Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged). | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged).

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ollieargyle9":21mici20 said:
ninjamissile":21mici20 said:
X Isle":21mici20 said:
He's entitled to his opinion.....
Indeed he is. We’re all different and it’s what makes life a bit more interesting.

I’m also entitled to my own opinions. I have an opinion on rude, aggressive loud-mothed bully-boys. I have an opinion on lynch mobs. I also have an opinion on those who spout remorseless negativity. I have an opinion on self-proclaimed ‘experts’ who seem to know better than the rest of us and ram their own prejudiced opinions down our throats. I have an opinion on defeatists; quitters who give up when it’s all there to play for. I also have an opinion on spoilers who seem determined to drag everyone else down to the level of their own miserable and depressed state of mind and wreck any sense of enjoyment for others. And so on.

Luckily we don’t find people like that around here and, even if we did, I’d keep my opinions to myself….

Just sayin' like. :greensmile:

:clap:
:clap: squared

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Balham_Green":14kg3ojn said:
Ade the green":14kg3ojn said:
Balham_Green":14kg3ojn said:
Why don't you get your thick head out of the sand and join the real world? I've probably been supporting a lot longer than you, nobody is happier that we scraped in to the play offs and I'd love us to go up though I still can't quite see it. But I won't be convinced Sheridan is the right manager for the club until he's achieved a hell of a lot more and somebody like you making obnoxious comments to try to keep me quiet wont make any difference. Now you go back to your happy clappy world(after one good performance).

Come on The Greens!

30 years is enough time to gain an opinion I believe.

So you don't like being called out! At least you have the chance to reply which is not afforded to our manager!

Join the real world? You've been wishing for Argyle defeats so JS would slope off, I said I'd support JS until the end of the season and we're not done yet. Are we?

It's taken you a full day to acknowledge we had a win yesterday and you have to be ungracious at that. Please, either show my 'obnoxious' posts or complain to the mods and let them decide. What do you mean by someone like me? An oft used insult that is never quite explained.

One good performance? You list our very poor performances and I'll reply with our good performances and we'll see who runs out the quickest.

What are you on about 'wishing for argyle defeats'? Dont make things up! Where is your evidence for that?
Your obnoxious post which you have forgotten is in calling somebody 'miserable' (for the 2nd time) and tellling them to get off the thread because they dont agree with you. I suggest that relates to an earlier post about bullying. Get it?

Nobody is denying there have been good performances this season but they have been few and far between since Christmas, especially for a side with promotion ambitions.

Is calling someone miserable more or less obnoxious than the name calling you've gone in for for months towards anyone that disagrees with you?

According to your earlier post we've only had one!

Yes, I do have a gripe with you but have you honestly had anything good to say about our positive performances? I doubt many if any expected a win yesterday and if you (anybody) can't be 100% happy with that then you (anybody) are miserable (there you go, 3times). Nobody else has felt the need to say anything other than well done.

The slates clean, we have two games to get to Wembley and hopefully a game at Wembley before we can say whether this has been a good, bad or indifferent season but you have made up your mind and nothing will change that. Fair enough, but if you've not seen yet, you seem to be the only poster not welcoming the opportunity presented to us.

Having woken up this morning feeling relaxed and looking forward to the next couple of weeks, your posts look like they're designed to put a mockers on it.

You've called me a happy clapper, green tint, head in the sand ostrich! Happy clapper? Maybe, green tint? Guilty as charged, ostrich? Just what am I supposed to be denying?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Leave it Ade.

We have a couple who like a tipple on Sundays, both are on tonight.

Just keep your head down, they'll go quiet.

Sep 6, 2006
Ade the green":2pufyew3 said:
Balham_Green":2pufyew3 said:
Ade the green":2pufyew3 said:
Balham_Green":2pufyew3 said:
Why don't you get your thick head out of the sand and join the real world? I've probably been supporting a lot longer than you, nobody is happier that we scraped in to the play offs and I'd love us to go up though I still can't quite see it. But I won't be convinced Sheridan is the right manager for the club until he's achieved a hell of a lot more and somebody like you making obnoxious comments to try to keep me quiet wont make any difference. Now you go back to your happy clappy world(after one good performance).

Come on The Greens!

30 years is enough time to gain an opinion I believe.

So you don't like being called out! At least you have the chance to reply which is not afforded to our manager!

Join the real world? You've been wishing for Argyle defeats so JS would slope off, I said I'd support JS until the end of the season and we're not done yet. Are we?

It's taken you a full day to acknowledge we had a win yesterday and you have to be ungracious at that. Please, either show my 'obnoxious' posts or complain to the mods and let them decide. What do you mean by someone like me? An oft used insult that is never quite explained.

One good performance? You list our very poor performances and I'll reply with our good performances and we'll see who runs out the quickest.

What are you on about 'wishing for argyle defeats'? Dont make things up! Where is your evidence for that?
Your obnoxious post which you have forgotten is in calling somebody 'miserable' (for the 2nd time) and tellling them to get off the thread because they dont agree with you. I suggest that relates to an earlier post about bullying. Get it?

Nobody is denying there have been good performances this season but they have been few and far between since Christmas, especially for a side with promotion ambitions.

Is calling someone miserable more or less obnoxious than the name calling you've gone in for for months towards anyone that disagrees with you?

According to your earlier post we've only had one!

Yes, I do have a gripe with you but have you honestly had anything good to say about our positive performances? I doubt many if any expected a win yesterday and if you (anybody) can't be 100% happy with that then you (anybody) are miserable (there you go, 3times). Nobody else has felt the need to say anything other than well done.

The slates clean, we have two games to get to Wembley and hopefully a game at Wembley before we can say whether this has been a good, bad or indifferent season but you have made up your mind and nothing will change that. Fair enough, but if you've not seen yet, you seem to be the only poster not welcoming the opportunity presented to us.

Having woken up this morning feeling relaxed and looking forward to the next couple of weeks, your posts look like they're designed to put a mockers on it.

You've called me a happy clapper, green tint, head in the sand ostrich! Happy clapper? Maybe, green tint? Guilty as charged, ostrich? Just what am I supposed to be denying?

Where is the name calling? Where is the evidence? You make things up mate as you did by suggesting I've been calling for Argyle to lose. Never. Where is the evidence? I don't mind a debate but don't lie.

You can't handle anybody disagreeing with you. I gave my view and concerns re Sheridan (which are not changed by yesterday's performance- most were after his dismissal 2 games ago- were you?) and you started insulting me as you have continued to do. Who is the bully?
This site is about people having different views. If you cant handle that get off the site. Would be bl8ody boring if we all agreed with each other. Show a bit of respect and then I'll respect you. Until then just shut up.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Come on BG, he's a lot younger than you and you can be a miserable old sod at the best of times.

The teams doing well, we should all be excited, let's leave it now eh?

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":2xxjgbqu said:
Come on BG, he's a lot younger than you and you can be a miserable old sod at the best of times.

The teams doing well, we should all be excited, let's leave it now eh?

Am excited( a bit!) but apprehensive. I just dont appreciate people trying to bully me off the thread.

p.s You haven't seen me in 'the best of times'!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I saw you after a 2-0 win at Northampton, that was enough. :lol:

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
memory man":2wfqmhpw said:
Ollieargyle9":2wfqmhpw said:
ninjamissile":2wfqmhpw said:
X Isle":2wfqmhpw said:
He's entitled to his opinion.....
Indeed he is. We’re all different and it’s what makes life a bit more interesting.

I’m also entitled to my own opinions. I have an opinion on rude, aggressive loud-mothed bully-boys. I have an opinion on lynch mobs. I also have an opinion on those who spout remorseless negativity. I have an opinion on self-proclaimed ‘experts’ who seem to know better than the rest of us and ram their own prejudiced opinions down our throats. I have an opinion on defeatists; quitters who give up when it’s all there to play for. I also have an opinion on spoilers who seem determined to drag everyone else down to the level of their own miserable and depressed state of mind and wreck any sense of enjoyment for others. And so on.

Luckily we don’t find people like that around here and, even if we did, I’d keep my opinions to myself….

Just sayin' like. :greensmile:

:clap:
:clap: squared

Wish I wrote that !!! :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":3mauloxg said:
IJN":3mauloxg said:
I saw you after a 2-0 win at Northampton, that was enough. :lol:

Is that the best of times :facepalm:

Where we've been over the lest few years ANY away win is a good win.

:thumbs:

samjones":3qjk0g9i said:
Lets hope its not a one off. If our away form had been half decent we would already be promoted so I can't get too excited about a win at a team who could take their foot off the gas.

We still need another good away performance in the playoffs, which we did actually get at Wycombe in regular season and then a one off cup final at Wembley

Think the gods have been on our side this season but whether it will continue for another 3 games I somehow doubt

Hail smiling morn... Always look on the bright side of life, eh Sam?

Sep 8, 2013
I sense a few of us are now going through 'the nervous nineties' - so near yet so far. Let's hope the team on the day(s) has the conviction and the resolve required to make our wishes come true. Surely they need our unwavering support at this time.

No pie of the humble variety here..standing by my words..
He may have gotten us to within an inch of League 1 football next season but still don't want him here next season whatever League we end up being in. Tin hat on but still...SHERIDAN OUT!! this has been the most untidy, uninspiring, frustrating and negative way of reaching the Playoffs...wasn't exactly the breeze we were all expecting, free flowing, passing and entertaining football.
Having said that I will be supporting the men on the pitch as they hopefully do the job over Wycombe. :scarf: :scarf:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Laido":1c7nlpzy said:
No pie of the humble variety here..standing by my words..
He may have gotten us to within an inch of League 1 football next season but still don't want him here next season whatever League we end up being in. Tin hat on but still...SHERIDAN OUT!! this has been the most untidy, uninspiring, frustrating and negative way of reaching the Playoffs...wasn't exactly the breeze we were all expecting, free flowing, passing and entertaining football.
Having said that I will be supporting the men on the pitch as they hopefully do the job over Wycombe. :scarf: :scarf:

Probably wasn't "the breeze" that you were expecting Andy.

We have no more of a God-given right to win games as any other team. At the end of the day, it's just 2 sets of 11 reasonably equal players...nothing more, nothing less.

Some you win, some you lose. Some you deserve to lose and win, some you deserve to win and lose.

Swings and roundabouts Andy.

I don't believe that anyone should eat humble pie for having an opinion, regardless of how ridiculous that opinion might appear to be.