Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey

Dec 3, 2005
Is it beyond technology for Argyle to 'sell tickets' to Season Ticket holders and add them electronically to the Season Ticket Card?

If so, would it then matter if you didn't know the actual date of the match, that is definately going to happen.

Feb 28, 2016
djg145":1mwatysx said:
Is it beyond technology for Argyle to 'sell tickets' to Season Ticket holders and add them electronically to the Season Ticket Card?

If so, would it then matter if you didn't know the actual date of the match, that is definitely going to happen.

I don't see why this needs to be rushed. Don't like the thought of it being outsourced either.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
djg145":ypj09jlg said:

If so, would it then matter if you didn't know the actual date of the match, that is definitely going to happen.

You have to assume that ST holders will get first dibs on tickets, then white members etc down to waifs and strays. Hand in hand with everyone thinking it will be a sellout the dates need to be known so ST holders that may not be able to attend get their chance to get their seat.

Is anyone really worried that whenever the game happens, if you want a ticket you may lose out?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
999mattyg":1cnbvd37 said:
CornishGreenWhite":1cnbvd37 said:
SwimWithTheTide":1cnbvd37 said:
The club might not benefit from the immediate ticket sales, but if you lock more casual fans out from the big occasion such as this then you'll never grow as a club. Type of evening that turns casuals into regulars and hooks younger fans for life. It'd have to be considered as a more longer vision investment into fans.

Completely agree with this. Although the top dogs don't think like that do they?! Unambitious and completely unprofessional from top to bottom. I see Pompey have already got there tickets on sale.

How can Pompey have tickets on sale?? The dates are not confirmed!!

They are selling the occasion. All footy tickets are sold under the condition that date and times may be subject to change

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
djg145":2qobufsw said:

What, like they did last season.

I prefer for the dates to be announced before tickets go on sale. We'll find out today or tomorrow.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Sometimes it's not about money, if it was going to give Argyle an advantage will worth considering but like all bean counters Brent is only concerned about the bottom line.

Dec 3, 2005
PL2 3DQ":2z4j5ayp said:
djg145":2z4j5ayp said:

What, like they did last season.

I prefer for the dates to be announced before tickets go on sale. We'll find out today or tomorrow.

For definate dates to be announced, we will need to wait until afterthe final whistle on Saturday, for the final positions.

I was just asking if it was possible to just add to the ST card, my memory of last season is somewhat hazy. :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
dunlop":1ah603sr said:
Sometimes it's not about money, if it was going to give Argyle an advantage will worth considering but like all bean counters Brent is only concerned about the bottom line.

Totally agree Mike, sod the cost, let's spend more money than the club earns.

Same old Argyle eh? :thumbs:

Stapleton would be proud of you. :scarf:

PS Now he IS a Bean Counter.

Aug 4, 2011
Would signal a statement of intent if this were to go ahead.

Regardless of how much £ a seat will make, having a full or nearly full Mayflower can give us an advantage, an advantage that we will need.

Get the place filled, get the atmosphere cranked up and lets have a push at Wembley. Most of our current fanbase will never have seen Argyle at Wembley - I'd love to experience this again.

Far to much apathy, a full Mayflower and 2 up front and take it to Pompey

football-bet-data":193f0po3 said:

Regardless of how much £ a seat will make, having a full or nearly full Mayflower can give us an advantage, an advantage that we will need.

Get the place filled, get the atmosphere cranked up and lets have a push at Wembley. Most of our current fanbase will never have seen Argyle at Wembley - I'd love to experience this again.

Here here. If it costs the club a few grand to give us even a 1% better chance of going up then they need to do it.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
dunlop":3tjpsso6 said:

Thank God for that!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
As I see it, there's a significant number of people here advocating seating in the Mayflower. Probably, a great deal of these will give up there seats in the Lyndhurst etc to sit there for one match. Is there any guarantee we'd fill all the extra seats with new bodies or A) just move people from one section to the other or B) add seats to allow more Pompey fans to attend?

I'd hate to see good money wasted only to see a couple of 100 people relocate for the night.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
GTTB Resurgam":qv0pv4hy said:
football-bet-data":qv0pv4hy said:

Here here. If it costs the club a few grand to give us even a 1% better chance of going up then they need to do it.

Absolutely, probably the best post for a long time, I fail to understand why "Brenty" won`t spend money we don`t have to install seats that won`t be filled so we can be promoted (possibly?) straight back into administration, start life in the 3rd tier with a 10 point reduction :scarf: :scarf: .

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Yeah a few grand on seats will put us into administration :facepalm: these are not ridiculous figures that put the club in jeopardy. I mean we managed to blow a money on building plans for a half arsed expansion that never arose, so why not something for the fans for a change?

Aug 4, 2011
justanotherfan":3pzwla98 said:
GTTB Resurgam":3pzwla98 said:
football-bet-data":3pzwla98 said:

I fail to understand why "Brenty" won`t spend money we don`t have to install seats that won`t be filled so we can be promoted (possibly?) straight back into administration, start life in the 3rd tier with a 10 point reduction :scarf: :scarf: .
How do you know they wont be filled? So we just plod along as we are - possibly lose by the odd goal, nick a draw or heaven forbid get a 1st leg lead away at Fratton and then have a mad scramble for tickets for the home leg, by which time its too late to install any additional seating.
Having seats and bodies in the mayflower WILL give us more of an advantage than we have now. Nobody knows exactly what the level of interest will be, but surely we have to speculate to accumulate?
By doing nothing it just typifies the "make do" mindset which then transposes into the stands and then onto the pitch.

Market the game properly, get bums on seats and lets be positive ffs