Clinton Morrison on Talksport | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Clinton Morrison on Talksport

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Fergy":5gy5ykwv said:
Maybe he shouldn't repeatedly stoop to these peoples' level though, he brings it upon himself.

As a person who often bites, he has my sympathy.

Never really understood that stance Fergy if I'm honest.

Just running away from idiots like that gives them kudos amongst their peer group.

It is a vicious circle but cowards and bullies should never win, even in the internet world.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
IJN":wasuzclg said:
Fergy":wasuzclg said:
Maybe he shouldn't repeatedly stoop to these peoples' level though, he brings it upon himself.

As a person who often bites, he has my sympathy.

Never really understood that stance Fergy if I'm honest.

Just running away from idiots like that gives them kudos amongst their peer group.

It is a vicious circle but cowards and bullies should never win, even in the internet world.

Agree with this. Much better to name and shame these people in as public a way as possible.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
X Isle":15c20gyj said:
Ollieargyle9":15c20gyj said:
The bloke has always been a bit of a plank, I remember when he came down here with Coventry back when we were in the Championship. He spent the whole game appealing for fouls, moaning at officials, moaning at his team mates and acting very childish (to the delight of the Green Army who had found their target for the game), eventually he got so wound up he ended up getting himself sent off much to all of our delight.

I don't condone bullying on the internet in any form but as Liam says his on pitch antics when we played them last year don't help, he's not from Exeter or an Exeter fan in fact it was probably the first time he played us in an Exeter shirt but there he was celebrating like a mad thing in front of the Green Army despite not even scoring the goal himself.

I've seen him have an unprovoked pop at Argyle fans on Twitter in the past, calling for us to be relegated on the radio does him no favours either, he's the sort of bloke who seems to welcome this sort of confrontation. I haven't seen what Argyle fans say about him but having seen other players abused on Twitter they're rarely blameless in it all (Marvin Morgan a prime example of that), so to go on the radio playing the injured party seems a bit much especially as Kelly mentioned there is always the option to bloke an abusive person.

I don't condone bullying... but... followed by a lengthy explanation of how and why, effectively, he deserves what he gets.

Substitute footballer for classmate/workmate and really, what's the difference? Justifying words or actions by seeking to apportion blame in any part on the victim, is condoning bullying.

The only difference here is the anonymity of t'Internet, which only goes to make it an all the more heroic act of bravery, not. :roll:

Its why f@cetw@tter is such a vipers nest of bile. No matter what the target has done, or not done, brave little keyboard warriors have a platform to demonstrate why they need inflatable armbands in the shallow end of the gene pool.

If only they would grow the f*ck up.

Not what I was saying at all, as I said above I wasn't aware of what had been said to him, I don't follow him but I had seen a few light hearted responses to his comment about our play-off exit, nothing more. I admit though it was naive of me to have assumed it stopped there and not carried on since. It was when Ian mentioned death threats and the like I followed up by confirming I don't see him as the cause or deserving of such extreme abuse.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm sure some of the people that do it, don't quite understand how hurtful they are being.

Let me give you an example.

Recent holiday in Rhodes, FB's some pictured up. We went on a family holiday. My SiL posted a picture of us all in the pool whilst he was on the wall above my Mrs in a lilo.

Now my Mrs who was a cracker when she was young, is now approaching her 60th year and is not what any young man would call 'eye candy'.

His mate, decides to write on his FB which is shared by all of us 'Don't go much on your view'.

Is he nasty? No, Is he a troll? No. He simply put his thoughts into words on the internet, not caring that it upset my kids, wound me right up and embarrassed his mate (my SiL).

It's a strange phenomenon.

I've made a few mistakes, which I regret, but thinking before you press that button is so important, it really is.

I just wish these young men would think before they post, I'm sure they're not bad lads, they avidly support Argyle so there must be some good in them. :greensmile:

Jul 29, 2010
So the lower level abuse is presumably OK Ollie?

Like I say, grown up's just roll their eyes and mutter to themselves what a bell end an individual is being.

I only raised the observation re: what condoning actually is to your post as it highlighted perfectly the contradiction that often occurs when folk say "I don't (insert opinion/belief)... but". Well if they believe something or have an opinion on something then there are no if's or but's.

I appreciate you are not behind the abuse, i'm just playing devils advocate with your post to illustrate the wafer thin line between condoning or excusing something and not condoning or excusing something.

Two wrongs don't make a right we were all brought up to know. Someone doing something idiotic or provocative on a football pitch does not make consequent idiotic or provocative behaviour on a stupid internet platform right.

No if's, no but's.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
IJN":2y3uktxr said:
I'm sure some of the people that do it, don't quite understand how hurtful they are being.

Let me give you an example.

Recent holiday in Rhodes, FB's some pictured up. We went on a family holiday. My SiL posted a picture of us all in the pool whilst he was on the wall above my Mrs in a lilo.

Now my Mrs who was a cracker when she was young, is now approaching her 60th year and is not what any young man would call 'eye candy'.

His mate, decides to write on his FB which is shared by all of us 'Don't go much on your view'.

Is he nasty? No, Is he a troll? No. He simply put his thoughts into words on the internet, not caring that it upset my kids, wound me right up and embarrassed his mate (my SiL).

It's a strange phenomenon.

I've made a few mistakes, which I regret, but thinking before you press that button is so important, it really is.

I just wish these young men would think before they post, I'm sure they're not bad lads, they avidly support Argyle so there must be some good in them. :greensmile:
Please tell me you have not mentioned the "eye candy " comment to the good wife ? :shh:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
:roll:

I'm not condoning the abuse either but an experienced veteran like Morrison should be able to refrain from getting likewise personal as seen on numerous occasions. If the bloke stopped reacting and trying to get one over silly teenagers by boasting about his not-so-lavish lifestyle etc. then people would stop reacting. Imagine being petulant enough to comment that you want a team to be relegated? It's pathetic. There's a block button for a reason, also. Not reacting isn't surrendering to the 'bullies', or whatever you want to call it, instead it's demonstrating a level of maturity. Agreed, wishing ill on somebody is a disproportionate response but it's going to happen, some kids are stupid.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
pearces greens":273abr4j said:
Please tell me you have not mentioned the "eye candy " comment to the good wife ? :shh:

Do I look mad? :greensmile:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Greenheart":9kbix063 said:
Emu":9kbix063 said:
I think his dislike of Argyle goes before he joined City.
The number of times he spat the dummy out at Home Park when playing for Palace....

Taxi for Emu! :)
Nice one.

Jun 24, 2008
Clintons quite the character but its a character to easily dislike if he's not playing for your team. Ive got nothing against him personally, in fact I feel we need people like him in the game and he takes all the clubs he's worked for to heart in the spirit of the game so thats probably where the hate comes from. Its all fun and games though its true there are some plonkers out there, Im sure he hasn't taken it too heart and he was big enough to acknowledge its in the minority.

C

Cobi Budge.

Imagine celebrating a goal that you didn't score more than the actual goalscorer.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It was a week or two before I realised he hadn't scored. :oops:

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
The death threats and similar stuff like that are taking it disgustingly too far, but he has totally bought on the banter/abuse he's getting on Twitter himself. It started when we spanked them at SJP when he celebrated as if he'd scored in front of the GA - ssshhing us, gestures the lot.

Since then though, he is the one that hasn't let it die and chooses to stoke the fire with little digs every now and then - after the play-offs, now doing it on TalkSport. Yes, some of the stuff he is getting sent is unwarranted and disgusting but he's only got himself to blame for it. Attempting to play the victim on talksport and then announcing he hopes we get relegated is just idiotic.

I don't condone the stuff he gets sent, but he clearly revels in it - otherwise he'd be blocking the Argyle fans that tweet him.

Sep 23, 2005
The blocking button works both ways. Talksport goes off every time he is on there as I know what is coming.

The bloke behaved like a spoilt child when at Home Park in the past, way before joining them up the road and clearly he hasn't matured in the slightest.