Cheapskate trophy against them up the road! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cheapskate trophy against them up the road!

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":rga8z5ek said:
I am sure we had over 9,000 attendance for the Johnstone paint trophy tie vs Exeter City at Home Park 2010 ?

Attendance 9,431 :thumbs:

That was the first time we'd played them for a few years wasn't it? Can't for the life of me remember why but I was in the Grandstand for that one so I got a good view of all the wannabe hoolies kicking off at the bottom of Zoo Corner. Got a great view of Chris Clark lobbing the keeper from miles out to equalise too.

Definitely won't be going to this one though.

O

ogwellmike

The issue or me was, as Shakespeare might have said:

To go or not to go? That is the question.
Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind not to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous FA politics,
Or to take arms against Excreta ,
And by opposing end them?
…ay there’s the rub.

Well, rightly or wrongly, my decision was to go. I bought my ticket three weeks ago and I was looking forward to us trouncing them up the road yet again. But that was three weeks ago when my green optimism was high. Since then we have drawn one game, lost four and shamefully had multiple red cards. Sadly, for me, green optimism is now nil.

So I had to decide do I want to waste an evening at HP on Tuesday week watching our team of incompetent numpties getting thrashed by them up the road. A no-brainer really - I’ve torn the ticket up. Perhaps a lot of other Argyle supporters may now be thinking along the same lines. The low attendance that so many people were arguing for - as a political statement to the FA - may now be achieved simply as a result of this team’s embarrassing start to the season.

Mar 29, 2017
Didn't go to the Chelsea game, won't be going to this one.

Even it wasn't a farce of a competition, I won't be paying any extra money on top of my ST to watch Argyle at the moment.

Losing I can stomach, bad performances I can stomach. Even the performances getting worse I can deal with as their confidence must be through the floor at the moment.

It's the red cards that are getting me. 4 in a row at home is just completely unprofessional and distinctly stops me putting my hand in my pocket until the discipline gets back to where it should be.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
It's an irrelevant fixture in a competition where we're just making up the numbers to provide training matches for Premier League and Championship academies. Play our youth and take the fine. Couldn't care less about the result.