Credit to Sheridan | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to Sheridan

Nov 18, 2014
Bristol Rich":29j9ju16 said:
chronicgreen":29j9ju16 said:
Andy Holland":29j9ju16 said:
Are you saying people shouldn't have views if they aren't also football managers?

Surely that means your support of Sheridan is equally worthless - I mean, what do you know?

Of course everyone is entitled to have views but they should attempt to keep them reasonably balanced imo. I find it strange how a shower curtain ring salesman, bus driver or green as grass student can state with absolute fact that somebody who has been involved in a profession for practically their entire life as a top level player and fairly successful lower league manager is a totally clueless, dour, uninspiring tactical buffoon who is only here 2 days a week, doesn't train or prepare the players correctly, hates Plymouth and treats Argyle fans like pond life. Surely there can be very few people who know the man well enough to make such sweeping and almost certainly unfounded accusations. Anyway as you say, what do I know? Well I know that I'll continue to support the team and the manager until the end of the season and then make a judgement on whether the players and in particular Sheridan have succeeded or failed, I feel it's the only sensible course of action for a non expert such as myself.

Chronic Green you should change your name to chronically boring. Every time there is the slightest hint of a question or criticism of Sheridan you take it upon your self to fight his corner to the death, I dare say you have already got the drafts for Friday evening written, a smug one if we win, a defending to the death one if we lose, all rather tedious. Sheridan doesn't read PASOTI and you won't become best friends. By your logic you should never question anyone who has been employed in football professionally, by your logic Mick Jones should still be managing Argyle then, as how could we question him? You would be a brilliant resident in North Korea blindly following the Grand leader.

I actually enjoyed reading the debate between Chronic, Demport and Holland earlier today. Your post on the other hand is an uncalled for personal attack, you're obviously struggling to find anything worthwhile to say so juvenile abuse is all you can muster, It actually says more about you than the person you're digging at :doh:

May 1, 2011
RNHGreen":2rnogsdd said:
Bristol Rich":2rnogsdd said:
chronicgreen":2rnogsdd said:
Andy Holland":2rnogsdd said:
Are you saying people shouldn't have views if they aren't also football managers?

Surely that means your support of Sheridan is equally worthless - I mean, what do you know?

Of course everyone is entitled to have views but they should attempt to keep them reasonably balanced imo. I find it strange how a shower curtain ring salesman, bus driver or green as grass student can state with absolute fact that somebody who has been involved in a profession for practically their entire life as a top level player and fairly successful lower league manager is a totally clueless, dour, uninspiring tactical buffoon who is only here 2 days a week, doesn't train or prepare the players correctly, hates Plymouth and treats Argyle fans like pond life. Surely there can be very few people who know the man well enough to make such sweeping and almost certainly unfounded accusations. Anyway as you say, what do I know? Well I know that I'll continue to support the team and the manager until the end of the season and then make a judgement on whether the players and in particular Sheridan have succeeded or failed, I feel it's the only sensible course of action for a non expert such as myself.

Chronic Green you should change your name to chronically boring. Every time there is the slightest hint of a question or criticism of Sheridan you take it upon your self to fight his corner to the death, I dare say you have already got the drafts for Friday evening written, a smug one if we win, a defending to the death one if we lose, all rather tedious. Sheridan doesn't read PASOTI and you won't become best friends. By your logic you should never question anyone who has been employed in football professionally, by your logic Mick Jones should still be managing Argyle then, as how could we question him? You would be a brilliant resident in North Korea blindly following the Grand leader.

I actually enjoyed reading the debate between Chronic, Demport and Holland earlier today. Your post on the other hand is an uncalled for personal attack, you're obviously struggling to find anything worthwhile to say so juvenile abuse is all you can muster, It actually says more about you than the person you're digging at :doh:
Remember your comment the next time you dig and patronise Cobi. People in glass houses.....

Jan 27, 2012
The bottom line is if Sheridan wins promotion, the club must keep him. If he makes the playoffs but doesn't win promotion then its debateable. But I reckon they would still keep him.

If they fail to go up, then he ought to leave. But as he is under contract next season I wonder if the club can afford to sack him. I never saw the point in giving him a 3 year contract as it commits the club financially and its not like he was in high demand.

Personally, I cant warm to the bloke so would be happy to see him leave whether we go up or not.

Feb 21, 2011
"Credit to Sheridan" please you are having a laugh getting this set of players with the backing he's had from Brent into the top 7 is barely success, only promotion would be success and even then I'm not sure I'd want him next season.

Jan 3, 2013
BadBoy":142r1f9x said:
"Credit to Sheridan" please you are having a laugh getting this set of players with the backing he's had from Brent into the top 7 is barely success, only promotion would be success and even then I'm not sure I'd want him next season.
Exactly!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
RNHGreen":3oaufcj8 said:
Bristol Rich":3oaufcj8 said:
chronicgreen":3oaufcj8 said:
Andy Holland":3oaufcj8 said:

Not sure what you define as personal abuse but there is actually next to nothing in the post and if anything less than in your response.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
BadBoy":2e3fdsz9 said:

I wouldn't go quite as far as having a laugh. To finish 6th or 7th he would have done the bare minimum expected with the backing he would have had and to then steer us through the play offs I think some credit should be given for sure. It just hasn't felt like a promotion season at all as there has always been an undercurrent of under performing but at the end of the day if we make it it will be every reason to rejoice.

C

chronicgreen

Bristol Rich":1k2ky35a said:
chronicgreen":1k2ky35a said:
Andy Holland":1k2ky35a said:

:yawn: Water off a ducks back Bristol, we all have different views and different ways of expressing them. If we don't manage to get promoted I'll be as disappointed as the next man and I will reassess my support of the manager, if we do win promotion I'll be well happy and will celebrate the moment with genuine joy and not through gritted teeth.

Feb 21, 2011
jerryatricjanner":djfu8oox said:
BadBoy":djfu8oox said:

I wouldn't go quite as far as having a laugh. To finish 6th or 7th he would have done the bare minimum expected with the backing he would have had and to then steer us through the play offs I think some credit should be given for sure. It just hasn't felt like a promotion season at all as there has always been an undercurrent of under performing but at the end of the day if we make it it will be every reason to rejoice.
Top 7 is just about the top 1/3 of the division I agree it's the bare minimum only going on from there to get into league one would be acceptable in my view. We can only imagine what an inspirational upbeat and tactically astute mananger would have achieved with this squad of players, I can only see bad things down the road with our current incumbent I hope to be proved wrong.