Channel 5 Football league tonight | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Channel 5 Football league tonight

Mar 23, 2008
I seem to remember last time we won this league under Luggy we went under the radar until we had won the league, was bazaar. The same is happening this time and no bad thing.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":i5c9rz3s said:
Ade the green":i5c9rz3s said:
Lundan Cabbie":i5c9rz3s said:
No bitterness here then? :greensmile:

Normally reserved for when you show up. :whistle:

It's normally after the show but now its come to pre-empting. :lol:

PS.... I've only seen the programme two or three times and I have never commented when I haven't watched.

If you've not watched the show, how can you possibly decide whether we're bitter or not. Last week for instance they talked over our 10 seconds about Bristol Rovers/Mansfield. The FL is certainly hopeful that Portsmouth get promoted sooner now than later. Making Luton and Oxford as favourites when neither has achieved anything in the recent past and with the FFP you'd imagine their budget cannot by the rules be that much better than ours (if at all).

Those inside Home park can see the start of a revolution and as some has said, better to go under the radar as we have done in the past.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Well I can read and there is enough here. As it happens, last week was one I did see. Not the best football show around. You should stick to Sky's FL92. No frills, just the goals and sometimes a little bit extra.

Apr 4, 2015
Ade the green":3rus6bmh said:
Lundan Cabbie":3rus6bmh said:
Ade the green":3rus6bmh said:
Lundan Cabbie":3rus6bmh said:

PS.... I've only seen the programme two or three times and I have never commented when I haven't watched.

If you've not watched the show, how can you possibly decide whether we're bitter or not. Last week for instance they talked over our 10 seconds about Bristol Rovers/Mansfield. The FL is certainly hopeful that Portsmouth get promoted sooner now than later. Making Luton and Oxford as favourites when neither has achieved anything in the recent past and with the FFP you'd imagine their budget cannot by the rules be that much better than ours (if at all).

Those inside Home park can see the start of a revolution and as some has said, better to go under the radar as we have done in the past.

how many games do you get too lundan and i mean this nicely, cos if you dont get to many then surely as a true fan you would want the local and national media to give argyle as much coverage as possible, especially when we are doing so well. I dont understand your position on this matter unless you go to a lot of games and dont want or need the coverage we deserve. The more positive coverage we get then the better it is for our club and as it stands we are left woefully short by both our own local media and nationally. We might get a few hundred more on the gate next week which could lead to a thousand more the next game therefore generating more money for the club and so the cycle of supporters and income increases. I will state my position and that is i am a season ticket holder as is my son for the last 3 years, not that long i know but at least i commit and support my club in every way i can, i just dont understand your position on this matter cos its obvious we dont get the coverage we deserve, just imagine if portsmouth were top having won 3 games more than anyone else in the league and were top by 4 points, ffs we deserve a bit more than we are getting off the media at the moment.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
freddie2greens":2hf5vvk3 said:
Ade the green":2hf5vvk3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2hf5vvk3 said:
Ade the green":2hf5vvk3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2hf5vvk3 said:

how many games do you get too lundan and i mean this nicely, cos if you dont get to many then surely as a true fan you would want the local and national media to give argyle as much coverage as possible, especially when we are doing so well. I dont understand your position on this matter unless you go to a lot of games and dont want or need the coverage we deserve. The more positive coverage we get then the better it is for our club and as it stands we are left woefully short by both our own local media and nationally. We might get a few hundred more on the gate next week which could lead to a thousand more the next game therefore generating more money for the club and so the cycle of supporters and income increases. I will state my position and that is i am a season ticket holder as is my son for the last 3 years, not that long i know but at least i commit and support my club in every way i can, i just dont understand your position on this matter cos its obvious we dont get the coverage we deserve, just imagine if portsmouth were top having won 3 games more than anyone else in the league and were top by 4 points, ffs we deserve a bit more than we are getting off the media at the moment.

Of all the people on this site I think Lundan is the one you won't offend in the slightest by saying that he's not a true Argyle fan :lol:

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Deacster":p09k79a3 said:
I seem to remember last time we won this league under Luggy we went under the radar until we had won the league, was bazaar. The same is happening this time and no bad thing.
Bazaar, how bizarre!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
freddie2greens":1l0y7nfo said:
Ade the green":1l0y7nfo said:
Lundan Cabbie":1l0y7nfo said:
Ade the green":1l0y7nfo said:
Lundan Cabbie":1l0y7nfo said:

As has been pointed out, I am only an honorary green in that they are my local team. My first love as many will tell you on here is Crystal Palace where my loyalties are now into my 48th season but despite now living in Plymouth I still try to get to around 10-12 games per season.

I do love my football though, so when Argyle are playing and Palace are not, I often walk up to HP. I am loving seeing Argyle at the right end of the table right now but there is one thing that not having green blood gives you, the ability to notice when members of the GA being paranoid. I can understand the pride everyone has right now and how they would want everyone to sit up and take notice but when the media doesn't project what is happening down here in a way that you expect them to, it seems to be taken personally.

Portsmouth are always going to attract the media attention in this league because of where they have fallen from and being the biggest club in the division. (Although I believe they are made out to be way bigger than they actually are). However Pompey apart, I haven't seen the coverage of SBL2 to be anti Argyle.

As for the dormant Argyle support being swayed by the presentation on Ch5, I doubt if 95% of them will even be watching.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
We will get a guest player / Virgo trying to commentate over our highlights which is normally a joke....

Much prefer to have the standard highlights and commentary

COYG

Aug 10, 2006
freddie2greens":y1w7sxqy said:
Ade the green":y1w7sxqy said:
Lundan Cabbie":y1w7sxqy said:
Ade the green":y1w7sxqy said:
Lundan Cabbie":y1w7sxqy said:

he's a palace fan not an argyle fan.

Nov 18, 2014
loyal1970":1p97sdi6 said:
freddie2greens":1p97sdi6 said:
Ade the green":1p97sdi6 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1p97sdi6 said:
Ade the green":1p97sdi6 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1p97sdi6 said:

he's a palace fan not an argyle fan.

He's a very naughty boy.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Finally a bit more insite in to our match...

Credit where due in pointing out the coded message at the corner....

COYG

May 22, 2006
Well that wasn't half bad. No idea who the nervous-looking guy with the beard is but he was right about the pen - that was almost basketball from Hartley.