get across that promotion line.

Roll on next Saturday (won't be attending on Tuesday and am barely interested in the result).

Mar 14, 2009
Two things that gives me some hope.

We are winning and our forwards have yet to score...(although that stat could eventually turn sour)

Songo has a lack of competitive football and the CDM position is new to him. Can only get better with
more matches l feel

Still think we are lacking pace in the midfield and forward areas.

Oct 20, 2015
Exiled
McCormick - 8 - Big saves in the first half, kept us in it.
Threlkeld - 7 - Good graft at RB, help control the game when me moved to CM.
Bulvitis - 7 - First time I've seen him, looks very slow and passing was erratic, but got the goal that mattered. Can we please think of a better, more appropriate chant for him?
Bradley - 6 - Keeps drifting position, leaving space in behind him or leaving Sawyer exposed, but very strong in the air. Impressed with how he kept Ganduillet quiet.
Sawyer - 5 - Did OK, a bit isolated on occasion. Interested to know the outcome of his injury.
Songo'o - 6 (4 First half, 8 Second half) - Thought he was utter garbage first half, slow with and without the ball and couldn't find anyone in Green. Different animal second half, chased everything down, tracked runners into the box well.
Smith - 7 - More of Smith I see the more I like, good footballer, works hard, summed up in stoppage time when he sprinted 40 yards to nail someone. Permanent fixture in CM for me.
Jervis - 6 - Confused as to why he swapped wings, thought he looked a threat against the LB, Mellor had him in his pocket.
Donaldson 5 - Offers nothing. Slew or Tanner need to come in.
Carey - 8 - Usual for GC: when he did things well Argyle did things well. His quick thinking for the goal.
Spencer - 7 - Needs to shoot more often, when the ball was played to him and not towards him I thought he held play up well.

Purrington - 6 - Blackpool offered very little Second half so didn't notice a whole lot. Some nice touches, if Sawyer is out for a while this period will be the making/breaking of him.
Miller - 8 - Did one thing: outrageous goal-line clearance, as significant as Bulvitis' goal.
Tanner - NA - Didn't see any impact.

I watched Blackpool at Crystal Palace on Tuesday, Gnanduillet had Dann in all sorts of trouble (with no support to feed off his flick ons) and Potts looked lively. Thought we kept both pretty quiet: it was only our mistakes that created chances for Blackpool in the First Half.

Three in a row! Belief is back and expectations are rising....

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":29khsksd said:
Two things that gives me some hope.

We are winning and our forwards have yet to score...(although that stat could eventually turn sour)

Songo has a lack of competitive football and the CDM position is new to him. Can only get better with
more matches l feel

Still think we are lacking pace in the midfield and forward areas.

Does Jervis' goal not count?